Vita Cannibalism Help?

Bloop1000

I've seriously tried this 30+ times with no exaggeration and it just will not work. I've been using the fourth creature (Green one with the cloak/stun effect), and just can't get the trophy to pop. If anyone has any advice or any ideas on how to make it easier please let me know. Lack of multiplayer on the Vita makes this damn hard.

No worries guys, I finally got it. I guess I was just thrown off by having gotten it on my second try on my PS3. Oh well, not to worry, as the PS4 allows for multiple players. Sucks that the Vita doesn't have multiplayer support - not that I see how it could. Anywho, onto the PS4 now. Still need to bloom 10'000 flowers in Flower as well. Oh well, at least that's relaxing :p.

• 7 months later...

There's not really much you can do except keep trying it using the 4th (green/stun) creature. Unlike the PS3/PS4 you can't use a second controller to get an easier level, so on the Vita you basically have to just keep at it. It's a pain because the 4th creature's level has a lot of food and there seem to be more levels with more larger creatures where you run the risk of accidentally eating food.

I don't have it yet on Vita although I do have it on PS3/PS4. It's a very tough trophy to get...

• Thanks 1

Hello and thank you for the advice.

I managed to earn the Cannabilsm trophy yesterday by using the first creature. It took a little while, but I thought it the best option considering the level involved is the one used to earn the trophy for the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game.

• 7 years later...

For anyone still looking to earn this trophy on Vita: first creature is the way to go. There is way less food and way less aggressive creatures than on the fourth level. When you encounter aggressive creatures turning red try to stay away from their beaks and if you get hurt and go back up a level just be patient, go back down and try to eat another part of the creature. Don't get greedy.

• 10 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 3:08 PM, Baron Bonk said:

For anyone still looking to earn this trophy on Vita: first creature is the way to go. There is way less food and way less aggressive creatures than on the fourth level.

On 8/12/2014 at 5:47 PM, John1986 said:

I managed to earn the Cannibalism trophy yesterday by using the first creature. It took a little while

Damn I am indeed struggling to get this on the PSVita. It is utter horseshit or whore shit or whatever the hell this trophy on the Vita's Gyro is all about.  I am going to use Creature 1 instead of Creature 4 which is suggested on the PS3 and PS4 guides. 

There are indeed far more (enemy) creatures to kill in Chapter 4

Second to the last level - a swarm of plankton-spawning mini creatures that attracts food which attaches to its body.

Last level - just before the bottom egg level with one Giant Creature 5 that hides the food under its huge body and wings. The CG5 also stops eating to clear up any of the loose food. I do not remember anything like this happening on the console versions. 

Always... and I mean ALWAYS - the creature (we play) suddenly becomes unresponsive especially after staying on the same level for too long.  The wayward creature also goes after nearby foods and eats them, even when the Vita is put down. Almost as if the game intentionally sets us up to fail just when the trophy is about to be done.

The only problem when using Creature 1 is the absence of the stun ability that only Creature 4 has, although the ability can bug out sometimes and the stun is prematurely released despite still holding on to the triggers (or any other button).  I remember being able to spam stun at will without delay on a Dual Shock. The Vita even seems to also have a cooldown period before we can use stun again which was never the case on the console versions.  So bloody annoying...

The dorks at SuperVillain Studios did not port this game well, which makes me wonder if flOw played exactly the same on the PSP

Just like how Flower should NOT have had the Pure trophy on the handheld, flOw also should NOT have had this Cannibalism bullshit of a trophy on the Vita - I do not mind grinding for a huge number of (advanced creature) kills (without the need to avoid other food stuff) that stacks through multiple playthroughs, but this trophy in its current form is absolute nonsense.  Hopefully I can update this post as soon as I finally get the trophy done.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: 24.03.2023

As usual (and I am sure others in here can relate), after complaining with an obligatory rant we eventually get this blasted trophy.  I just played it carefully using Creature 4 taking longer than the usual time it normally should take, especially when navigating around loose food while taking out GC5.  Probably spent almost two hours in this level alone.

So finally the struggle towards Mount Calvary is done.  Now time to move and enjoy games that are much more pleasant to play!

Edited by Naps
... never again...
  • Sad 1