FOTNS:KR 2 announced!!

Fist of the North Star: Kens Rage 2 announced by a trailer at E3 2012.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCUhjMji6UY&feature=relmfu]FIST OF THE NORTH STAR: KEN'S RAGE 2 - E3 2012 TEASER - YouTube[/ame]

I liked the first one (I knew nothing about it as i've never watched the anime so I got it simply because I like koei games and had some spare cash) and I played it alot so i'll be keeping an eye on this to see how it turns out. Hopefully they'll add more characters.

This is seriously the best E3 news for me!! YAY

I got Fist of the North Star only because I was curious about it and I fell in love with the game. It might not look beautiful (backgrounds are a bit bland), or play perfectly, but it is such a FUN game to play, and the interface is so user friendly and well polished (menus etc).

I love beating up the thugs/defending the citizens, the characters are cool (Ken, Rei and Mamiya are my favs), the game is just so much fun, I can hardly wait to see what they'll improve upon with the sequel!!

I'm disappointed in a friend of mine now. He takes off from work just to sit home and watch E3, knows I loved Fist of the North Star, and never told me this was shown.

I bought the game after having watched Classic Game Room and Two Best Friends Play and love it to the point that it made me go out and buy the entire TV series, which is ten times more awesome (Shin Hokuto no Ken, which the game seems more based on, appears to be a condensed version of the original series leaving out A LOT of detail).

Hopefully this second game will be more based off the original series and include things like Shin's various armies, the rest of the Nanto Chariot Guardians, characters like Ryuuga and Shuu playable (way more important than the game lets on), and some different enemy designs. Even the nameless thugs and armies all looked unique under their helmets, rather than the four different skins the game shows.

This is definitely something I cannot wait for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Totally didn't expect it.

But game is looking good. Hopefully it'll be a little less repetitive.

Some details (taken from here Shin Hokuto Musou (FoTNS Ken's Rage 2) Info Thread):

• Emperor & Shura arcs are added
  • The Raoh arc from first game is also getting more volume, with confirmed visual of Colonel & Devil Rebirth
  • The reason why they use Shin (Real) instead of 2 (for JP title) is because they're also including parts that were omitted from the first game
  • Overall story could be ending at vs. Kaioh fight
  • Story contents and appearing character roster are expected to be high
  • Systems are being changed to better represent the original setting, including gameplay & growth
  • Legend mode could have stages that are shown from specific character POVs (similar to DW7)
  • Illusion/Dream mode is confirmed back
  • There will be more online features, such as having online co-op in Illusion/Dream mode *NEW*
  • Story will have some events that use game models in manga-like cutscenes (similar to One Piece)
  • The game will be more Warriors-like; movements are to be more smooth & ranged
  • There will be more character moveset types such as Hokuto Ryuken and Flying Projectile user
  • Character clothes are still confirmed to be tearable including female clothes
  • There will also be downloadable contents (DLC) to be published here
  • There will be only Japanese voices for English version
    (Most likely this will mean digital version only for US, while EU may still get disc release)

Co-op alone should make this so much more fun than the 1st one. And story mode might be actually worth it? Sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

At the Tokyo Game Show there was 2 chapters to choose from, although you could only play one in each turn of queuing up.

The gfx and gameplay is faster than before and there are a lot more enemies on screen. And some for odd reason the gfx seem a lot more colourful even though it is still set in the desert.

The music tunes were the same as before from Hokuto Musou 1, it's definitely just a rehash/remix of the original for many of the parts, the cut scenes though were like One Piece. When Ken opens the bars to escape jail for example you had to invert the analogue sticks in a QTE to open them. No more just sitting and watching.

The new characters are from Hokuto No Ken 2. Although Heart and that biker dude didn't seem to be available.

Sadly the multiple button press QTE to kill the bosses were gone this time :(

• 3 weeks later...
At the Tokyo Game Show there was 2 chapters to choose from, although you could only play one in each turn of queuing up.

The gfx and gameplay is faster than before and there are a lot more enemies on screen. And some for odd reason the gfx seem a lot more colourful even though it is still set in the desert.

The music tunes were the same as before from Hokuto Musou 1, it's definitely just a rehash/remix of the original for many of the parts, the cut scenes though were like One Piece. When Ken opens the bars to escape jail for example you had to invert the analogue sticks in a QTE to open them. No more just sitting and watching.

The new characters are from Hokuto No Ken 2. Although Heart and that biker dude didn't seem to be available.

Sadly the multiple button press QTE to kill the bosses were gone this time :(

Nice! At times it felt too slow so glad to know it's faster now.