WipEout HD: Fury Expansion - Trophy Guide and Road Map

Harry94_

http://i.imgur.com/xr8hphO.png

The servers closed on March 29th, 2018 so the online trophy is now unobtainable.

Overview

This is the first and only DLC for WipEout HD. If you got WipEout HD via the Welcome Back package then you will have gotten this for free as well. The DLC features a whole new campaign, 3 new game modes and many new tracks. At £9.99 it's well worth it but for those who got it for free, it is a steal. The DLC shouldn't take you too long, the main thing that takes time is the new campaign as it's nearly as big as the original. Some of the trophies are hard but it's no way near as hard as the main game. I wish you the best of luck on your road to get all the trophies!

Step 1: Complete the Campaign on Novice

The first thing you want to do is go through the entire Fury Campaign on Novice and just aim for a bronze on everything. You only need a bronze medal for the trophy. You may also get some of the other trophies that go with the game during this step, but don't worry to much about it as you'll get it them in the next step anyway. At the end of this step you should have Fury Campaign Legend and possibly more than just that.

Step 2: Getting the Other Trophies Through Racebox

The next step is getting the rest of the trophies out the way. Most of the new trophies lie in the new game modes, Zone Battle, Eliminator and Detonator. The trophies aren't that bad compared to the original game but the detonator ones are the hardest in my opinion. If you do it in the order I did it, it kind of makes things easier. I started off on Zone Battle and got all the trophies in that, then eliminator and finally Detonator. After that I got the other miscellaneous trophies that are done via Speed Lap and also the one for viewing and completing every stat across the game. By the end of this step you should have every other trophy and be at 100%. Congrats! If you don't however, continue to step 3.

Step 3: Clean up

Missed a trophy to do with one of the new game modes? Still haven't gotten all the stats in the game? Well now is the time to go back and get it done. You should now have all the trophies in the Fury DLC, congrats!

Edited by Terminator
Added a note to say the servers have closed.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/38.jpgHold Your Fire (B)

Reach stage 10 without firing on any track, in any Detonator event.

This isn't an easy trophy because if you don't shoot you any mines, more appear and eventually the track is littered completely with mines. You also just have to reach stage 10, you don't have to complete it. I recommend doing this on the track "Corridon 12" or "Anulpha Pass" because if one of the lanes gets filled with mines you can take the other lane safely. Luckily you can use the EMP to obtain this trophy and if you followed me controller scheme mentioned in the WipEout HD trophy guide, the button should be :l2:. To set up a game just go to "Racebox" then put the game mode as detonator then choose Corridon 12 as the track. Remember you can't fire your bullets! Don't touch them or the trophy won't unlock, you can however use EMP.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/39.jpgSharpshooter (B)

Score a hit with every round in an entire cannon clip in any Detonator event.

This is an easy trophy, just set up a Detonator event in Racebox and choose whatever track you want, I recommend Anulpha pass or Syncopia. Now you have to have a hit with all 15 bullets of the cannon. Line your ship up and fire 1 bullet towards a mine and chances are you will hit it as the bullets bounce off the walls and make things even easier for you. Do this 15 times and the trophy will unlock. You know you're on a streak as the woman will say "5 chain bonus", "10 chain bonus" and then finally "15 chain bonus". If you miss any just restart the event.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/40.jpgDa Bomb (B)

Destroy all 14 bombs in any Detonator event.

I'd say this is the hardest trophy in the Fury DLC, you have to destroy all 14 bombs across the 14 stages in a single detonator event. I extremely recommend you do this only on Syncopia, don't do it on tracks with two different directions like Ubermall, Anulpha Pass and Corridon 12. The reason being the bombs can spawn on those lanes and you may miss them. Another handy tip is to look at the Bomb notification at the top of the screen when the woman says "bomb", that indicator will say if the bomb is to the left, right or directly ahead of you. The method I used was to gather my EMP and then when I heard the word "bomb", unleashed the EMP. Use the cannon on the mines and also the bombs if you don't have an EMP. You know if you've hit a bomb as it makes a bigger explosion and grants you more points. As soon as you complete the detonator event and if you hit all the bombs, the trophy will unlock.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/41.jpgZone Battle Legend (B)

Win a single player, Racebox, Zone Battle event with a target of 40 on Talons Junction (Forward).

This is another easy trophy. Go to "Racebox" and set up a Zone Battle event with a target of 40 and Novice A.I to make things loads easier. Now choose Talons Junction (forward), now just win. Go over every speed pad and only use boost when you can advance 8.0 Zones, else it takes forever. The track is full of sharp turns, so be careful to not eliminate yourself as you loose lots of Zones. As soon as you win with a target of 40, the trophy will pop shortly afterwards.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/42.jpgJust Passing Through (B)

Pass through 15 Zone Barriers in any Zone Battle event.

Very easy trophy, this is how I got it. Go to "Racebox" and set up a zone battle game and put the target on 55 and the A.I difficulty on Elite. Now don't use boost, you will want to use all your energy on your shields, which are used by pressing :circle: and then pass through the hexagons (barriers) that the A.I leave behind. You need to pass through them while your shield is on as if you don't it will just damage you and you won't go through it. I recommend doing this on Anulpha pass then you can go on the overpass as there's usually 2 or 3 up there. You won't know when you've gone through 15 unless you count them but as soon as pass through the 15th one with your shields on, the trophy will unlock.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/43.jpgZen Evasion (B)

Win any single player Zone Battle event with a minimum target of 25 without absorbing.

This is probably the easiest trophy on the Fury DLC and you can get it during the first racing cell on campaign without trying it's that easy. Just don't press :circle:, only use :square: and boost. If you don't get it on the campaign then you can do it on Racebox with any track you think your good at. To make things even easier, put the A.I on Novice and the target at 25. Remember to not use :circle: else the trophy won't unlock. Trophy will unlock upon winning the event.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/44.jpg Elimin18 (B)

Eliminate 18 opponents in a single player Eliminator event.

This trophy is a pain to get, at least I found it a pain. You have to eliminate 18 other ships in one game. The way I recommend doing this is by setting up a Racebox Eliminator and going on a track like Anulpha Pass, remember to put the A.I on Novice, put the speed on Venom and put the target score as high as it will go. Now you have two choices:

1. The first method is to just keep driving over a weapon pad and not actually racing around the track. Then you wait for the other ships to come along and fire everything at them, if you get a Shield or boost etc, just absorb it. If you get a crappy weapon like leech beam or cannon then absorb that to. This method is a very good way of getting the trophy.
  2. The next method is to just race with the others and focus on one ship at a time and fire everything at them. This method isn't as easy as the first but it's more practical to do.

Nille has found an alternate method of getting this:

When you are getting close to the maximum score (600) you can keep flying off the bridge on Anulpha Pass which will decrease your score by 5 every time you fly off.

My problem was mainly that I kept getting to 600 points before I took out 18 other ships, but this way makes it easy.

Edited by Terminator
Updated the Elimin18 walkthrough.

45.jpg Cannon and on (B)

Hit 5 different opponents with rounds from the same Cannon clip in a single player Eliminator event.

Self explanatory. You have to do this during an eliminator event. Firstly, you need to get a cannon pick up during the event. You have 30 bullets in the Cannon and you will want to get at least one in 5 different ships. An easy way to do this is set up and eliminator event on Syncopia or Anulpha Pass via Racebox and put the A.I on Novice and the speed class on Venom. Now you need to wait until you get a cannon and stay in last place behind everybody, now hit the ship in front of you with as little bullets as you can, then overtake them and do the sane thing for the next one. Rinse and repeat. The trophy will unlock during the game if you hit 5 different ships with one Cannon pick up.

46.jpg Stay on Target (B)

Stay locked onto an opponent with a Missile or a Leech Beam for 30 seconds in a single player Eliminator event.

Your not going to get this by accident so your going to have to try and go for it. Set up an eliminator event on Syncopia or Anulpha Pass with Novice A.I and Venom speed. Now you need to wait until you get a leech beam or missile pick up from the red pads, once you have one of them go behind all the ships and look at the last one. The lock on thing will automatically lock onto the nearest ship, as soon as the lock on goes red that's when the imaginary timer starts, you have to keep the lock on red for 30 seconds. Make sure to follow the ship your aiming at closely and turn at the same angles it does. The lock on will go if you get to far away or overtake it. It's not a hard trophy and venom speed makes it a piece of cake. The trophy will unlock during the event.

47.jpg The Pure Four (B)

Obtain 50,000 points on each of the following tracks in Zone Mode - Pro Tozo, Mallavol, Corridon 12 and Syncopia.

Self explanatory, you might get this during the campaign if you get over 50,000 on zone mode in the required tracks. If you don't however go to Racebox and set up a Zone game, now choose one of the tracks and then beat the score of 50,000 (score is at the top of the screen during the event). To get 50,000 quicker, get as many perfect laps as you can. You can check how much you have on the tracks by looking at the track name on Racebox and the you will notice the Leaderboard below, you need to get a score of 50,000 down there. Most the tracks are easy but Corridon 12 can cause problems because of the way it's set out, all are really easy to reach 50,000 on though. The trophy will unlock upon reaching 50,000 on those 4 tracks in Zone mode.

48.jpg Stats Life (B)

Attain and view every stat in the game.

Unobtainable due to server closure.

(Online)

This is basically a free trophy so don't worry about it until it's one of the last trophies you need. Firstly, complete everything in the WipEout HD main game then complete the Fury Campaign. By the time you've done all of that then nearly every stats will have been filled. Most of the stats require a lap on all the tracks and stuff to do with online. The last stat I needed was a kill online, I never tried for the trophy and just completed the whole game before even looking properly at stats. Once you have gotten a number in each statistic go and view statistics by going to "Options" => "Extras" => "Statistics" and then scrolling through all the pages. The trophy will unlock on the statistics page upon getting every statistic.

49.jpg Amphi-scenic Route (B)

Successfully perform a barrel roll whilst navigating the Amphiseum (Reverse) shortcut in any event.

I found this trophy easy and did it it during single race events during the Campaign. It's really not very hard. Firstly you will want to set up a speed lap with phantom speed on Racebox. Now choose the Amphiseum (Reverse). You want to keep your boost. Now a little bit down the track there is a gravity part of the track and directly after this is a big hill/ramp. You want to pull your ships nose up then boost up to the right hand side and you will see a sort of rectangle square with an invisible barrier on it, you want to pass through that. Remember to barrel roll while your going through it and then land on the road on the other side, the trophy will unlock during the event. This may take you some practice but once you do it once, you can do it all the time.

50.jpg Fury Campaign Legend (B)

Obtain a medal in every cell in the Fury Campaign.

The minimum requirement for this trophy is to get a bronze medal on novice on all 80 events in the fury campaign, you don't have to get any better if you don't want to. Now, there's new events in this DLC and campaign. For starters, reverse tracks are now included in the Campaign. Here's a short description of each new mode:

Eliminator: This event just focuses on you shooting everybody and trying to eliminate the other ships. You get points for damaging ships depending on the weapon, but you gets lots for destroying ships. The aim of the game is to reach the required amount of points. You cant absorb weapons to get health, absorbing just gives you a shield. You can also do a 180 degree turn around and fire stuff directly into the other ships, the A.I can do this to.

Zone Battle: This is similar to the HD game mode Zone, except this time your against others. The aim of the game is to keep going over speed pads and obtaining energy for your boost or Shield. When you boost you drop behind what the game calls a "Barrier", and depending what number the energy was on you will go up that many zones when the A.I boost the same thing applies. You have infinite lives but if you explode you lose Zones, also if you hit Barriers and your on a low energy count, you loose that to. The aim of the game is to be the first player to reach the required zone amount.

Detonator: Again this game mode is similar to Zone. You are in a little ship that is equipped with an unlimited supply of Plasma Bullets, you have 15 rounds per clip and you have to reload then (or you can manually reload with :circle:). The track is scattered with mines and when you shoot them you get points and shooting a bomb grants you lots of points. Going over speed pads adds energy to your EMP meter at the bottom left of the screen, an EMP is similar to quake and wipes out every mine in front of you and continues circa longer period of time depending on how big your EMP bar was. There are 15 stages and each stage gets faster and more mines are added. You have to reach a certain number of points for a medal and the game ends when you complete all 15 stages or you get destroyed by hitting the mines.

The Fury Campaign has a mixture of these new modes and old modes from the main game like Zone, Speed Lap, single race, tournament etc. The campaign also only features the new tracks and none of the old tracks. The trophy will unlock when you complete the final event with at least a bronze medal.

Edited by Terminator
Removed some erroneous info and fixed some broken links.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice guide :)

One minor point, you don't have to have completed the campaign to get stats life, the arcade perfect section doesn't seem to count towards that as I haven't even finished the campaign on novice, let alone elite.

Also, it will probably come naturally to most while playing but if you are missing something from the power ups absorbed section (name of item is greyed out), it only seems to count if you absorb it in single race/tournament rather than eliminator events.

Nice guide :)

One minor point, you don't have to have completed the campaign to get stats life, the arcade perfect section doesn't seem to count towards that as I haven't even finished the campaign on novice, let alone elite.

Also, it will probably come naturally to most while playing but if you are missing something from the power ups absorbed section (name of item is greyed out), it only seems to count if you absorb it in single race/tournament rather than eliminator events.

Ok, I'll give more detail on that. I wasn't sure what counted, but everything in my stats has something by it. So I presumed it's everything.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/40.jpgDa Bomb (B)

Destroy all 14 bombs in any Detonator event.

I'd say this is the hardest trophy in the Fury DLC, you have to destroy all 14 bombs across the 14 stages in a single detonator event. I extremely recommend you do this only on Syncopia, don't do it on tracks with two different directions like Ubermall, Anulpha Pass and Corridon 12. The reason being the bombs can spawn on those lanes and you may miss them. Another handy tip is to look at the Bomb notification at the top of the screen when the woman says "bomb", that indicator will say if the bomb is to the left, right or directly ahead of you. The method I used was to gather my EMP and then when I heard the word "bomb", unleashed the EMP. Use the cannon on the mines and also the bombs if you don't have an EMP. You know if you've hit a bomb as it makes a bigger explosion and grants you more points. As soon as you complete the detonator event and if you hit all the bombs, the trophy will unlock.

I just got this trophy and surprisingly enough it wasn't even that tough once I figured out what works best (took me quite some attemps to get there but now I've got the 14 Boms several times in a row).

Your tactic is definitely what one should do. The only thing I would add is that in going for this trophy one shouldn't focus on shooting any mines at all unless they are directly in the way of the line one's driving. Seriously, that's it. Before I shot many mines and screwed up by missing one bomb or dying close to the end. But if you just focus on driving and collecting EMP and only shoot mines if they are directly in front of the way you're going you'll get a much better and much more sovereign feel of the entire race.

Additionally to that, shot bombs if you can and if you think you'll miss unleash the EMP. That's actually all I have to say. Really fun mode I must say.^^

I just got this trophy and surprisingly enough it wasn't even that tough once I figured out what works best (took me quite some attemps to get there but now I've got the 14 Boms several times in a row).

Your tactic is definitely what one should do. The only thing I would add is that in going for this trophy one shouldn't focus on shooting any mines at all unless they are directly in the way of the line one's driving. Seriously, that's it. Before I shot many mines and screwed up by missing one bomb or dying close to the end. But if you just focus on driving and collecting EMP and only shoot mines if they are directly in front of the way you're going you'll get a much better and much more sovereign feel of the entire race.

Additionally to that, shot bombs if you can and if you think you'll miss unleash the EMP. That's actually all I have to say. Really fun mode I must say.^^

I'm glad you got it :)

I'll mention something about only shooting mines in your way. I agree that this is a very fun mode :D

I'm glad you got it :)

I'll mention something about only shooting mines in your way. I agree that this is a very fun mode :D

It was by accident that I found it out. In Syncopia right at the beginning there's mines in front of you and I shot only those on the left side (because that's the line I was driving) and ignored those on the right side. Then when I finished the round and started the second one those on the right were still there and now those of the second stage spawned, a couple of them left, a couple of them right. Again I ignored those on the right and just shot those on the left.

Upon starting the third stage there were already a considerable amount of mines on the right side and of course the empty left side. But now that the mines spawned for the third round they just spawned on the full right side with none spawning on the left side at all. It was as if the game itself creating a safe route for me.

I noticed this happen at several spots throughout the track but it's not a thing that happens all of the time. Sooner or later it will put mines in your way again but still, this is a good way to get a feel of the strategy of actually avoiding the mines rather than shooting like a maniac. At least for me I know it made me a lot more calm when approaching the task at hand. So I figured I'd share in case it would help others too.^^

• 3 weeks later...

Good guide, better than the old one. For Stats Life, you don't need to get Elite Campaign Legend. Also, my last stats where completing each reverse race in Racebox (they aren't in the campaign) so might want to mention that as an easily missable stat too.

Here's a link for all the stats.

Edited by SandeProElite

Good guide, better than the old one. For Stats Life, you don't need to get Elite Campaign Legend. Also, my last stats where completing each reverse race in Racebox (they aren't in the campaign) so might want to mention that as an easily missable stat too.

Here's a link for all the stats.

Thanks, and I know about that. I just said to complete the game and everything and then you will just get the trophy. You will play the reverse tracks when going for arcade perfect anyway :)

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/46.jpgStay on Target (B)

Stay locked onto an opponent with a Missile or a Leech Beam for 30 seconds in a single player Eliminator event.

Your not going to get this by accident so your going to have to try and go for it. Set up an eliminator event on Syncopia or Anulpha Pass with Novice A.I and Venom speed. Now you need to wait until you get a leech beam or missile pick up from the red pads, once you have one of them go behind all the ships and look at the last one. The lock on thing will automatically lock onto the nearest ship, as soon as the lock on goes red that's when the imaginary timer starts, you have to keep the lock on red for 30 seconds. Make sure to follow the ship your aiming at closely and turn at the same angles it does. The lock on will go if you get to far away or overtake it. It's not a hard trophy and venom speed makes it a piece of cake. The trophy will unlock during the event.

This one becomes particularly easy when you use a Leech Beam to lock on. Since it immediately gives you a lock when you have it and a target is within reach (you won't get thrown off even when someone hits you or you crash into an obstacle, etc. as long as your intended target stays within sight), it should be the pick-up of your choice for this trophy.

The problem with the homing missile is that it takes some time to lock on, and when you get hit by something or smash into an obstacle, the missile loses its lock and needs to relock, thereby resetting the timer.

• 4 weeks later...

Another tip for "Elimin18" is that when you are getting close to the maximum score(600) you can keep flying off the bridge on Anulpha Pass which will decrease your score by 5 every time you fly off.

My problem was mainly that I kept getting to 600 point before I took out 18 other ships, but this way makes it easy.

Another tip for "Elimin18" is that when you are getting close to the maximum score(600) you can keep flying off the bridge on Anulpha Pass which will decrease your score by 5 every time you fly off.

My problem was mainly that I kept getting to 600 point before I took out 18 other ships, but this way makes it easy.

That's a pretty good method, I'll add it into the guide tonight :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Had some trouble getting Da Bomb trophy because i couldnt make it till lap 14 .

In the end I taped the :square: button so it would automatically shoot and i only had to press :circle: every 2 or 3 seconds.

It took some practice but eventually cleared the event with all bombs shot.

though i would swear in some laps the game cheated an there was just no bomb.

Edited by Shadow-Killer

• 3 months later...
Had some trouble getting Da Bomb trophy because i couldnt make it till lap 14 .

In the end I taped the :square: button so it would automatically shoot and i only had to press :circle: every 2 or 3 seconds.

It took some practice but eventually cleared the event with all bombs shot.

though i would swear in some laps the game cheated an there was just no bomb.

I had a problem with bombs not appearing as well, and was very close to saying f*ck it to this trophy.

• 8 months later...