Co-op trophy glitch

Hi guys,

I want to point out is the fact that the trophies in Final Fight some times are glitched and wouldn't unlock for example: Me and my friend beat the whole game from begining to an end (I was Guy and He was Cody) so after beating the last Boss he received the trophy for beting the game in Co-op and the trophy for beating with Cody.While I did not receive anything!?!?!? It just didnt pop,so there were no trophy and no greenish unlock message in the bottom of the page.

So we decided to start another game I picked Guy again and he picked Haggart.So we beat it,and after the last boss I got the coop trophy and guys trophy and he got nothing.... I think it is really weird.is it just us our have anybody esle seen this?

Another thing that should be mentioned we were playing through internet and in booth instances i sent him private invite.

So what do you guys think about it?

This trophy IS glitched. I've hardly ever been pissed off at a silly video game, but this is stupid. :mad:

I've played one, full game online (I hosted) and THREE - count 'em, THREE - FULL games with two controllers. One time I effed up and Player 2 died and on the continue screen I picked Haggar instead of Guy but nothing like that happened on the other three playthroughs. I've read where you have to play one full game with two controllers and then go back and complete the first level again for the trophy. That's HORSE S**T. That doesn't work at all. When you start a second game, you have to pick "NEW GAME." So I guess you guys and gals that got this co-op trophy that way are just LUCKY. I like how on each subsequent stage, as well, the game "taunts" you with that "Trophy: Complete The Game In Co-Op." What a bunch of BULL S**T.

Oh well, I'll settle for 65% of the trophies completed, and that's that. Either that, or I'll have to delete my game save - since you can't copy it and try again with a fresh save file (which is another thing that sucks about games today). It's sad too, because, between the two games, I only have about 6 more of the Vault achievements to unlock for that gold trophy. This is terrible: I used to LOVE Final Fight when I was a kid. But now, with this GLITCHED trophy, AND after having to play two games USING MY FEET, I absolutely can't stand it.

Edited by Old_Snoova

This has happened to me too.

I am in the odd situation of only having the coin gobbler trophy.

I played the game on coop with a friend from the beginning, but I didn't get an online coop trophy or the one for completing it with haggar.

It makes no sense. The trophy situation makes it look like I have got the coin gobbler trophy without actually completing the game! :(

How is that even possible? I hope there is a patch soon! Also is it the same with anyone else, but I cannot play the game online. It always wants me to be connected to the Internet?!

Weird, I got this Sunday morning...

I turned the Online Join-In off (has anyone tried that?), then started a new game with two controllers. Player 1 was Guy, Player 2 was Hagar.

Hagar ended up dieing and continuing like 30 times or something as he never really moved, Guy only continued around 15 times.

Anyway, at the end of the game I got the Guy and Hagar trophies, the Co-Op trophy, the less then 18 Continues Trophy.

However, none of the "Beat Level ___ with Hagar" Vault stuff unlocked.

I hope they release a patch soon!

Oh, so if you play the game offline coop and just keep player 2 moving only then you can unlock 2 character trophies? Got it. :applause:

That's how I did it, turned off the Join-In and had both controllers select a player on the player select screen.

Hagar wasn't even moving half the time, I just moved him forward when I needed to advance the screen.

Ok guys. I have finally figured it out! :)

NONE of are games are glitched. Unless you create the game, the person who joins needs to complete AN ENTIRE LEVEL on coop mode.

Therefore if you join a friend who starts on level 2

I just completed the first level with haggar, and the trophy popped up. This is because I joined the 1st level as haggar on a multiplayer game and that was the only level I had yet to complete FROM THE BEGINNING of the level.

Next I played the game as Cody and Haggar, just left haggar and moved him along as P2, then after the level I got the trophy for coop mode since I joined a game midway and that meant I ONLY had levels 2 to 6 on coop. So anyone who hasn't got this trophy yet you just need to complete the first 1 level on offline coop or create a game on online coop and wait for someone to join!

Since I now have Cody unlocked on the 1st level, the next time I play as Cody on online coop the trophy should pop up straight away after I complete BECAUSE I already have the first level completed offline. :)

I hope this helps everyone else!

Ok guys. I have finally figured it out! :)

NONE of are games are glitched. Unless you create the game, the person who joins needs to complete AN ENTIRE LEVEL on coop mode.

Therefore if you join a friend who starts on level 2

I just completed the first level with haggar, and the trophy popped up. This is because I joined the 1st level as haggar on a multiplayer game and that was the only level I had yet to complete FROM THE BEGINNING of the level.

Next I played the game as Cody and Haggar, just left haggar and moved him along as P2, then after the level I got the trophy for coop mode since I joined a game midway and that meant I ONLY had levels 2 to 6 on coop. So anyone who hasn't got this trophy yet you just need to complete the first 1 level on offline coop or create a game on online coop and wait for someone to join!

Since I now have Cody unlocked on the 1st level, the next time I play as Cody on online coop the trophy should pop up straight away after I complete BECAUSE I already have the first level completed offline. :)

I hope this helps everyone else!

I doubt if that is the absolute solution. I've played EIGHT full local co-op games on two controllers and THREE online co-op games (two of them I hosted and one I joined in on the before Player 1 spins kicks the first set of 9 barrels on the first stage). The people saying, "oh, you just play a second game and the trophy is GUARANTEED to unlock after the first level" -- that may have worked for you, but its not guaranteed.

Here's the deal that no one has explained: whether you play an online co-op game or a local co-op game, when you see the little "1P Start" during the end credits and push it, the game goes to the character select screen and, when the first level starts, you press Player 2's Start button, the game says that you are trying to play an ONLINE game ... so you can't just "continue" - you HAVE to start a "NEW" game. There is NO way for Player 2 to appear any quicker than I've made them appear in the first stage and there's is NO way that the "just complete the first level again as Player 2" works. It doesn't work.

Don't get me wrong: I'm MORE than happy for you that you were able to get this frustrating trophy. But, for some of us, it just doesn't work. It's glitched.

Edited by Old_Snoova

Here's the deal that no one has explained: whether you play an online co-op game or a local co-op game, when you see the little "1P Start" during the end credits and push it, the game goes to the character select screen and, when the first level starts, you press Player 2's Start button, the game says that you are trying to play an ONLINE game ... so you can't just "continue" - you HAVE to start a "NEW" game. There is NO way for Player 2 to appear any quicker than I've made them appear in the first stage and there's is NO way that the "just complete the first level again as Player 2" works. It doesn't work.

I may have mis-read what you've posted but have you tried this?

When starting a new co-op game, select custom game rather than new game. You can then select local play and the difficulty. After the game is created and the view changes to the actual arcade machine you can press start on control pad 2 to join at the character select screen rather than the start of level 1.

I've done this myself on my PS3 and around a mates house on his game and PS3. Both times the trophy has unlocked. On one of the levels I was actually dead at the end, which stopped me from getting the character specific completion trophy but the co-op trophy still unlocked.

Like I say, I could be stating the obvious or if you may have already tried it.

Damn... beat me to it, funkyweed! But a HUGE thank you, nonetheless!! I finally got this damn thing.

Okay, I read another post on here by funkyweed where he said that he and his bud were able to select two players on the character select screen. I fired up controller 2 and tried on the character select screen, but it didn't work. THEN, I restarted the game, and started mashing controller 2's buttons from the word go. FINALLY, at the character select screen, there were TWO cursors to select the fighters. When the first level started (with both players) the gleeful "Trophy: Complete the game in Co-op mode" achievement popped-up - I had only previously seen this at the start of stage 2. When the first level's boss died, the co-op trophy unlocked. Thank-Friggin'-God.

So this is how I got it. Most. Ignorant. Bronze. Trophy. EVER. (well, next to inFamous' Rockhound trophy. LOL)

Did co-op with a friend. I joined in a few seconds after he started. Played the whole game and did not get Cody or Final Fighters. I did a custom local co op with my second controller and got both missing trophies after clearing the first stage.

I made sure both characters were selected before the actual game started .. that might be important.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just got it a few hours ago. this is exactly what i did. i started a custom game, and inmediately invited a friend. even o, he joined after i beat the first enemies. when we finished the game, no trophy pop up, but that's what i expected. then, i started another custom game, but local game and turned on my second controller and pressed start, so on the character select screen, but player can choose. then finished first level, and the trophy pop up. then my friend did the same thing (started another game, turned his 2nd controller....) and he got it too. hope this helps anyone

• 1 month later...

The problem with this trophy is that when playing online you very rarely do all of the 1st level in CO-OP.

You will always have started the first level before another player joins meaning that Level 1 hasn't been completed in Co-op.

Like the previous posted said use another pad or perhaps try the re-assign pad trick (if you only have 1 pad) and complete the 1st level in off line co op.

• 1 year later...
Damn... beat me to it, funkyweed! But a HUGE thank you, nonetheless!! I finally got this damn thing.

Okay, I read another post on here by funkyweed where he said that he and his bud were able to select two players on the character select screen. I fired up controller 2 and tried on the character select screen, but it didn't work. THEN, I restarted the game, and started mashing controller 2's buttons from the word go. FINALLY, at the character select screen, there were TWO cursors to select the fighters. When the first level started (with both players) the gleeful "Trophy: Complete the game in Co-op mode" achievement popped-up - I had only previously seen this at the start of stage 2. When the first level's boss died, the co-op trophy unlocked. Thank-Friggin'-God.

So this is how I got it. Most. Ignorant. Bronze. Trophy. EVER. (well, next to inFamous' Rockhound trophy. LOL)

Ignorant how?

If you had chosen a custom game, which was available to you from the start, you would have been done a long time ago.

Naturally this is what I did since choosing a new game doesn't allow a second player to join before the game actually starts.

At the end of stage 6 I thus recieved 4 trophies for Cody, Haggar, less than 18 continues and lastly co-op.

If people actually took some time checking the options out before chasing those little trophies so hard, sometimes too hard as we can see, much time and energy could be saved.

Better luck next time!