How Much Easier is this Game on the Vita (& PS4)?

SoaringEagle23

I never got to this game when it first came out, and I'm not interested on playing it on my PS3 either. But since more indie games can be played on the Vita, I thought I could try it out. I know that they are differences between the PS3 trophy list and the new ones; for instance, there's no "Friendship" trophy for the new list. But I'd like to hear others' experiences from playing the game on the Vita / PS4 and what they have to say. Thanks again.

I only played the first level till now. I also played Flower on both PS3 and Vita. As in both instances you use motion controls, it is pretty much the same experience, though on PS3 your tv stands still, while on Vita you keep moving your screen, quite annoying at the start and I needed a little getting used to.

Only with the possibility of local multiplayer gone on Vita, I'm wondering how difficult the cannibalism trophy is gonna be this time... Anyone has an idea about that?

I preferred the controls on the PS3 too: on the Vita, it can be difficult to pick an orientation for the console so you've got a good view of the screen when tilting in all directions.

Visually it looks as good as the PS3 version, but that isn't too surprising for a game like this.

They've drastically reduced the time requirements for the Zen trophy (down to just 5 minutes of inactivity, from 30 minutes on PS3), and replaced the multiplayer "Friendship" trophy with one for unlocking the second creature.

They've drastically reduced the time requirements for the Zen trophy (down to just 5 minutes of inactivity, from 30 minutes on PS3),

It would impossible to get this trophy with a 30 minute requirement on the Vita, as the maximum it can be set to in power save settings before going standby is 10 minutes :)

It would impossible to get this trophy with a 30 minute requirement on the Vita, as the maximum it can be set to in power save settings before going standby is 10 minutes :)

Well, the game doesn't use the touch screen, so you could periodically touch the screen to keep it awake that long.

And that reminds me of another gripe: the Vita doesn't treat tilting as "activity" for the purposes of power saving, so the screen would occasionally dim while I was playing this and I'd have to press a button or touch the screen to return to normal brightness.

• 9 years later...

For me it is easiest to play on the PS4 using the DS4 controller compared to the PS3 using the DS3 controller - might be more difficult if the DS3 is old and tattered with loose controls especially if we play it now.  My comparison between the two is having good controllers since I played the game when the consoles first came out, so relatively new.  However playing Flower on the PS3 was during the PS4 era so I really struggled with the Pure trophy for having played it with an overused Dual Shock 3.  Perhaps it might be better using a Dual Shock 4 on the PS3 if the game allows it as some games do not respond with the PS3-DS4 tandem.

The PSVIta is another story.  I do not share the same experience with those that say the Gyro on the handheld is much more responsive, I find it difficult.  On the Dual Shocks I can easily make the creature turn a 180 to avoid making mistakes. On the Vita it is almost impossible for me to do that, only able to do slow 90s. I probably need to recalibrate or reset the motion controls for this game.  I also play the Vita in bed so yeah just like what Cyanide had said, it is much harder to play the game lying down. 

Edited by Naps
... Flow on the Vita is Flawed...