Rate the trophy difficulty...  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.14

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• 2 weeks later...

Just got it now, voted a 4.

The game's SP difficulty on Hard is pretty easy, there's only a few "stopgap" moments where you'll be repeating it over and over if you have the right build. Many of the situational Trophies can be banged out pretty fast, like E.D.G.E Master or Wicked Shot.

The real challenge to this game's single player is the sheer scale of the collect-a-thon it inspires. The sensors and Emblems are obnoxiously hidden and without proper maps and guides you will never find them all, some are just cruel in placement and require specific equipment that you may or may not have currently fitted to get (hope you enjoy reaching the end of a level to find you needed a Grenade launcher!)

Multiplayer is nothing but a never ending grind though. The only Trophy in it that ever matters is My Hero Zero (Reach Rank 70) and that'll take you dozens of hours of playing Domination (the game's highest EXP earning mode) to reach. It'd be easier if the player base wasn't dwindling under Japanese superiority. The rest of the MP batches are just simple "win this" or "play that" and you can get most of them in like a couple hours.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the platinum 3 days ago and this one is a hard one to rate... some of the sensors are very annoying to find even with a good guide, hard mode isn't all that easy either (yeah it's not the most difficult thing, but bosses can be frustrating). If you're not boosting a 7/10 because it is not fun getting owned by crazy good japanese. But I boosted this so I give it a 5/10 (online took me 50 hrs, boosting about 15 hrs of it)

PS: Deadly maneuver XP helps ALOT.

• 4 months later...

I'd have to give this game a 6

mostly due to some of the sensors being a pain to find unless you're using a video guide (lol good luck finding one for the entire game). And the multiplayer trophies will be a pain until you either boost the trophies or play like a hundred matches before you reach a good level with alright weapon unlocks.

• 1 month later...

I voted a 6. Hard mode can be tough in a few areas of the single player story. The multiplayer is challenging because the servers are populated with mostly Japanese people and the rest of the world has little participation online.

To me these two points are bad, but not the worst. In my opinion, I think the worst is the collectibles lol. Some of these sensors are so annoying to find @_@ even using a guide. I loathe the collectibles :mad:

The rating of a 6 can be higher like a 9, if you don't use a guide and you don't boost the multiplayer.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I normally voted 4-5 , nothing difficult... but counting the time that we spent with this game and generally terribly tiring and boring match we played (I know I should not count the time to vote, but everyone who tried to what we do know what I mean ...) 6 + for me. PS F*** Online game like that!!

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Krzywy_87.png

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Voted a 4. Campaign on Hard wasn't really difficult. Sensors weren't as bad as I thought it would be. The MP trophies were just a grind.

MP was fun while it lasted. So many things wrong with it though.

Dual Bone missile launchers with Siphon battle skill, Tiran wanzer, and Agility backpack is easily overpowered. Results in a lot of angry Japanese players (:

Having gotten my Platinum a few days ago... my thoughts on it would be as such...

The main game isn't that much of a problem at all. Go through the game once on normal then do a hard run with all your cash and you'll more or less storm throuh it without any issue.

The sensors are also quite easy for the most part. Combine the use of the maps (which stop at around 3 levels from the end for some reason), the guide on here and the japanese guide, you'll find them all without too many problems.

The problem is the online... but not for the reasons you think.

If you did take on the online trophies, you would probably get all of them right up until you hit rank 70. There are still a lot of people playing, but due to the way the online is designed, you'll never see the majority of them.

The problem is the 10,000 points trophy. In the 40+ hours I put into the online, I think I only ever saw 1 Domination and Supremacy game that wasn't the result of a group of people boosting. The people who are still playing it who have no interest in trophies just do not play those modes.

Whilst I'm going to rate this a 4 because thanks to boosting thats really how hard it is at the most. You should probably come to this with a mindset that if you don't have a group to boost with, it's up there with the hardest 8 or even 9 platinum due to the lack of people playing the other online modes.

• 7 years later...

2/10

Final boss was tricky but hard mode was by no means that challenging.

Used a guide to find a sensor so not much of an issue there, although I can remember that 2 of them were tricky to locate.

Online was the classic "easy but time-consuming", mainly due to trying to find some regular players - thanks to those who I pretty much pestered most days to ask if they were online! :p

• 4 months later...