cannibalism trophy

joe250

since I posted in the other thread but no responded and new thread cause a better and faster response. I need help with the cannibalism trophy. I did the thing with the yellow creature going into the first stage but using two controllers but how do you kill the advanced creatures an is it possible to go through all stages except the last stage with an advanced creature with controller 2 and then you activate controller 1 and eat the creature without eating food and then go to the final stage with the egg

is it possible to go through all stages except the last stage with an advanced creature with controller 2 and then you activate controller 1 and eat the creature without eating food and then go to the final stage with the egg

Good question, I'll try it tomorrow morning. But I think the issue is, if you have an advanced creature and you turn on controller 2, the creature will be advanced aswell, but I'm not sure. I'll try it tomorrow for sure.

also how do you eat ppl with the yellow guy also try to do what I said then before you enter the egg stage you turn of controller 2

It doesn't work because you need to eat the main parts of the big creatures. You don't have to eat the spider-looking ones with the eye in the middle. I did it the legit way and it was easy.

• 2 months later...
It doesn't work because you need to eat the main parts of the big creatures. You don't have to eat the spider-looking ones with the eye in the middle. I did it the legit way and it was easy.

hey man how to you paralzye with the orange guy

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The two controller trick makes this 100x easier. For those who don't know:

Step 1: With Controller one, select the paralyzer fish.

Step 2: With Controller two, select the starter fish. - This forces the game to use the starter fish level which has minimal advanced creatures and minimal food.

Step 3: Once you have everything selected, turn off controller two. The starter fish will still float around for awhile, but he's harmless.

Step 4: Now play normally, avoiding all food and eating advanced creatures only. Be patient and careful and you'll be fine.

Pro Tip #1: ALWAYS paralyze after finishing off a creature + when transitioning levels.

Pro Tip #2: PAUSE so you can get a high level view of the current level...this lets you find the exit and any remaining fish with zero risk of eating food.

Pro Tip #3: Be patient and slow.

Step 5: Enjoy the ding!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the tips rhyss!

Unfortunately I cant seem to get it to work though.

I do use the "pause" to go back up a level, scan the lower area and very cautiously re-enter that area taking down ONE advanced creature at a time. Hit pause and rescan......rinse and repeat.

I know ive done this correctly but its not unlocking.

I do have the bundle.

Is it a glitch and I need to uninstall and reinstall just game not DLC and do it again? Unpatched because Im telling you I didnt eat any food.

3 days into it and no trophy

also, im using the two controller method, i see its a little better but i certainly dont see 100X easier.

Not criticising you just dont see this huge easy method. I am using 2nd remote, starter and it is on starter mission

Think Im glitched

Wouldnt be the first game *looking at you POP2008 and scott pilgrim and bulletstorm and few others*

Advice plz

Edit: What I thought was the first creature was in fact the 5th and no wonder it was so damn hard-make sure you choose the 1st creature (far laft) as the 2nd controller..........piece of cake/1st try. Ty for the tips

Edited by mhughes1212
figured it out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am also having trouble with this trophy.

I'm following the guide and this video I found on YouTube.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvWCLIXnnco]YouTube[/ame].

Seems like the creature can only have 1 blue dot on it's back, otherwise it means you already ate something other than what you should and need to start over, right?

Also it seems like the creatures in the last part do not matter as he still had some of those advanced creatures around and the trophy popped anyway.

EDIT: Got the trophy. Any creature on the last part of the level is irrelevant, do not touch anything until you get the trophy which should come shortly after you enter the last part of the level.

Edited by rikt

I started playing today, and thankfully got 100% already, the Cannibalism trophy was a tricky one, but using the 2 player method to play the first campaign with a later creature was great. The only thing I didn't do was use the "Paralyzing" creature, instead I used the "Shielded" creature from the DLC, and I was able to do it on my first try. His ability to block anything then expel things away, and it's fast recharge time made it a breeze. As a note for those still trying the "Picture, and the "Rage" food won't affect this trophy, and the last area where the egg lies doesn't count for the trophy, if you didn't get it after entering this last area then you missed it.

• 1 month later...

I was about to make a slightly angry post about how this trophy can suck my **** because it's the only one keeping me from 100% even using the 2-player method. But I think I might try your idea of using the creature from the DLC and see if that makes a difference.

Oh, and this trophy can still suck my ****.

• 2 months later...

This trophy is a lot easier than ppl make it out to be. do it like this:

pick the fourth creature, the one with the stun (as if you enter the stun stance food and enemies scatter away from you, making it easier.

then change the controller to controller port 2, and press select, now with this creature pick the first one, the ocean should be blue now and should keep its blue color as you change back to the first one and dive in.

you can now play the safe stun creature on the easiest campaign, and the advanced creatures you need to eat, more often than not, clear out most if not all food on a lower lvl if you just wait a bit b4 going down.

so eat all the creatures on your lvl, then wait till food clear out below and jump down and eat next set of advanced creatures.

doing this till you get to the egg lvl. at this point my trophy popped, but if on a off chance you need to eat egg, do this:

close in to the ring of food around the egg and as you enter it, stun up, you can eat the egg during the stun but don't eat the food, so its safe. just make sure that you start it close and got enough time on it so it doesn't end while on your way to the egg.

hardest trophy in the game, that almost none have, easy peasy!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I think my game is borked! I kind of installed the DLC late into the game thinking I could do the DLC download trick... only to realise it works only on the PS3. Anyway, I have done this like for the 7th time and I swear I have not taken any of the foods. I made sure of that and you can check by looking at the creatures segments. If you recall the Fashionista trophy then you will know that eating creature food will add a segment that will not grow wings... So I am definitely 100% sure when I say all my segments have wings. You can check it actually when going on stun mode.

I am now thinking of deleting the game and game data and starting all over again. However it did take me almost 12 hours getting this trophy alone on the PS3.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: Finally got it without having to resort to deleting the game/game data. I am not sure if that would have made any difference but what I did was I just switched to a different creature with the idea to calibrate/burn test the game, then went back to Yellow Hook and finally got the trophy despite playing half-arsed and was not even as careful as before then ding, finally a bonafide cannibal...

I have got the PSVita version but I do not think I would be crazy enough to do this shit again!

Edited by Naps
... fixed double video posting...

• 4 years later...

I had totally forgotten that I have a video for this trophy.  Despite saying that I will not touch the PSVita version, here I am torturing myself again with this trophy... for the last time.  It does not help that the gyroscope on the handheld is way much more sensitive than the Dual Shock controllers on the PS3 and PS4, the screen is also so small compared to actually viewing it on a large TV and that we have to play the darn game slanted and on a tilted screen.

Edited by Naps
... to the gods of gaming, give me strength!