The pure trick!

Bazead

The o so frustrating trophy Pure, who brought us sweat under our arms, on our mustaches and under our feet is the trophy who many people think is really hard. Well it is not, here is how I did it, more than ten times for friends and family, it always works!

First part, with the blue flowers you have to get to disable the energy is the easy part, I guess you can finish that without being hit. It is not so hard (if you have trouble with it post it here ;P). When the part comes when the stuff is falling and spikes are going out of the wall it becomes frustrating. Here a little (LITTLE) guide how to not be frustrated!:

1. Right before the part where everything falls are a few flowers on the ground, one of them is a set of pink flowers; pick these up!

2. Now steer to the upperleft corner and stay there! Press X en let your controller move the flowers to the very left side, if it goes down a bit try to move up a little

TIP: Dont force it; if you do this, the flowers aren't really "flowing" to the top, so keep calm and dont force it.

3. Stay there, upperleft corner until the end, when you are at the very end of the canyon, just wait a while for the trophy to popup, dont go to the whirly thing, just stay for a minute for the trophy to popup.

4. If it still does not work, just follow the above steps again, but try it a little less forcing! Maybe dont try to go up at all and just try to stay left, this will also work.

If you still have any problems, just post a message with your problem or watch this video;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE5G2Y5m_zk]YouTube - Flower Pure Trophy[/ame]

Thanks Himtman-195 for finding the video.

Edited by Bazead

I gotta tell you guys that I did this several times and did not get the Pure trophy. I absolutely was using the method of staying up in the left corner as I figured this out quickly on my own. I kept going back to the main screen untouched by power lines or anything falling and it still would not pop. When it finally did work it came after I sat at the main screen for awhile. I think maybe ending quickly at the swirly color area and restarting quickly was the reason so SIT AND WAIT at the final screens for a bit until the trophy comes.

TO me the key was to pick up at least one pink flower in the maze area, just before the one where power lines start collapsing on you. Otherwise I would not get the trophy even completing the level with no damage.

1. Right before the part where everything falls are a few flowers on the ground, one of them is a set of pink flowers; pick these up!

• 1 month later...
In a level that must be done Pure my controller is crazy... He do a stupid wave but i do nothing with him. When put it on a floor and press x a "Flower" make a wave something like that _/-_/-_. Any one have the same problem?!

I am haing the same problem. I try to steer up, and then after a few seconds the flower takes a nose dive. Is my Sixaxis screwed up?

I am haing the same problem. I try to steer up, and then after a few seconds the flower takes a nose dive. Is my Sixaxis screwed up?

I get the same thing! This trophy ought to be utterly trivial, but my controller goes completely bat-shit when I get to this section. It near enough stops responding completely. When that happens, the wind forces me into the pylons and no amount of tilting the controller will allow me to steer around them.

Okay, this really is annyoing...I make it just fine till the last 3 things drop off, because my controller than just won't let me stay left, I'll get forced to the middle of the way and can't do shit against it.

Hell, what am I doing wrong here?! It's really frustrating as this is the only trophy keeping me from 100%, except stars which is missing because I wasn't in the mood to do the credits. q:

The completion criteria for this trophy reads; "Reach the city unscathed". I've done that 3 times today and nothing has happened. I waited after completing the canyon. I waited on the intermission screens. I waited on the main menu. No trophy was unlocked.

I can get through the ravine every time now anyhow. Whenever the controller stops responding, jolt it quickly into a neutral position and then tilt it back in the direction you want to steer.

On the runs when I cleared the canyon without taking damage, I was (at some points) jolting the controller like this every 2 or 3 seconds. I looked like I was having a seizure, but it worked. :)

I'll try collecting those flowers in the ravine. Maybe that will help. Has anyone gotten the trophy whilst skipping the first two sets of purple flowers at the start of the level? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I've skipped them so far :|

EDIT: I have the trophy now. It seems that I was staying too high on the left-hand side. This apparently prevents the game from noticing that I've gone all of the way through the canyon. If you stay on the left, but at an altitude ever so slightly lower than those last three falling beams, the trophy should pop up.

Edited by TurboSquirrel

In a level that must be done Pure my controller is crazy... He do a stupid wave but i do nothing with him. When put it on a floor and press x a "Flower" make a wave something like that _/-_/-_. Any one have the same problem?!

OMG same here, i almost threw my controller out of the window when it happend for like the 5th time.

Damn pure trophy :(

Edit: tried it with my 2nd controller but same the still bs....

Edit2: also tried to have a bigger tail so it is more stable, but still the same f'in joke.

Edited by prik

OMG same here, i almost threw my controller out of the window when it happend for like the 5th time.

Damn pure trophy :(

Edit: tried it with my 2nd controller but same the still bs....

Edit2: also tried to have a bigger tail so it is more stable, but still the same f'in joke.

Finally did it! It goes down when you're trying to get too high...

100% at last!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...