Fashion!!

chucknorris078

As far as I know, a segment would be a segment of your body that's fully grown, having 10 of these fully grown segments (which is easily achievable when going for Giant) gave me Fashion. My guess if you didn't get it at the same time was that you got Giant, but that the segments on your creature's body weren't fully grown.

That's my guess on it, but nobody really knows the exact way to get it yet.

Frollard, thank you you are a life saver. Finally an explantion that makes sense, you need to post this on the guide that's on here so they can fix it. I knew it wasn't luck based.

That doesn't seem to work maybe its 2 foods 1 heart, 2 foods one heart.

Edited by chucknorris078

"The Wife" here.

I didn't get it specifically food, heart, food, heart, per se. I would grab a bit of food, attack some guys to get the hearts, eat them, then randomly eat anywhere from one to three foods before eating another heart. Honestly, I didn't really put too much thought into what I was doing, but I got it first try within the first two levels of depth.

He took some pictures of my little guy, but I guess didn't put them online yet. Each segment is slightly different; for example, the first had a pair of small wings, the second had a pair of large wings, third had more small wings, fourth had no wings at all, etc., etc. (for reference, I used the red guy that attacks when you hold a button, because it's relatively easy to see the respective segments).

I wish I knew exactly what edibles did what functions. Perhaps I'll experiment a bit after I've finished acquiring this Zen trophy and come up with something a little more conclusive.

Dear frollard & wifey,

Thanks for all the info and the PM! This was added to the guide.

PS: I believe how many foods grows a column will vary depending on thir quality. By quality, I mean that some food only has a single strand (resembling a Q) and some have several strands. I presume several-strand foods have more calories, and thus will ad a vertebrae sooner.

I still can't get this damn trophy, and i did it as random as possible. Hopefully my game isn't glitched.

Same here, this is the last trophy I need and I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I've randomly gone through levels eating everything with every creature. I've also gone through levels very methodically eating one type of food then another type, in every conceivable combination. Anyone figure this thing out further?

I posted this in the trophy guide thread but it seemed to get ignored for some reason... anyway this IS the way to get it!

The Fashion trophy is actually a lot easier to get than it seems like. You just have to be lucky or know what your doing.

Like mentioned in the guide with the red guy his wings are his alternate segments. The wings grow from eating the red orb thingy that the creatures you kill drop, but you can't just grow ten wings and expect the trophy. You have to make it different from the bodypart in front of you.

Let's say this is you creature:

>-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

you can actually already have the trophy if you do it right. The wings can grow 3 times so from now on 1 is the first time the grow, 2 is the second and 3 the third time they grow. o is for a bodypart without wings. To get the trophy your creature could look like this now:

>-3-1-o-2-o-1-o-2-3-1

Thats how I got it but I am pretty sure you can get it as easily as your creature being like this:

>-1-o-1-o-1-o-1-o-1-o

How to do you grow the wings like that you might ask, and that is actually pretty easy as well. For every piece of food you eat your body will fill up until it reach your tail and makes a new bodypart. f will now mark a full body part:

>-f-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

so when you eat that red orb now it will turn to this

>-1f-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

if you now eat 2 small pieces of food it will look like this

>-1f-f-f-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

and guess what happens when you eat the red orb now?

>-1f-f-1f-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

if you eat another red orb without and food

>-1f-f-2f-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

I posted this in the trophy guide thread but it seemed to get ignored for some reason... anyway this IS the way to get it!

Thank you Triple-X. I read over your explanation carefully and it worked the first try. Now that I know how it works I'm astonished that I as well as other people aren't getting this randomly. I personally tried numerous times with many various methods but I guess I must have always had at least one repeating pattern.

• 3 months later...

Posting this here, but it is in the guide too.

I found the guide confusing too. Mainly because you don't start off with a ten segment creature o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o, you start off with o-o-o. I managed to get this trophy last night. I will try to explain my method. You don't have to do it this way, but I found it easier to see the pattern. Sorry if I get wordy and please excuse the quick MS Paint images.

First you need to know a few things;

THIS IS IMPORTANT! READ THIS!

How food works: There is one basic type of food. It looks like a little tadpole. Some have one tail, some have two, some have three, and some have four. Small pieces do not fill up your segments as quickly as large pieces. To fill 1 segment I believe you need to eat 4 single pieces of food or TWO double pieces, or ONE quadruple piece. The trick is to eat food SLOWLY and only ONE piece at a time. Each time you eat a piece of food WAIT and WATCH your creature. You will see the segments start to "pulse" through the body of your creature. If you fill all the segments of your creature, and then eat one more piece of food you will grow a new segment and all your filled segments will go empty again. Basically, you start over, but with one new body segment.

BTW, enemies can steal food from your filled segments. They can also make your segments "fade". This is not a problem. Just eat food SLOWLY until you get everything back.

I will call this guy the tri-red thing;

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/4362757620_124d20d471_o.jpg

Here we go!!!

• Choose the red phoenix creature.
  • Eat 2 of the tri-red things:
  • Your creature should now have a large set of wings on the first segment.

• Now you need to eat food. You can eat any type you want. Eat food until you fill up your creature to the third segment. Your creature should look identical to this;

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2776/4362785914_c36cbba6e9_o.png

• Now eat 2 tri-red things. Your creature should look like this;

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2801/4362102229_2524db8da8_o.png

• Start eating food again SLOWLY. Make sure you WAIT for your creature to stop "pulsing". You want to keep eating food until you grow two brand new segments. Your creature should now look like this;

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4362116725_07fb999e2f_o.png

• Okay, so now you should have a 5 segment creature with two sets of wings and all the segments of your creatures body should be empty.
  • Now you need to start eating food again. Again, eat food SLOWLY. You want to fill up all your segments and stop when the 5th segment is full. Like this;

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4008/4362132187_b7bba577e6_o.png

• Now eat two tri-red things. Your creature should look like this;

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4061/4362880102_8d9df4de53_o.png

By now you should have an understanding of the pattern. In the last image (above) I have a total of 5 segments. The pattern for this image goes;

wings-no wings-wings-no wings-wings

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4016/4362154999_63353c7a5a_o.png

Now all you have to do is keep this up for another 5 segments. Once you get to 10 you'll hear your PS3 HDD accessing and the FASHION trophy will pop.

Here are some BAD examples of creatures;

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/4362185459_221cb4bb71_o.png

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/4362928014_328711298e_o.png

The description in the guide explains the exact same thing, but it's difficult visualizing it without a step-by-step and images to help you.

BTW, you don't have to eat two of the tri-red things, but the wings you grow when you only eat one are very hard to see. I preferred eating two, but it is not necessary. Maybe you'll be able to see what I could not.

Hopefully this helps people out.

Edited by FiftyQuid

LOL this trophy i believe is one of the hardest.

i was aiming to get GIANT the one with 25 segments or longer I didnt really care so i just kept eating stuff and this puppy popped up the Fashion and Giant trophy at the same time lol now the last 2 i have are vegetarian and cannibalism also peace i hate this one i always mees up at the end :/

I've got my head round the concept of this but there's one thing I'm unsure of;

To get the 'tri-red' foods that make you grow wings, you first have to kill an advanced creature. So when you eat part of an advanced creature does that count as a 'tri-red' or regular food, and if its a regular food, how much does it fill you up?

I'm sure I'm overthinking this and making it tough on myself, but it's driving me insane!

I was trying this for absolutely ages but kept doing it wrong. Went for the Giant trophyinstead and got Fashion halfway through! I'm sure I had hardly any alternating segments, let alone 10, so I wonder if this trophy is glitched. In a good way :) Thanks for the tips though!

Only Cannibalism left now. :(

Edited by PoorPaddy89

• 1 month later...

Thanks FQ for the helpful tips. To add to it, if you eat too much food and grow another section, you can just keep eating until it gets to the segment you want to add wings to again. I ended up with a creature that was well over 10 segments long but I kept a close eye on it to make sure I grew the wings on the correct segment.

• 2 months later...