Scion boss help

sefjwm

I don't know what is wrong with me but for some reason I can't seem to beat this boss. I've watched vids and tried multiple build types and I always seem to get cheaply picked off by something (usually those stupid pulse cannons). Any tips builds or whatever that can help? Here is what I've tried:

Zephyr EX with gatling, rocket, shield, agility.

Zephyr EX with double shield, double rocket and agility.

Zephyr EX with sniper, rocket and agility.

• 1 month later...

Guess I'm a bit late, but for anyone still looking for an answer... What worked for me (on Hard) was Husky rev. 2 torso, Zephyr EX arms and legs, sniper, homing missiles and agility.

Basically, I just skated around, slowly wearing him down with missiles, occasionally attempting to snipe a bit with EDGE. The Husky can take a lot of punishment, and a full skate should give it enough time to regenerate, so you shouldn't have too much trouble staying alive.

Once the core is exposed, skate away form the beam, still firing missiles, then snipe when the beam stops, and get ready to move when the beam starts again. Probably not the most efficient strategy, but, as I said, it worked for me... :)

Thought I'd share my strategy and expand a bit in case anyone's still having trouble. My build was pretty similar to BlackLagoon's:

Rev. 2 Husky

Anakuma legs

Zephyr EX arms

Piz 6 rev. 2 Missiles x2

Machine guns (Juri + Cemetary)

Agility Backpack

My "strategy" was simple, just kept locking on to the cores with the homing missiles. This is how I dealt the majority of damage. The guns were there to build up EDGE in case I needed it. I mostly kept to the elevated rings, so when Scion attacked with its claws I just jumped off to avoid them.

It doesn't matter too much if your leg/arms get destroyed as you can still dodge the majority of attacks even with crippled burst speed. Skate in bursts when you've got less than 25% of your energy, you'll still get hit a couple of times when you're not skating but the torso is strong enough to take them and regenerates quite quickly. Just keep laying into it with missiles when you can, takes a while but it eventually goes down.

Once the cores are destroyed, it's easy to finish the fight. Keep blasting missiles while skating ahead of the lasers (again, burst when you're running out of energy, torso can take a bit of damage) and use whatever other guns you've got equipped when the laser stops. If you've got any EDGE left, this is a good time to use it.

Health/ammo/boost packs don't respawn often so only pick them up if you need them.

Good luck. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Again being real late here but I just beat it ( on normal, but I had no issues) and I had similar strategies but one thing I wanted to add was the use of a shield. That helped out a lot whenever my agility wore out or if I wanted to try and conserve it, the shield bailed me out of what would be certain death on numerous occasions.

• 1 month later...

i did both bosses hard eas with full ex zephyr double rocket launcher last launcher and 1 (machine gun)rocket thingy and the missles that lock on the boss!! and worked out easyly and for backpack the one that gives u a lot of weight to put in your wanzer!!