System Comparisons

dmsdq

Which version do you prefer?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you prefer?

• PlayStation 3
    • PlayStation 4
    • PlayStation Vita

So those of us able to play the various versions of the game, what do you think of each?

Personally, I have noticed a real increase in six axis recognition going to the PlayStation 4. Something about this feels a lot smoother than before. I honestly don't notice enough of a visual difference, but man -- those controls!

As for Vita, I have it downloaded and on the backburner for the time. From various threads on here, it seems to be the worst iteration. Unfortunate, but understandable I suppose.

• 1 year later...

So after months of setting this one aside on PS4, I picked it back up to grab the back half of the trophies. I noticed an insanely easier time getting Pure than I had on PS3. I'm not sure if that's because I did it before, or the controls are that much better, but seeing that it has been years since I played Flower on PS3, I'm going to say that Pure's difficulty level has totally gone down!

I recently 100%ed all three versions. I also have the impression that it's actually easier with Dualshock4, it feels smoother. And don't forget the improved graphics. So for me: PS4 version.

Pure I first got on PS4. After that I got it on PS3 and Vita first try. So I can't say Pure is easier to get on any version.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

A difference I found between PS4 and PS3 is that Pure awards with no issues on PS4... but it didn't award for me on PS3. The controls are also not as sensitive on the PS3, making that trophy harder in the first place. I'm not sure how many times I'll have to do it before I get the trophy, but I appreciate that the PS4 didn't seem to have any glitches in that regards.

(Journey to the city unscathed twenty times... :()

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

No doubt that the PS4 with the Dual Shock 4 is the best pairing of them all.... I cannot remember a controller being as finicky as the PS3's Dual Shock 3. This would be quite understandable since the DS4 is new tech versus the old. Plus the DS3 would understandably be a little bit worn off by now.

As for the PSVita... bah... not touching that with this game.

EDIT: 28.10.2022

I know I said I would not touch the PSVIta but we only live once and it is the only stack missing in the set.  I hope I do not regret giving in to this version.  Comparing it to the proper console versions, this one is definitely at the bottom of the list.  The motion controls are not as responsive as the DS4 or even the DS3... plus the fact that the small screen has to be titled while using the six-axis controls the game.  It quite ups the challenge and makes things more difficult that they should be.  So yeah put this into consideration before comnitting to the PSVita stack. 

If we have to choose only one version then make that the PS4+DS4 tandem... and possibly the PS3+DS4 as a replacement for the DS3 if we no longer have access to an original PS3 controller.  But the PSVita?  If you are not really into stacks and had to chose just one of the three versions, pick anything but the PSVita.

Edited by Naps
I must be crazy for giving this a go...