Online Mantatory Sort Of - Important

djhmetfan2

I did not see this mentioned elsewhere. But I guess the 35 people actually playing this game never fell into this problem.

Let me paint a picture

This game can not be played offline solo. The game will not start offline unless you play split screen. That's right folks. You go spend $59.99 bucks and put the game in and your internet goes down and want to continue your game. Well not gonna happen. Game will not start unless you are logged into EA Origin. I pressed start on second controller and the game would continue. But I did not have a 2nd player in my house.

Try playing on Lethal split screen with a 2nd controller going down every 10 seconds.

Buyer Beware

This a major flaw in this game. We were talking about Always online with Xbox and stuff but Always online looks to be the case with FUSE

I tried it again yesterday and I had the same issue. Every time i went to solo offline, a message came up Need to log into Origin and when i canceled out message game would not let me start the origin screen kept coming up. If I started on my 2nd controller and i could play. When I logged into PSN i never had an issue with the game.

If I had a way to tape my experience to post I would.

Anyway go ahead and close the topic

Sorry to confuse people it was not my intent to confuse just to inform my issue.

Edited by djhmetfan2

I tried it again yesterday and I had the same issue. Every time i went to solo offline, a message came up Need to log into Origin and when i canceled out message game would not let me start the origin screen kept coming up. If I started on my 2nd controller and i could play. When I logged into PSN i never had an issue with the game.

If I had a way to tape my experience to post I would.

Anyway go ahead and close the topic

Sorry to confuse people it was not my intent to confuse just to inform my issue.

its definitely a weird bug :think: i have test the game in my alt count / log in / load the game / skip the origin / and the offline mode its available in main menu ... btw you confuse me allot i was ready to return the game in the store no @ no gaming :rant:

Edited by 4sonork

• 3 months later...

Just to clarify the replies are correct mate, I tried a few times to start the game with this same error and I was rather annoyed but (I feel stupid now :p lol) there is an actual offline mode option, just after clicking campaign DONT click solo, go down a few and theres offline mode there that lets you start the game, now Im gonna go try the game xD lol

• 2 months later...

I could see how this would be confusing. The game logs you into EA Origin before you can even see the main menu. Once you arrive at the main menu, you see the following options.

/Solo [EA Origin]

/Solo - Friends Can Join

/Offline Game [no EA Origin]

/Matchmaking

From what I understand, the confusion is about /Solo (which is actually an online mode logged into EA Origin whether you like it or not mode) and /Offline Game (which is an offline mode where you are not logged into EA Origin).

Frankly, I think it was silly of the designers to put two similar Solo modes in the game, then label the online one requiring an EA Origin login as the true "/Solo". Seems like the offline mode should be the true "Solo." In fairness to Insomniac I am inclined to believe the decision to create two solo modes (one monitored by Origin) was something EA forced into the game. Insomniac has never been anal about monitoring their customers; EA has had issues with customer monitoring and manipulation for quite some time.

Edited by poetic_justice_