Flower - Road Map and Trophy Guide

Samhain

The following Road Map was written by olsen77. The rest of the guide was written by Samhain.

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 3.2/10
  • Offline trophies: 14 (11(B), 2(S), 1(G))
  • Online trophies:
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 6-10 hours
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
  • Number of missable trophies: None
  • Glitched trophies: None
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats

Flower is one of the most unique games on the PS3. If you’ve played flOw, you know exactly what to expect. This is one of the most relaxing and calming games you’ll play on your PS3. The idea is that you’re going through the dreams of flowers that are sitting in a window of an apartment in some big city. You start out with one flower petal, and as you bloom more flowers, you grow to a larger and larger chain of petals. You use only the left stick and the SIXAXIS motion sensor to control where your flowers go. You’ll need only one play through if you do everything right the first time and find all the secret flowers, but you can always go back to each of the six stages (even the credits) if you miss anything.

Part 1

The first thing you want to do is decide if you want to search around for all the secret flowers the first time through, or if you want to go back and collect them all later. If you don’t want to go back, then take a look at the “Dreams” trophy in Samhain’s trophy guide since it has all the locations of the 18 secret flowers. The secret flowers are marked by green petals falling into the flower pot for each stage. If you have all the secret flowers for a stage, then there will be three green petals in the pot.

When you start the first stage, sit there for a few minutes so the “Memories” trophy pops up. Finishing the stage and finding all three of the secret flowers will also get you “Discovery” and “Beginning…” After exiting the stage, you go back to the main room with the flowers on the shelf in the window. Sit there and don’t touch the controller for 10 minutes so you unlock “Healthy Play.” At this point, you can quit the game and adjust your PS3’s calendar to get “Welcome Back” or you can keep playing through. You can quit adjust the calendar at any time so the game thinks a week has passed since you’ve played, or you can avoid playing for a week so the trophy pops up normally. The choice is yours. Whether or not you adjust the calendar, once you get “Welcome Back,” all of the secret trophies are unlocked.

Stage 2, 3, and 4 are all about the same. Fly through areas on the wind and open up flowers. At the end of stage 2, you’ll be able to unlock “Palette” by painting the grass different colors. In stage 3, you can earn, “Wind” at the beginning of the stage by activating the windmills and “flOw” towards the end by passing through a certain cave. Again, see Samhain’s trophy guide for more details on these trophies. Stage 4 takes place at night. There are a few ponds scattered around the area and if you fly over one of them, you’ll unlock the “Illumination” trophy. You’ll have most of the trophies by now, but the game is about to take a bit of a turn.

In stage 5, the game stops being peaceful and calm and becomes much more frustrating. This is the only stage you can get damage in. You have to get through the area without taking any damage from the electrical towers in order to unlock the “Pure” trophy. This by far the most difficult trophy in this game and will probably take several attempts to do.

Fortunately, you can go back to this stage and try it as many times as you want.

Stage 6 has the most flowers and the most to do. It may also be the largest of all the stages. The trophy for this stage is to open up all the flowers and destroy all the black electrical towers. Doing so will unlock the “Urban” trophy. Since this stage has the most flowers, this is also a good stage to work on the “Nature” trophy for blooming 10,000 flowers. If you’ve also been keeping up finding the secret flowers, you’ll have the only gold trophy, “Dream” by the end of the stage.

After completing all the stages, there is still one thing left on the shelf, and that’s the picture frame. This is the credits and where you’ll get the “Stars” trophy. All you have to do is go around the level and open up every flower. Opening up a flower releases the name of someone who worked on the game into the air. Also, if you didn’t get the “Illumination” trophy, you can also get that in the credits stage since there is a dark pond.

Part 2

You should have most, if not all, of the trophies by now. If there are any trophies that you missed, go back and pick them up now. If you still need more flowers for “Nature,” then keep playing stage 6 over and over. “flOw” is the most likely trophy that you’ve missed, so go back and play stage 5 repeatedly until you get it. Follow the video in the trophy guide and tips that you may find in the forums.

Edited by number45_

This is the first guide that I've written but feel free to add or make changes.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/95/003.jpg Memories (B)

Reminisce for three minutes before returning to the room.

While playing any stage simply stop playing. The game will enter a screensaver mode and cycle through various images of the current stage until the trophy is awarded. The screensaver can also be brought up by pressing :select:.

NOTE: For the PS4 version of this trophy you have to press the :touchpad: (Touchpad), not :select:.

Vita Players

Reminisce for one minute in each dream.

On Vita the requirements for this trophy are different. You must enter screensaver mode for 1 minute in each dream, including the credits. Press :select: to bring up the screensaver then leave it for a minute as you play through each dream in the game. The trophy should pop during the credits after that minute is up.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/95/004.jpg Palette (B)

Use the grass as your canvas and paint the ground with three different colors.

Towards the end of the second stage, the red flower, there is an open field with a number of rock formations. Bloom the flowers around the outer ones which will cause them to open up and reveal a colored current of air. Flying into these currents temporarily changes the color of your petal collect allowing you to “paint” the grass when you touch it.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/95/005.jpg Wind (B)

Play with the windmills and ride the wind seven times.

In stage three, the pink flower on the far left in the main room, after activating the windmills simply move into the air and allow yourself to be caught in the wind and blown through them.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/95/006.jpg Illumination (B)

Light a darkened pool.

In stage four, the blue flower, there are two different small ponds which you will come across. After your petals have been lit up, simply fly across these close to the waters surface until the trophy registers. You can also find a pond in the credits level.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/95/007.jpg Pure (B)

Journey to the city unscathed.

Complete the fifth stage, the purple flower, without being zapped by the downed electrical poles.

RegorTtenneb has provided a link for the following video which should help those having difficulties obtaining this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQFfeNl-tLM]www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQFfeNl-tLM[/ame]

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/95/008.jpg Stars (B)

Release all of the names to the sky.

In the final “stage”, the picture on the table, every flower has the name of the staff for Flower and all you need to do it open them like in any other stage.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/95/009.jpg flOw (B)

Life could be simple...

In the third stage, the pink flower on the far left, after activating the windmills in the first field you will be caught by the wind and taken into a canyon. Stay to your left and you should see that it branches off. Follow this path into a series of caves, then stay to the right and the trophy should activate. This will also take you back into the field you started in.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/95/001.jpg Nature (S)

Bloom 10,000 flowers.

Just as it says; bloom 10,000 flowers. The trophy will be awarded after completing a stage. Stage six has the most flowers, so play that one again and again.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/95/002.jpg Urban (S)

Completely awaken the city.

In stage six, the small pink flower on the right, you need to not only open the flowers but there will also be areas that need to be flown over such as playgrounds. Just make sure that in any area you are in, the grass is completely green and there are no colorless areas.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/95/000.jpg Dream (G)

Beyond all flowers lies another room.

Find and collect all three secret flowers in each primary stage. These can be found in the following locations:

Level 1

1. Collect all the pink flowers in the first area to spawn first flowers.

2. Collect all the pink flowers in the second area to spawn next flowers.

3. Behind the rocks behind the dead tree.

Level 2

1. Follow the winding path of red/yellow flowers to spawn the flowers.

2. In the area with the different colored grasses, complete the area and before leaving, circle round to the beginning to see a new branched area, follow to flowers.

3. In the final area, follow the left side of the opening towards the valley top and you'll encounter the flowers just short of the top.

Level 3

1. In the first area of the level, the flowers to collect are indescribable as there are so many, so just go after every flower you can until you see the flowers.

2. In the canyon area with the flOw cave entrance, bear left in that area as approaching the cave and you'll see the flowers. (Thanks to Shemsen!)

3. Just after the canyon area, after being freed, turn to the left and it's on a cliff wall.

Level 4

1. Behind a haybale in the first area. follow the paths in the level to find it, it is far away from everything.

2. Approach the overturned wagon to make them appear.

3. Before completing the final "puzzle", illuminate the pond closest to it. From the spiral puzzle, face the over-turned wagon and the pond is just to the right. The flowers will appear after illuminating it. (Thanks to Landulf!)

Level 5

1. At the start, turn around and follow up the hill then follow the section that turns into a valley. The flowers are in the valley. (Thanks to madcrabs!)

2. In the area with the three towers, collect flowers from the non-key towers. This will cause some of them to fall over. (CAUTION: if they fall on you, you will take damage!) At the base of one of the fallen towers will be newly spawned flowers. (Thanks to Landulf!)

3. After the part with the three towers, enter the maze area and keep taking the right path and looking behind you as you do, the flowers are tucked away in a small space. (Thanks to madcrabs!)

Level 6

1. In the second area with the playground set, fly into one of the tallest buildings, with the hole in the roof and find them on the horizontal beam.

2. On the expressway area, follow the road to the under ramp to the underground area where the green flowers will be.

3. In the area with the buildings with giant twisted pieces of metal jutting out of them, just before the ending, behind one of the air conditioning units.

(Thanks to madcrabs, Landulf, Shemsen and FlyyMartyyMar for putting together the locations.)

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/95/010.jpg Welcome Back (B)(H)

Play the game after a week long break.

After playing for any length of time, you could wait a week or complete this much quicker. Just adjust the date setting by a week or more, start playing Flower again and the trophy will be awarded.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/95/011.jpg Healthy Play (B)(H)

Take a ten minute break between any dreams.

Accomplished by being in the main room after completing a stage and not playing.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/95/012.jpg Beginning (B)(H)

The dream has just started...

Find three secret flowers in any stage. In the main room you can tell how many you’ve found by the number of petals in each plant.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/95/013.jpg Discovery (B)(H)

Find and bloom a secret flower.

These are green flowers that are found in every stage. Some of them are hidden away while others are awakened by blooming flowers in the right order. You only need to find one to get the trophy.

Edited by number45_
Tidy Formatting

Could you write the color of the flower instead of stage number? I have to do the Palette, and can't for the life of me remember which flower that is...

Thanks for the guide btw :)

I think the order is

3 2 1 gap 4 5 6

Edited by scorched

Could you write the color of the flower instead of stage number? I have to do the Palette, and can't for the life of me remember which flower that is...

Thanks for the guide btw :)

LOL. Yeah, I can add that in. I had problems remembering myself.

Thanks for the guide btw :)[/QUO3TE]

I think the order is

3 2 1 gap 4 5 6

Added the color and stages as per your suggestion. I might see if I can find an image of just the room itself and add it as well.

Is it at all possible to start talking about where the secret flowers are in each stage because I'm trying to find them all and am having difficutly. Thanks for the tip on the caves though. Found the exit but couldnt work out how to get in them. lol.

I'll see what I can come up with, but will definitely need some help. Once you've activated them they don't show up as green the next time around. I did just find in stage 6 (the small pink flower) there is one hidden inside the skyscraper you can enter as well as one under the highway. One of the roads will lead you to it. If you miss it and happen to end up at the next portion if you fly up high enough, you can avoid the winds that sweep you back and head towards the start of the stage. This stage also has the most flowers (I think) and is a good place to add into the pool for the Nature Trophy (just got it a few minutes ago.)

A few things about Pure:

As you say, you get it by completing the fifth stage without getting electrocuted.

It's a lot easier than it seems at first, though, if you're smart about it. There's only a few dangeous places you have to go to complete the stage.

In the first area, there's only one place you have to go, and that's the big tower at the end of a pipe. Open all the flowers at the bottom of the tower and you'll be able to get to the next area.

In the second area, there are three similar towers, each at the end of a pipe. Open all flowers at the bottom of each three towers, and the coast is clear to continue forwards.

After doing that, you have a choice on which way to go. Go right and continue going right at every intersection. Avoid touching any of the structures and keep going right, and eventually you'll get to the area with falling objects. Go very slow and try to keep as high up as possible, and it's easy to get through. Then there's the area with the "spikes" coming out of the ground. Again, slow and high is the way to go. There's another area with falling debris ahead, and there you go: you've reached the end of the stage and gained a trophy.

I hope that helps if anyone is having problems with the Pure trophy.

Edited by Vintsukka

SWEET! I completely missed the cave in stage 3, couldn't figure out the Flow trophy. I'm guessing that the DREAM trophy has something to do with collecting all the secret flowers?

Thanks for the guide! If I figure out Dream I'll chime in!!

Switchfreak you should read till the end of the thread...and maybe you'll get the enlightment that there was somebody faster than you :p

some help with the secret flower locations.

1st level is pretty easy. Yellow Flower

From what I remember in the very first area, just get all the white flowers and the green flower will appear.

Next area - rock formation in center with four brown patches surrounding it. Same thing here - just hit all the white flowers scattered about and the green will spawn.

Last area - the giant tree. Go behind the tree, should be behind a rock.

3rd level (1st on left, pink pinwheel shape flower)

First area with the windmills, turn the brown areas green. Green flower should spawn near the large windmill in the center

As you're speeding down the canyon, take the cave trail as if you're going for the flOw trophy and hug the left path. You should run right into the green flower. If not, you can keep looping this path (the flOw cave drops you at the beginning of the level), so loop it until you get it.

Blue Flower (4th from left)

Get to the hay bales that you need to illuminate. There should be a hay roll nearby (there's two, it's the closer one). Go behind it for the flower

When you get to the section that's a giant spiral. Don't illuminate it right away. Nearby there's a crashed wheel barrow - light up the area and the green should spawn.

Immediately after illuminating the spiral area, you should finally be able to reach the second pond in the area - it's long and narrow..fly around, you should see it. Third green is on the banks of this pond.

Purple Flower (5th flower from left)

In the starting area, just explore the left side of the map (as you face the large tower you need to clear to exit the area). It should be down a path along this side...a crest between two hills.

In the second area (area with three towers). This was kind of wierd. There are two towers in the area with white flowers beneath them (as opposed to blue flowers). At some point, when you approach these towers, they will collapse. I'm not sure what triggers it. Might be getting all the red flowers in the area, might be getting all the white, maybe both (need a little help figuring this out). But when that second tower falls, the green flower will spawn.

In the third area with the collapsing structures. Just keep following the right most path and eventually there will be an alcove. It's easy to miss because it will be behind you when you approach, so keep glancing back on your way through for the flower.

6th level (city area, pink glowing flower, first on the right)

In the area with the playground equipment, there should be a building with an open doorway..go in, fly up for the green flower.

When you first reach the highway, to the left is a roofed over area. Go under it for the green. If the highway takes you away from it too quickly, you can get back, don't worry.

This is all I can remember with any sort of accuracy right now. In general, each level sort of has "sections" and usually there's one green per section. If it's not hidden, it typically can be spawned by either turning brown areas green or collecting all of a certain color flower in the area. They're really not that hard to find on your own.

Nice guide. I did the credits thing at the end but didn't get the names trophy...hopefully it's not glitched and I just missed a few. I have a question though. Could you tell me what I have to do to get the "dream" trophy?

and again...to get the dream trophy you have to collect every green (special) flower... there are three in each level, except the credit stage.

they are pretty easy to find...every level has three sectors and in each sector there is a secret flower...if you already have one, you don't have to collect it in another run.

PURE

I think i'm doing something wrong. I made it to the end of the stage twice now without getting electroshocked but still no trophy whats up with that? Any suggestions?

What i noticed though is at the end of the stage instead of getting sucked into the twister thing and the flower starts blooming, like in all the other stages, the screen fades to black, then a picture pops up and if you press start you are back in the room with all the different flowers.

Maybe i have to do something different. Please help.

Edited by BiggieBalls