Worth a cheap purchase?

starcrunch061

Is this a worthwhile game on the cheap? I love the DW series, if that helps your opinions.

It's really hard to say because FotNS and DW are actually quite different. In DW you'd be hacking and slashing all day long, but the action in FotNS is a lot slower than DW. You have to invest a fair amount of time into the game before the combat mechanics really open up and shine, there are tons of upgrades and each character has their own distinctive fighting style, whereas the huge cast in DW can get a bit samey after a while. I still find this game to be a bit tedious and repetitive though, I'm a huge fan of FotNS and that's the only reason why I poured my time into the game and platinum'd it. If it's really cheap and money's not a problem, buy it, try it for yourself, if you like the game mechanics, you can easily get 60+ hours out of this game. Hell, I don't even like the game that much and I still played it for 54 hours for the platinum.

EDIT: Nevermind, I had a closer look at your trophycard after I posted my reply, and saw that you had already gone and bought the game LOL. Let us know what you think of it though.

Edited by whassupbun

Well I paid $60 for it and I'm not disappointed at all. I'm really enjoying it. The fact I like the anime/manga and also love Dynasty Warriors and Sengoku Basara certainly helped the odds. I hope you enjoy it though, it's definitely deeper than it first seems, and very much an enjoyable title.

I liked it OK. I actually rented it over a week, and got the platinum. I enjoyed the legends mode a lot more than the dream mode (the action just doesn't work well in a fast-paced DW style, but it's great for a Final Fight style game). I liked that each of the characters played so differently. And I can't deny that the ridiculous deaths never got old (watching those guys pray as their heads blew up and exploded was just hilarious). I even liked the trophies. No ridiculous grinds (the only trophy I had to grind for even a little was Hokuto Ujoken, or whatever Toki does).

There's room for improvement, but it was a fun little game. Oh yeah - I loved the english dialogue: "I will fight, even if there is a 99% chance of failure." LMAO.

• 4 months later...

I honestly really liked it. I think the setting difference was a breath of fresh air and it stayed close to the manga. I managed to get it for £15 and i'm definitely glad I picked it up. I also had tremendous fun reviewing it as it gave me an excuse to play bits of it again! Definitely worth a rental at the very least.

I just picked this up on the cheap through Best Buy and their buy 2 get 1 free. The promo ended today.

I can't wait to get home and set some time for this game.

I've never watched any from the series, but have some fond memories of the franchise on the SNES. It was a neat fighter in those days. I played this along with World Heroes.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Game was alright, certainly felt like it could have been fleshed out more to cover the entire anime instead of just key moments; it just felt like I was rushing through the series when I believe the entire first season was about shin yet shin was only in the first chapter. I liked the action of dream mode a lot more then legend mode, especially all the what-if scenarioes it brought. Taken me about three months to (P) this game, sometimes it's just so boring and other times it's pretty fun; guess it just depends who you're playing.

Just picked up a copy for $10 from Amazon. Love DW games (when is DW7 going to drop!?) and I figure this can't be too bad even tho I know jack about FotNS.

Yup, same here. I just place my order & in total it was $10.88. I know its a somewhat easy (P), but it would take a while since the majority of the trophies are time consuming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Man, love this game. That was until I started playing Jagi's Dream mode, god I hate that slow ass character. To make it worse, he was completely under powered because he wasn't leveled up like the other characters from their Legend modes. That and there were like 4 or 5 stages to his Dream mode that made it even longer. Hopefully the other unlocked characters will be more fun.

• 4 weeks later...

game is fine because i liked the manga alot aswell as watched the anime

plus read fist of the blue sky lol ^^

anyhow

i expected alot more brutality

you know the way the kills should look

i expected them not to be big blood thingies that pop atleast ^^ lol

further i dislike its slow game ways

of jumping, attacking, walking/running

that makes it alot longer game then it actually is :p

the figures are done quite well tho :)

paid 50€ for it should have waited untill it reached 10-20€