Flow (on the Collector's Edition) Help

Alias11

Hello,

So I've rented the collector's edition through gameaccess and I want to be able to play the DLC, which I have purchased. It's got the whole "older version" issue happening (for which I've found the workaround online).

HOWEVER, that workaround doesn't seem to work for the version of Flow that's on the collector's edition.

So, anybody else encountered this or have any idea how to make it work?? I can't believe that it would be designed in such a way that it's impossible to play the DLC (which of course would mean that I can't get the last trophy :mad:).

Yep, I completed deleted the game (even the save file although it shouldn't have been necessary). Re-installed the game, did not enter it. Then go to install the expansion I still get the "you already have the newest version, it is not necessary to install this version" message.

I'm thinking that the version on the disc is considered "newer" than the expansion, whereas the old version you get off PSN is not (as long as you don't patch it). It's quite frustrating!

Thanks Terminator, that's actually what I did first, when I installed the expansion I seem to recall that it told me that the full game is required but I only tried that once so going to give it another go now.

UPDATE: I can confirm that this didn't work either, the install off the disc seems to completely over ride the install of the DLC. I've posted on thatgamecompany's forum and they indicated that they will "contact sony staff" about it, that .... sounds like it'll take a while.

Edited by Alias11

Yeah I mean it depends on how OCD you are about 100%, it's only one bronze trophy in the dlc, but it bothers me enough that I'm probably just going to end up paying to download Flow from PSN.

That's so ridiculous. You figure that for such an old game they would release all the damn content in the collector's edition. Dumb

• 4 weeks later...

does the reinstall glitch work w/ the collectors edition? Because i got flow for free from SONY before and if i deleted it i would need to install the one off the disc which requires the disc to play afters wards. I need someone to confirm if the reinstall works w/ the collectors before attempting because im stuck with 54% and flow seems so hard. ;_;

and does it come w/ the expansion? o-o

EDIT: yay 95% too bad they didnt include the DLC on the journey collectors.

Edited by blah604

• 8 months later...
does the reinstall glitch work w/ the collectors edition? Because i got flow for free from SONY before and if i deleted it i would need to install the one off the disc which requires the disc to play afters wards. I need someone to confirm if the reinstall works w/ the collectors before attempting because im stuck with 54% and flow seems so hard. ;_;

and does it come w/ the expansion? o-o

EDIT: yay 95% too bad they didnt include the DLC on the journey collectors.

So Journey collector's edition doesn't have the flow DLC and if I download it from the ps store it won't work? Guess I won't get that trophy...

• 1 month later...

Posted this in the trophy info as well: I was hearing conflicting reports on whether the expansion pack could work with the Journey Collector's Edition disc or not, so I figured for $2.09 I'd just give it a shot.

For me, it worked fine. I deleted all flOw data (including save data, though I doubt that was necessary) then reinstalled the game off the disc and then the expansion pack (without first starting the game). The expansion pack installed with no complaint. I haven't done any tinkering to see if those steps were really necessary.

It did freeze my PS3 a few times (the screenshots always freeze the screen for a second or two, but a few times, it didn't unfreeze), but I was able to get the trophy.

There are plenty of people online saying it doesn't work, so I dunno what the deal is, just reporting that it did work for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I can confirm that you can install the DLC with the Journey Collector's Edition disc. You just have to install the game, NOT start it, THEN download the expansion, THEN run the game.

Likewise you can also do a glitch install (obvs). If you want to glitch some trophies (in a good way) do a glitch-install. Then delete everything (the game and your save file) and then do a proper install, don't run, RE-download DLC and install that and then run the game and you're good as gold.

I'm not sure if this is a tell tale sign that it works but I THINK the expansion brings rumble to the table? Maybe it was always there and I just never noticed it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...