"Free" Vita version has separate trophy list

Satnamji

As an owner of the original digital version for the PS3, I just downloaded my free version of Flower for the Vita and earned a trophy, having gotten 100% in the PS3 version a few years ago. So I can confirm: separate trophy list for Vita version of Flower, but trophies must be earned.

EDIT: Looks like at least one trophy is different. For Memories, the Vita list says to reminisce in each dream for one minute instead of doing it for three minutes in one dream

Edited by Satnamji

As an owner of the original digital version for the PS3, I just downloaded my free version of Flower for the Vita and earned a trophy, having gotten 100% in the PS3 version a few years ago. So I can confirm: separate trophy list for Vita version of Flower, but trophies must be earned.

EDIT: Looks like at least one trophy is different. For Memories, the Vita list says to reminisce in each dream for one minute instead of doing it for three minutes in one dream

Awesome! I'm gonna start this again tomorrow!

Memories is the only different trophy and it unlocks precisely like that (one minute doing nothing in each stage - including the credits one - instead of three minutes in a single one).

Only other difference I noticed was that Nature now unlocks immediately, no need to finish the level anymore.

Very easy and fast 100%, shouldn't take more than ~6 hours for those that have played the original and know how to deal with the Pure trophy (gave me some trouble on PS3, unlocked it 1st time on Vita).

Memories is the only different trophy and it unlocks precisely like that (one minute doing nothing in each stage - including the credits one - instead of three minutes in a single one).

Only other difference I noticed was that Nature now unlocks immediately, no need to finish the level anymore.

Very easy and fast 100%, shouldn't take more than ~6 hours for those that have played the original and know how to deal with the Pure trophy (gave me some trouble on PS3, unlocked it 1st time on Vita).

Congrats on the quick 100%!

It's been almost four years since I made Flower my very first 100% (and the reason I found PS3T in the first place), so it might take me a little longer. But I'm quite happy that this new Vita version (with new trophies) is giving me another reason to get back into this game.

I also earned a few trophies on the vita, but they dont show up on my psn profile. Anyone else have this issue?

Same here. They didn't show up last night on my PS3 XMB either. Sometimes when games are new, it takes a few days for them to appear on Sony's servers.

Free? Says $6.99 on my Vita and I'm a :psn+: subscriber. :confused: is it only free if I purchase the PS3 version I'm guessing? Nice that they have separate lists.

That's why I put "free" in quotation marks in the thread title. It's not a Plus freebie. Apparently it's only free if you own the digital version already, which is how it's supposed to work for the PS4 version as well. I don't know what happens if you have Flower as part of that disc collection (with Journey and Flow).

I would assume the cross-buy feature works the other way around as well, right? I have never played Flower (kicked myself for not buying it a few months back when it was dirt cheap for a week) and will be buying it today to play tomorrow on the Vita. If it is as great of an experience as I have heard, I may want to play it again on my PS3 if I get a free copy with a separate trophy list.

I only ask because a few games (Sly Cooper Thieves in Time and PSASBR come to mind) work differently if you buy the Vita version versus the PS3 disc or digital version and vice versa when it comes to cross-buying sometimes.

I am not buying a PS4 just yet, but I believe this offer also extends to that console as well, so enjoy the triple 100% all you who have all three consoles can get (without any silly autopoping :) )

I would assume the cross-buy feature works the other way around as well, right? I have never played Flower (kicked myself for not buying it a few months back when it was dirt cheap for a week) and will be buying it today to play tomorrow on the Vita. If it is as great of an experience as I have heard, I may want to play it again on my PS3 if I get a free copy with a separate trophy list.

I only ask because a few games (Sly Cooper Thieves in Time and PSASBR come to mind) work differently if you buy the Vita version versus the PS3 disc or digital version and vice versa when it comes to cross-buying sometimes.

I am not buying a PS4 just yet, but I believe this offer also extends to that console as well, so enjoy the triple 100% all you who have all three consoles can get (without any silly autopoping :) )

According to the official PS blog announcement (US) regarding Flower, Flow, Sound Shapes, and Escape Plan coming to the PS4/Vita:

Finally, these are all Cross-Buy games, meaning if you buy it once, you’ll be able to download it for free on any available system. Oh, and one more thing: if you have purchased these games previously on PlayStation Store, they will be available to you when they release on PS4 or PS Vita at no additional charge.

Source

I was only made aware of this post myself yesterday after starting this thread.

I'm really happy to revisit this game again after all these years. It's a great game, an enjoyable trophy list (except that Pure trophy, that one I may have yelled at....). It sucks for those who bought the disc version though, but there's really no way to determine who bought it and who didn't. They probably weren't planning this when they released it.

• 1 month later...