Possible way to cut down hours

Eye Beams

The following statement is from a trophy hunter's perspective; it is intended towards those who want to get the plat out of the way and not for those "I-bought-it-because-I'm-a-fan-of-the-manga/anime" players:

When one begins Dream Mode (DM) with any character other than Ken, they will feel gimp after Scenario 2 or 3. People will tell you to replay previous scenarios, enhance, and try again later. Well... since you already have a powered-up Ken (assuming you begin DM after completing his Legend/DM Mode), you can take advantage of that and use him as 2P [while 1P is the char of the DM that you're getting the trophy for], and blaze through everything without any problems.

The main moves you should abuse are :square::square::triangle::triangle:, :square::square::square::triangle::triangle: (I personally use this A LOT), and his full :square: combo (+Aura for bosses). Heavenly Destruction is a must :dance:. For extrinsic skills, Divinity and Potency are must-haves. At this point, you should already have all his "Learn Moves" learnt and maybe +4 "Zeal" (you'll max it while rushing chars).

Taunt (:l1:+:l3:) = One of the best things in FoTNS. Period.

Although 2P kills do not count towards the 5,000 Hokuto/Nanto/Ujoken kills, this strategy may compensate for the time likely spent leveling other chars.

I'm currently clocked at 28:50:00 and all I need left is Raoh's DM and the last stage for Thouzer.

Current Hokuto kills: 4.7k - Nanto: 2.7k - Ujoken: 4.6k

I've pretty much been using Ken for these (also purposely trying to make these ding within minutes of each other :p).

Kinda late for me to check out SwordSpiTTer's 3.5k kills in 30 minutes method, heh. I'll try it for my remaining Nanto kills... if not, then I'll go back to my "Jagi DM Stage 1, 800 kills in under 15 minutes".

The biggest flaw is not fully experiencing this awesome game by neglecting the other chars and not experimenting with their signatures/hyper moves.

P.S. I had to retype this whole thing... I don't remember what I left out X_X;;

Yup, (P) 31 hours.

Edited by Eye Beams

• 1 month later...

Farm the bases without capturing it. That's pretty much it ^^; For Jagi's first stage, the last 3 bases on the left side of the map are the best. If you position yourself behind a wall/obstruction (base on other side) while standing at a distance, the "flag" enemies won't budge and you can keep killing the enemies that pour out. This works on other stages as well. The faster you kill, the better.

I think I exaggerated a bit on the 800/15min; couldn't get it consistently. :pout:

Here are some other ideas/suggestions:

GameSpot Forums - Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage - easiest dream stage grind?

GameSpot Forums - Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage - Easy Experience

Edited by Eye Beams

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly I was pretty close to finishing everything just by playing the game..

I never really felt "gimp" most of the time..Only on Thouzer did I feel like I couldn't kill anyone even if I tried. Nearly every other character (specially Hoktou style fighters) has some overwhelmingly powerful blast that can kill anyone.

I had evertyhing complete at around 40 hours (my clock said over 100, but I paused the game alot and left it running for long periods of time) and I only had to play 3 dream missions as Toki to get the platinum...

I also always felt gimp as Kenshiro a lot of the time..so I would recommend if you use this strategy using a different character...Toki, Roah, and Shin were all extremely powerful and easy for me..

• 7 months later...

It's been a while... lemme see if I can dig it up.

*performs Advanced Search*

I believe it was this one:

You can also try Thouzers last dream stage. I used Raoh with Ujoken effect boost and I quickly recieved the trophy for 5k Ujoken kills. Ended the stage with a 3.5k kill count in about 30 minutes.

No wait, duh it's on the second page: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/fist-north-star/79240-what-best-scenario-farm-kills.html

Edited by Eye Beams