Rate the trophy difficulty  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_75.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating 7.69

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

So someone voted an 8 without explanation? Come on!

I like the demo - not sure if i want to spend $10 for the full game though. The camera controls are awful, and that is a huge part of the game. You can jump back and forth between macro view and micro view, but there is nothing in between! It's like trying to run the 100 meter dash and all you can do is look at your shoelaces or the entire track from 8 stories up. Very annoying. The game itself (at least the demo) is very peaceful though. That is pretty cool.

No vote from me unless I buy the game. It seems fairly simple, but that could be deceiving. From Dust will definitely take time to complete - the 30 challenges are all based on secondary missions being completed - and you can't do those until every map has 100% vegetation.

If anyone decides to save the world (including those butt ugly animals that look like a cross between a hairy Mollusk and a Wildebeest), please post!

Edited by poetic_justice_

I say 4. I'm basing this off of my experience with playing it on PC, of which I've spent a lot of time on. Really the only challenging one is, appropriately enough, Gauntlet, and by extension Last Breath. Most of them aren't hard just take some thinking, a couple can be frustrating.

Getting Safe journey may sound hard but it's just a matter of taking it one village at a time.. That seems kinda corny saying that but oh well. The early levels are kinda peaceful but the end of the demo really should tell you that doesn't last. I mean there's a level called Raging Earth. And it doesn't actually take that long to get through the story. Sure you can be like me and mess around in the levels before moving on, I spent a good hour and a half on the third level. And that's just one example.

Anyway yeah, it's not a difficult trophy list at all(IMO) just a couple of them may take some time because even though there's timers, nature is still unpredictable... Now that is corny.

Anyway yeah, it's not a difficult trophy list at all(IMO) just a couple of them may take some time because even though there's timers, nature is still unpredictable... Now that is corny.

It only sounds corny if you're Woody Harrelson... broadcasting via pirate radio... on a volcano... in Yellowstone... at the end of the world. Oh, wait, that's next year. OK, scorp. You're fine. You have a whole year to be philosophical about nature.

"It's just so beautiful!"

Safe journey is very hard as the villagers wonder off when theres calm then when theres an earthquake or something they start running back to the village but often get pwned......also the damn knowledge carriers are relentless and cleary have a deathwish... on 'raging earth' i lost at least 10 just cos they would try an run from one side to the over of an erupting volcano.... ive not voted yet waiting till i100% it

villagers wonder off when theres calm then when theres an earthquake or something they start running back to the village but often get pwned......also the damn knowledge carriers are relentless and cleary have a deathwish..t

LOL! I second this :) The guide on the sister site, advises that if you loose an entire village, you should immediately restart that particular map.

I have nearly 100%'d this game, all I have left is 4-5 challenges and it's 100%'d, so I think I can safely vote on it, because I know the ones I have left are pretty easy.

I'd vote it a 6/10 mainly because I'm not used to strategy/sim games but I guess I mastered the game otherwise I wouldn't have been able to beat some of the story/challenge missions.

Some of the later Story levels can be a pain/frustrating. But otherwise a fun and different game for me, I'd recommend it to try it out but not at the current price on the PSN Store, a bit expensive. :)

I've yet to get the "Safe Journey" trophy, but that's just time consuming.

I'd rate this game a 5/10 - some challenges like "Wagons of Fire" or "Sacrifice" require timing and/or precision and the later levels of the campaign are frustrating at first too.

Although the game is quite hard, it's a lot of fun and rewarding - the last level certainly makes up for all the frustrating moments you encountered to get there :)

I've given this an 8 i'm about half way through some puzzles that are just daft.

don't understand how anyone can give this a less than 5. though i just may be bad at this.

Difficulty curve is completely flat for the first 80% of story mode then last few decide hey lets get tricky.

i've played only for 8 hours (sure people probably done the game to 103% in 12 minutes but hell i find it a difficult game.)

Safe journey is very hard as the villagers wonder off when theres calm then when theres an earthquake or something they start running back to the village but often get pwned......also the damn knowledge carriers are relentless and cleary have a deathwish... on 'raging earth' i lost at least 10 just cos they would try an run from one side to the over of an erupting volcano.... ive not voted yet waiting till i100% it

Yeah, but the trophy Safe Journey requires losing only five VILLAGES, not five VILLAGERS. Those guys can kamikaze themselves all day (and they do), but so long as the village isn't destroyed, you are ok.

Why do they always send the village idiot to retrieve the knowledge that can save the entire village? The irony is that these guys will survive, standing in one place (often five feet from the knowledge stone), crying "Help me!" while the village itself is taken out by a tsunami. Once the village is destroyed, they suddenly realize there's an alternate route to the stone and begin to move. Sigh.

I voted a 5.

The game isn't hard after you have understood every mechanism.

Dying less than 5 times in story mode can be done by restarting the map.

Some challenges can be a little hard but after several attempts, you understand what you have to do and it is a matter of getting it right.

The stupid AI makes the game a little more difficult.

gave this a 6 out of 10

though you know precisely what you're supposed to do, the freaking villagers just won't cooperate... and also, there's no room for a single error (made by you or, most of the time, villagers) in some of the challenges like Descent or Sacrifice... glad it's finally over...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Voted 6/10

Really nothing particularly hard, but several tricky and annoying bits, especially regarding pathing of the villagers.

The story mode is rather straight forward, rarely had to restart a level more than 3 times to get 100% vegetation with no villages lost.

Hardest bit was challenge 30 for me. 29 and 12 were pretty tight and tricky as well. The timing here didn't leave room for much error and the villagers pathing almost made me furious, but it worked out nicely in the end.

• 1 month later...
Voted 6/10

Really nothing particularly hard, but several tricky and annoying bits, especially regarding pathing of the villagers.

The story mode is rather straight forward, rarely had to restart a level more than 3 times to get 100% vegetation with no villages lost.

Hardest bit was challenge 30 for me. 29 and 12 were pretty tight and tricky as well. The timing here didn't leave room for much error and the villagers pathing almost made me furious, but it worked out nicely in the end.

Very similar here, I've spent over 3h for one "Sacrifice" challenge, Just couldn't get it, and the YT tutorials are all full of minor mistakes and look so easy where I was struggling and running out of sand when planned carefully and perfected every move. But yeah, at the end, all was good :D