Platinum Difficulty Rating

ShadowAFC

Rate the trophy difficulty  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

diff_plat_3.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 2.77

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

Yaaaaay, I get to be the first to post!

I still need to master 5 jobs, but I expect to be done by the day after tomorrow. I say this game is a 4. It takes copious amounts of time, but it's really not hard. You just need to learn the best ways to do things. Mainly, the best ways to grind, since that's what I remember doing most of the time.

When I get the plat, I'll edit this post with my total playtime. Currently at ~99 hours.

EDIT: 131 hours, 41 minutes, over the course of 14 days.

Edited by Lucca202

This game is a 1. It is insanely easy, however it is also insanely BORING. It isn't bad at first, but once you've got 1 or 2 jobs at level 20, you start realizing just how boring and time consuming it will be. You need zero skill though, for anything. Level 20 doesn't seem like much, until you've played this.

It may get harder to get the 100 friends trophy if people aren't still playing it in the months to come though.

The "hardest" trophy is beating a rank 5 battle without dying, but that is also very easy against a rank 5 toppled snowman in Snowhill.

I don't know how long it took me to platinum it, but it felt like ages.

Edited by Lil_Mermaid_Girl

I don't know how long it took me to platinum it, but it felt like ages.

You can actually see the total time you spent online on the Select menu. Go to About Me -> Details. Although, by the way you talk about the game, you probably deleted it already. I didn't find it so bad, myself. Just not worth paying monthly to play.

I think it would be good if everyone who posted in this thread actually said how much time it took them to get the platinum. Since we are not supposed to vote based on length, it's important to emphasize that, however easy, this platinum will surely go far into 100 hours.

Edited by Lucca202

• 2 weeks later...

I say about a 5. It's not necessarily that hard, but extremely time consuming which makes it difficult for me due to lack of time to actually play as much as I'd like to. The game is great fun though and I now wish I would have gotten the lifetime membership as I could take my time and enjoy more of what the game has to offer. All in all, I don't regret getting it or working at it.

Edit: I still have 11 jobs to level up to 20 and I've already put in over 80 hours and I'm just now starting my 3rd month.

Edit 2: I wound up getting the platinum for this game by the end of the 3rd month or so. It has to be one of my favorite platinums.

Edited by tc31wizard
responding to a request from post above me

• 2 months later...

I'm not going to vote yet, as I'm just over 40% trophy completion for Free Realms atm.

Updating my post, because I had a bad impression with the friends trophy because it was bugged at the time I joined (fixed today). The game is easy, but the Platinum isn't exactly fast: it takes a lot of work and time. But very doable with dedication and effort, I'm guessing it's a 3.5/10.

At first I didn't like the game that much, but I grew to like it more and more... It was just a big grind at the start, but after making some friends and joining a guild, it is a lot more fun now.

Edited by Guimace

• 6 months later...

Difficulty (skill required): 1/10

Difficulty (time required): 8/10

Average/Overall difficulty: 4.5/10

Yeah I'll give this a 4/10, because despite being an easy game, the difficult part is having the willpower to stand the huge, BORING grind at the end. Maxing out all professions is extremely mind numbing, repetitive, and boring, specially the combat jobs because there are no less than SIX of them. Holy crap I don't know how I managed to endure this grind.

I still liked the game though, or at least the first 80% of it.

The last 20% were done mostly watching TV or reading other sites. I also AFK'd some professions (Football, Demo Derby) while eating or going to bathroom.

• 1 month later...

When I get the plat, I'll edit this post with my total playtime. Currently at ~99 hours.

EDIT: 131 hours, 41 minutes, over the course of 14 days.

This is why I come to this site! That little piece of information that's not included in the difficulty poll, but for those of us who work, TIME MEANS SO MUCH! Thank you for telling how long it took to get this.

I was so hacked off because I downloaded the "demo" only to find the trophy count was added to my trophy collection. So now I have a nice 0% for a game I will most likely never platinum.

EDIT: After 160 hours, 285 levels, 48 collections and 585 quests, the platinum is done. Just something to consider if you are going for the platinum - this game is long.

This game is twice as long as it should have been. It flopped because it is too long and boring for kids, but too childish for adults. However, it was generally relaxing and stress free, which was a nice change from my usual diet of first person shooters.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 3 months later...

I gave it a 3. It's really not that hard of a game. The hardest part is actually getting yourself to get through the grinding.

The cooperative trophies aren't hard at all either. The game isn't as populated as it once was but there's still people that play. It took me about 15 minutes to find someone to help me with all the trophies that required 2 people.

• 2 months later...

120 hours at most is NOT what I call time consuming at all, regardless of how repetitive some of the tasks get. But, that is YOUR own fault for getting into a game simply for the trophies.

So, mayhap it'd be best if you stuck to games you know you'll enjoy, instead of going after games that you have absolutely zero interest in.

I'm actually getting a Lifetime membership after I'm done with the platinum, because I'm going to keep playing. It is a simplistic MMORPG, but it's actually entertaining.

• 1 year later...

I voted with a 2, as everything I would have said about the difficulty has already been covered by the previous posters in this thread. Minor bouts of lag were also an annoying factor (having the ball in soccer, and then seeing the cpu slide tackle it away after they were quite a few yards away a second ago).

Overall, happy to see it finished and glad it was worth a platinum, even though it is a PSN title.:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm only about 2 trophies shy of my plat now but I will vote since I know the difficulty of all the trophies are about a 2 max. Everything can be easily boosted with another play acquired alone, only celebrity takes a little time getting all 100 friends other than that no trophy takes any skill, just time..a lot of time.