Would you like to see a sequel?

Canadian_Wilson

Would you like to see a sequel?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a sequel?

• Yes
    • No

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think you could really make a sequel to this game. It is a great experience, but there isn't really much else to go on. There really isn't any story or conflict or anything like that. (I guess that's subjective...I guess...) And I think new levels don't really constitute a sequel.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I would like to see a sequel, but I don't think that it will happen. Thatgamecompany has just put out Journey to great reception and now have released the collector's edition which has Flower bundled in. I have to think that as such a fantastic indie game studio that they will continue to innovate and push gaming in a different direction.

But I would absolutely welcome a sequel in the future. I'm not sure how they would improve on the already excellent game though.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It's a great and very original game, a new idea for every level and lots of variety in the visuals and environments. Leave it to stand as a short but densely brilliant game on its own rather than repeating ideas for a sequel. I'd much rather see thatgamecompany come up with innovative new ideas rather than going back over old ground. The game hasn't aged a bit yet and that should be true for a while to come so it doesn't need 'expanding and improving' or so to speak.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

I would like a sequel only if it involved snowballs rolling around cities or forests, becoming larger and larger. The dark humor of flattening people and animals while absorbing them into the ever growing snow sphere would be darkly comedic. But then it wouldn't be a flower sequel, so I guess the answer is no. However, given what a dark turn the Pure trophy made this game take, perhaps tormenting and waylaying unsuspecting people who are just trying to go about their business would, in fact, be a spiritual successor to flower. Oh, thatgamecompany!

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

The spiritual successor to thatgamecompany's Flower would be Journey from 2012.  I do not think there would be good enough reason to make Flower 2.  Maybe a DLC would have been more appropriate but a direct sequel would have been unnecessary and redundant.  What else can they improve more on the game as it is?  This is just one of those one-shot novelty IPs. 

Unlike Journey which has a desert setting with striking similarities with Abzu - developed by Giant Squid, a game developer comprising of former thatgamecompany staff - albeit in an underwater setting.

Edited by Naps
... then there is The Pathless...