first thoughts.... looking for general advice

Faria1st

Well I just loaded the game up lat night for the first time. It was waiting in my mailbox (gamefly order), I decided to jump into multi-player because it was late and I planned on going to bed soon.

I played 3 multiplayer deathmatches. I pretty much got annihilated. I tried the heavy, medium, and light wanzers. I thought heavy was too clunky and medium and light felt to under powered. My weapons did virtually no damage to my opponents.

So, does anyone have any multiplayer advice? Is there a preset wanzer that you prefer?

just like u i got from gamefly went to mp because lv 70 sounds like it can take awhile.. i have put in 4 hrs i am lv 8 and the only way to get a kill is to steal it from some one esle lol ........ on that note it fun to play even tho i weak ....if it was balanced better that would be great but i am not sure alot of people r playing this so to have balanced games might mean never finding them

It seems like yesterdays update was an attempt to balance. Missiles and bazookas do not appear to be as effective. Well unless I am just great at avoiding them, lol.

My advice - avoid Deathmatch altogether. Try team deathmatch or DOmination. If your looking to rank up, domination works best. Just focus on turrets not enemies. Here are the figures...

30 points per turret captured

250 points for every 4 destroyed in each match

10 points per kill

Why focus on battles when torrents offer more points and xp. Granted if you have more kills it will help; but more deaths with no captures and your score will be extremely low. I've had matches with 0 kills 10 deaths and a number of captures and received 500+ match points. Add the intel missions and you score more.

I hope that helps a bit. :)

.... also, if you get in a good domination match you'll see a balance in captures vs. destroyed. I've been in matches where it semed each team were doing circles with captures and destroyed. Remember - you can't capture a turret unless the opposing team destroys it.

If you get a good group together this provides the best way to rank up fast.

• 9 months later...