Glitch?

Cauchy

I have satisfied what I believe to be the requirements for the "They are going THROUGH!" trophy on three separate occasions and multiple times on each occasion. However, as the thread title suggest, the trophy has not yet unlocked.

So, is this known to be glitchy? I unlocked the other three trophies in this map pack without any issues. Thoughts?

I have deleted save data to no avail and am in the process of deleting all the game data and re-installing the DLC. I hope that fixes it, but if not, I'm lost. :(

I just bought the dlc this week and have had the same problem. I have acquired the gersh device on 3 different games of zombies and each game i have sucked way more 5 into the device several times yet the trophy will not pop. :mad: any info or insight would be much appreciated.

Edit: i have now accomplished the requirements for this trophy several times online when a friend hosted as well as offline by my lonesome and still no tropy. i dont see any other explanation other than that this trophy has become glitched

Edited by LMessi10

Yep, I just did it solo too.

I'm going to try on another account and see if that changes anything, although I have my suspicions that it won't. :mad:

EDIT: This is after having deleted all game and save data and reinstalling the DLC. Man this blows. FRACK!!!

Edited by Cauchy

I got this trophy on my first try, but this was before Patch 1.12 came out, so I think it has something to do with the patch. Just delete the game data, download and install the First Strike map pack (or all of tem if you want) while being OFF of Black Ops. Then when it's installed, go to Black Ops, say no to the patch, and go and get your trophy.

Let me know if this works.

I got this trophy on my first try, but this was before Patch 1.12 came out, so I think it has something to do with the patch. Just delete the game data, download and install the First Strike map pack (or all of tem if you want) while being OFF of Black Ops. Then when it's installed, go to Black Ops, say no to the patch, and go and get your trophy.

Let me know if this works.

I'll let you know in a few minutes, going to turn on my PS3 and reinstall everything then say no to the patch. Should be able to tell you in 30 minutes or so.

edit: Ok maybe 30 minutes is an overstatement lol, I also need to get the gersh device lmao anyway I'll hurry as fast as I can so I can confirm if it works or not!

edit2: Reinstalled everything now and didn't accept the patch but now I can't access the map 5, dead ops arcade or Ascension...

edit3: You have to install the patch it seems, so I'll do that again and try my luck getting the Gersh device even though I've got my doubts. I only tried getting it in co-op last night so I'll try my luck in solo to see if that will change anything.

edit4: Trophy did not unlock. :( I don't know if there is a way around this on the PS3 but untill then I guess it's up to Treyarch to fix their shit!

edit5: I tried earlier again, this time my friend was the host on a new account he created to see if that would work and got the Gersh device but he didn't get the trophy either and I threw a few Gersh devices again just for the heck of it but to no avail.

Edited by TrophyQuest

after trying once every few days i have decided to give up for now in hopes that they will fix it by the time the new dlc pack hits ps3, all i can say is that i will be furious if this broken trophy keeps me from obtaining my 100%, afterall i will have spent over 120 dollars combined for this 100 percent on my trophy list. 60 for black ops and 15 a piece for each map pack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I can also confirm that this glitch is gone. I just got the trophy not too long ago on my first attempt since I created this thread.

I can confirm (for me) it IS still glitched....... finally got a gersch device out the box, threw it when their was atleast 15+ zombies around, sucked the lot of them in and no damn trophy popped. i did this 6 times in the same match and nothing. this is on a new account i made recently.....on my old account i did it just after escalation came out first try and pop. i hope treyarch sort this but i wouldn't bet my life on it.....

got it 2 days ago in a normal match. first one i threw got at least 10 but nothing, so i lured 5 away from the randoms down to stamina-up, sucked them in and it popped not long after so it must have been glitched in solo for me

Edited by parr86lid

• 2 months later...

OK, I was over at a friend's trying to unlock this trophy and the damn thing glitched again. :mad: God this shite is shite. So, just a heads up. This trophy is (still) finicky. :(

EDIT: OK, I just unlocked this trophy (again) and the only thing I did differently was play online. So, I am going to go ahead and conjecture that this trophy now requires you to be online. I can't recall if I was online when I got it earlier last year, so I don't know if this is a new phenomenon or not. I will say that I met the requirements in solo mode at least 5 times, killing 10+ zombies each time and the trophy failed to pop.

Edited by Cauchy

This trophy glitched on me the first two times I met the requirements. I always played solo. First time was while being online and second was offline. Third time was the right one. I was playing while online and got disconnected from PSN during session. I kept playing and eventually got the trophy. So yeah I don't know what was different this time but this trophy IS still glitched.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Don't mean to revive an old thread but I've recently bought all the map packs to 100% this trophy list and I'm having issues with the They Are Coming Through trophy as well.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this glitch? Playing while signed into the PSN? Playing online co-op? Just keep throwing and hope it fixes itself? Anything? I really need help and I'm going to be very upset if this ONE trophy keeps me from 100%

• 1 month later...

Just chatted with someone about the issue, and here's what he had to say after we established that I met the requirements of the trophy:

"If you are sure that you have completed everything necessary and the achievement or trophy is still not unlocking, you will need to retry the achievement or trophy. Unfortunately, there is currently no way for us to manually unlock achievements or trophies."

Just chatted with someone about the issue, and here's what he had to say after we established that I met the requirements of the trophy:

"If you are sure that you have completed everything necessary and the achievement or trophy is still not unlocking, you will need to retry the achievement or trophy. Unfortunately, there is currently no way for us to manually unlock achievements or trophies."

Sounds a bit like the custommer service from World of Warcraft , "Sorry Sir, but its working as intended" :D But nice of u to at least try and get an answer for this problem;)

I was also affected by this glitch:(

As people stated before, i deleted all my data, reinstalled firststrike and played solo with the patch. It popped on my first try:)

Maybe deleting ALL my data was a bit overkill but it worked, only have to download all dlcs again....

Awesome, glad you got it. At least there's a way to get the trophy, even if it is a pain....

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanna add my 2 cents. After trying for 3 hours to get this trophy yesterday, I finally came here. Allow me to explain what I have tried.

Solo - All Data Downloaded - Signed out - No Trophy

Split Screen - All Data Downloaded - Signed out - No Trophy

I'll be trying different methods with various online and offline, private modes, randoms, split screen online etc over the next few days and see what happens. Obviously there are a lot of variables to cover.. But as soon as the trophy pops I'll update this thread with the solution (If there is one)

Edit: OK finally got the trophy. I tried on a public multiplayer session.. with 3 random guys, and got it first time..

Edited by GTAMichael