Rate the trophy difficulty.  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_3.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 2.90

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game can be a 1 if you play it while using a chess program near you on your computer lol. And for the 100 matches that seems time consuming you can have a partner letting you win in 3 moves everytime. So this platinum is an easy one but its gonna be hard to find it cause its not very popular.

Getting the platinum the legit way would make this game a 7, but you can use a chess program on your PC to beat the king and the ELO 2000+ player, so I'm going to rate it a 2.

The other trophies are really straightforward, winning 40 times isn't a problem if you chose an opponent with a low rating, playing 100 times isn't hard either since you don't have to win all of them, solving 60 puzzles is easy too and the adventure mode isn't that hard (except for the queen and the king) if you know the basic rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Voted a 4. Beating ELO 2100 was a b!tch. Took me about 5 tries, I think, lasting almost 20 minutes each time. And two of my friends also gave it a shot. So that makes it a total of 7 tries :eek: Intense.

Beating the Bishop was another difficult one. I could only manage a maximum of 4 wins out of the required 7. Until I got my hands on a Chess Software :D

• 1 month later...

Voted 3.

Very easy and fast platinum, but only if you use a chess program, unless you are very good at chess. Had a bit of trouble beating the knight mission (the antichess game) but once i figured out how to do it, it was no problem. Also had a few freezing issues, which erased my save once and the 20+ wins I had at the time.

I rated this a 4. Now playing it legit would easily be a 8 or 9 i think. I found the trophies with a chess prograss easy say only a 2 but I added the extra 2 point for the difficlty of using the god dam chess programs. All the free one's I got where imo quite complicated to use. But over all an easy plat. I did enjoy the mate in 1 move puzzles (didnt need help on those lol) :D

• 3 weeks later...

This chessgame sucks big time......How come I didn't see no one mentioning the trophie bug?? When I first saw that you need to beat an elo player of 2000 I thought this will be VERY difficult.....but as I played the game I noticed the chess engine sucks....the music sucks....I beat the 2000 elo player without any help....I tested allso the strength of this game (used the 3100 elo rating) against fritz 11 and well it didn't surprise me that the ps3 version looses time after time....I rated this trophie a 1

• 2 weeks later...

I voted a 4 beating the prince legitamatly was really tricky but also one of the most satisfying trophies I have unlocked, other than that a few frustrating moments kept losing or drawing with the queen but a little persistance and you get there in the end.

Edited by maverick2056

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...