Hows the game?

f1sh

Hey guys, I've read about the game in a magazine and it kinda caught my attention. I like racing games, but I'm kinda picky when it comes to these.I really liked Midnight Club, how is it compared to Midnight Club?

Would really like to know opinions of ppl who liked Midnight Club and played this.

This is actually one of the best racing games ive ever played, and I play em all. Mainly cuz of the massive enviroment and free ride, and how its all not just races. But yeah its not very comparable to midnight club or need for speed, but more like pacific rift

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's long (lots of races/challenges), and a few races are 30-60min long. It gets repetitive.

Some of the vehicle types are terrible (Muscle cars) but you can use a glitch to change vehicle at the start line. I thought the buggies, bikes, and quads were good. Monster trucks were fun now and then.

I enjoyed exploring the environment - some of the views are nice.

I found the beginning to be the hardest as I got used the crummy starting vehicles. About 1/4 - 1/3 of the way through the game I got some decent vehicles and rode those most of the way through the game.

There's a few races where the AI blatantly blatantly cheats. Like on one race you drive the hypoteneuse of a triangle (straight line to finish through trees) and they take the sides. Even though it is the same terrain, they will beat you despite your 15 second lead.

EDIT: I'd like to add that while the game promises open-world racing, the map can really punish you for experimenting with it. There are definitely shortcuts (and you'll need to use them), but it takes a while to learn to recognize a shortcut from a painful detour.

Edited by Stork77

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought this game today as it was 3 games for the price of 1 for only 30$. It looks kinda like Motorstorm Pacific Rift but without the adrenaline rush. But i've read that for cruisin' around in a vast environment it's worth it. Time will tell...