Challenge Sacrifice, Challenge Wagon of Fire, Memory of the Tribe help

poetic_justice_

Hey guys, just picked up a great tip to beating this challenge 'Sacrifice' on our sister site:

1. Look directly down to find the submerged pathways (bird's eye view).

2. Use the close-up camera.

Once I did this, I nailed it on my first try and got the gold. Woo hoo!

Challenge Sacrifice...I HATE YOU!! - Xbox360Achievements.org

Also, if you are stuck with a missing memory (like I was), this is also on our sister site:

Memory of the Tribe FAQ is in progress; Preview Here! - From Dust - GameSpot Forums

It is a thread listing all the memories and how to obtain them.

One other challenge that was a real pain was Wagon of Fire. The trick (which I didn't know) is to turn your Jelly Water on, THEN OFF. I didn't know you could do that! Thanks to pubarticles.com for this helpful tip.

Step1: Grab some water and drop it on the first water trees to empty them.

Step2: Wait for the flames to move past the first water trees.

Step3: Activate Jellify Water and remove the water to carve a path.

Step4: Wait for the flames to get near the top of the little hill and reactivate Jellify Water.

Step5: Carve a path through the next piece of water and gather water on both sides of the path.

Step6: Send your shaman to pick up the knowledge and extinguish.

Edited by poetic_justice_

For Wagon of Fire. One very simple way.

At the moment you come in the challenge, order one of your guy to go retrieve the power needed.

When he is in front of the montain to cross, whinning he can't climb, use your jellify power and put water on him so that he can swim over the mountain.

You'll see he will swim ! and arrive at the top of the montain, and make it to the power he wants.

For the way back, you know how to do it. Repeat ;)

The Sacrifice challenge was my last challenges to do, as I also thought it was pretty tough. The best advice I can give you for that one is to dump your sand into as narrow a line as you can get it and as fast as possible.

I tried going about it pretty slow, but ended up using all my sand; you need to dump it at about 65% pressure on your release button, so the sand will pile up at a pretty good rate and not spread out too much. Once you get your people over to the next island, use all the sand from the previous village and the sand from the sand bridge.

Best of luck.

I struggled with the sacrifice challenge. And I watched a youtube video and then, I did it on my second try.

Keys to do it right:

-Make sure you construct your path on the "underwater earth". Use birdview to make it easier. If you don't, you lose some "earth".

-When you construct your path, push the R2 button at the maximum and don't stop moving the cursor. It will make things easier. You will have a clear path that is just above the sea level.

-When the second totem has been built, you can destroy the first to get more "earth".

-Finally, I didn't send the shaman until I was sure the path was safe because most of the time, when he is stuck, you can lose a lot of seconds. (If you send it with 1:30/1:40 minutes remaining, he will make it back on time.)

I hope this helps.