Online connection - required to start the game

Anyone else frustrated by this?

I only have one internet connection between PS3 and PC and it's frustrating having to connect my PS3 to the internet just to start loading the game to then immediately put my PC cable back in. :mad:

Anyway around this?

in this day and age why are you not using a router to split your internet connection to the PC and the PS3 at the same time?

I agree that having an internet connection to be able to play this is wack in the first place but things change all the time and I imagine more PSN games might be going this route in the near future because of all the blatant game sharing

but back to my original point it being 2k10 and all I dont really know anyone who doesnt have some type of an internet connection in their home, be it the cheapest one possible at $20 or whatever so is it really that big of an issue? if you can afford a ps3 and games you can afford a $20 internet con

in this day and age why are you not using a router to split your internet connection to the PC and the PS3 at the same time?

I agree that having an internet connection to be able to play this is wack in the first place but things change all the time and I imagine more PSN games might be going this route in the near future because of all the blatant game sharing

but back to my original point it being 2k10 and all I dont really know anyone who doesnt have some type of an internet connection in their home, be it the cheapest one possible at $20 or whatever so is it really that big of an issue? if you can afford a ps3 and games you can afford a $20 internet con

Yeah, every single thing you said is true. However, if you can afford a PS3, a $20 internet connection and even in touch with the fact it is now 2010, why would you drop $10 on a game from the 80's :eek: (which is over twenty years ago. Thats right, over tweny years old.)

Capcom and Sega only know how to re-re-re-re-hash games from 20+ yrs ago, which is why they will never see another penny of mine. Not even when they release something revolutionary like Super Street Fighter 4 Alpha Turbo with special limited edition bonus alternate costumes for the first three and a half people that buy it. Not even then! Seriously, I am going to muster up all my innermost strength and somehow pass that sweet offer up. I would share my choice terms for those two horrific companies, but let's keep the board civil. ;)

Only reason to drop money on this is for nostalgia sake or trophy whoring, this was probably one of the games I played the most when I was a kiddo on the Super NES, and I still have my cartridge too! but my SNES is fried.

It was a nice little throwback imo, altho it is super short and having ran thru it a few times I probably wont touch it again for a long while. Hope they release Final Fight 2 and don't bundle it with anything this time, I really didn't need Magic Sword.

Yeah, used to play this game with my nieces and nephews way back in the day on SNES. Whenever they were in town, they bugged their parents all day that they want to come over and play the "Guy" game. The SNES cartridge and console are still sitting in my parents basement (whole family of pack rats, but I changed).

A friend essentially gifted me this game, but I haven't been bored enough to run it. (yet?)

Look, I'm anti-DRM as much as anyone around here, but the fact of the matter is that Sony has gone above and beyond the call of duty to make it as easy as possible to get your console online and keep it there. There's a reason PSN games can't play by the same rules as disc-based, and if people weren't such rampant turds this might not be an issue in the first place. But it is, and you'll just have to factor the presence of online-activation DRM into your purchase decision-making. This has nothing to do with Final Fight, the quality of the game, or the fact that old games are being re-released -- I will buy nearly all of them and be grateful for the NES throwback presence on a modern console -- it has to do with the business practices of these companies trying to keep from being ripped off. The more people steal PSN games, the less quality titles will be made. You got 2 options:

1. Buy PSN games and deal with it (I do).

2. Don't buy PSN games. Buy disc-based games exclusively instead.

This isn't complicated.

Edited by RageousX