Underground Brotherhood Trophy glitch/solution

poetic_justice_

ScareyAbel210 and I were boosting the three online trophies for Fuel and came upon a bizarre solution to the UGB glitch. We were following the guide; Abel was winning thirty times in a row on a map I created and hosted. I hosted 41 matches, but he did not get the trophy despite 41 consecutive wins. However, 11 matches in, the Prophet in His Own Country trophy unlocked for him, despite the fact I had created the matches, I was the one hosting the matches, and Abel had never won a single race on any of his own maps.

Abel had read somewhere that including checkpoints in races was the key to the Underground Brotherhood trophy, but he wasn't exactly sure it worked.

The races I created were only two points: Start and Finish. There was no checkpoint in between.

So, at match 33, I edited my race to be three points: Start, Checkpoint, and Finish. I hosted through match 41, but Abel got no Underground Brotherhood trophy. We switched roles.

Abel began hosting me on his race maps, which also had three points: Start, Checkpoint, and Finish. Exactly 30 matches in, UGB unlocked for me. Granted I did 30 consecutive wins, but more on that in a bit.

Encouraged, we took a brief break. When we returned, we switched, and I began hosting again. 22 matches into our new session, UGB unlocked for Abel.

Two things of note:

Abel had won exactly 30 races on a race with three points (Start, Checkpoint, and Finish). He had won 8 matches prior to our break, and 22 matches afterwards. 8+22=30.

Abel did not win 30 consecutive matches with on a race with three points. It wasn't even close, because after his first 8 matches won, he lost for 30 matches in row while I was earning UGB.

To summarize, I believe the key to earning Underground Brotherhood is to win 30 races with three points: Start, Checkpoint, and Finish. Two point race victories (Start and Finish only), for whatever reason, do not count towards UBG.

I know this game is old, but if it saves anyone the time and frustration that it cost us, it is worth it to pass this on.