XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Digital Only PS3 Games > F (PSN) > Final Fight: Double Impact

Old 04-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Awesome Mystery Award   Word of Mouth - Gold   Member of the Month Winner   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   10,000 Posts   Bright Idea!   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSnoova
Here's the deal that no one has explained: whether you play an online co-op game or a local co-op game, when you see the little "1P Start" during the end credits and push it, the game goes to the character select screen and, when the first level starts, you press Player 2's Start button, the game says that you are trying to play an ONLINE game ... so you can't just "continue" - you HAVE to start a "NEW" game. There is NO way for Player 2 to appear any quicker than I've made them appear in the first stage and there's is NO way that the "just complete the first level again as Player 2" works. It doesn't work.
I may have mis-read what you've posted but have you tried this?

When starting a new co-op game, select custom game rather than new game. You can then select local play and the difficulty. After the game is created and the view changes to the actual arcade machine you can press start on control pad 2 to join at the character select screen rather than the start of level 1.

I've done this myself on my PS3 and around a mates house on his game and PS3. Both times the trophy has unlocked. On one of the levels I was actually dead at the end, which stopped me from getting the character specific completion trophy but the co-op trophy still unlocked.

Like I say, I could be stating the obvious or if you may have already tried it.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Damn... beat me to it, funkyweed! But a HUGE thank you, nonetheless!! I finally got this damn thing.

Okay, I read another post on here by funkyweed where he said that he and his bud were able to select two players on the character select screen. I fired up controller 2 and tried on the character select screen, but it didn't work. THEN, I restarted the game, and started mashing controller 2's buttons from the word go. FINALLY, at the character select screen, there were TWO cursors to select the fighters. When the first level started (with both players) the gleeful "Trophy: Complete the game in Co-op mode" achievement popped-up - I had only previously seen this at the start of stage 2. When the first level's boss died, the co-op trophy unlocked. Thank-Friggin'-God.

So this is how I got it. Most. Ignorant. Bronze. Trophy. EVER. (well, next to inFamous' Rockhound trophy. LOL)
Old_Snoova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yes, you MUST choose custom game and make sure both players are present on the character select screen. I am sorry I forgot to mention that

But pleased you finally got your trophy man! Well done!

ENAYSOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Awesome Mystery Award   Word of Mouth - Gold   Member of the Month Winner   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   10,000 Posts   Bright Idea!   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSnoova View Post
Damn... beat me to it, funkyweed! But a HUGE thank you, nonetheless!! I finally got this damn thing.
No problemo, glad that all helped clear it up
Old 04-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

Did co-op with a friend. I joined in a few seconds after he started. Played the whole game and did not get Cody or Final Fighters. I did a custom local co op with my second controller and got both missing trophies after clearing the first stage.

I made sure both characters were selected before the actual game started .. that might be important.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

I also didnt receive this trophy playing a complete online coop game. lame

Layd Dly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #17 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

just got it a few hours ago. this is exactly what i did. i started a custom game, and inmediately invited a friend. even o, he joined after i beat the first enemies. when we finished the game, no trophy pop up, but that's what i expected. then, i started another custom game, but local game and turned on my second controller and pressed start, so on the character select screen, but player can choose. then finished first level, and the trophy pop up. then my friend did the same thing (started another game, turned his 2nd controller....) and he got it too. hope this helps anyone

Thanks for the awesome signature Setsuna!
kyorml007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #18 (permalink)

The problem with this trophy is that when playing online you very rarely do all of the 1st level in CO-OP.

You will always have started the first level before another player joins meaning that Level 1 hasn't been completed in Co-op.

Like the previous posted said use another pad or perhaps try the re-assign pad trick (if you only have 1 pad) and complete the 1st level in off line co op.
pocoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSnoova View Post

Okay, I read another post on here by funkyweed where he said that he and his bud were able to select two players on the character select screen. I fired up controller 2 and tried on the character select screen, but it didn't work. THEN, I restarted the game, and started mashing controller 2's buttons from the word go. FINALLY, at the character select screen, there were TWO cursors to select the fighters. When the first level started (with both players) the gleeful "Trophy: Complete the game in Co-op mode" achievement popped-up - I had only previously seen this at the start of stage 2. When the first level's boss died, the co-op trophy unlocked. Thank-Friggin'-God.

So this is how I got it. Most. Ignorant. Bronze. Trophy. EVER. (well, next to inFamous' Rockhound trophy. LOL)
Ignorant how?

If you had chosen a custom game, which was available to you from the start, you would have been done a long time ago.

Naturally this is what I did since choosing a new game doesn't allow a second player to join before the game actually starts.

At the end of stage 6 I thus recieved 4 trophies for Cody, Haggar, less than 18 continues and lastly co-op.

If people actually took some time checking the options out before chasing those little trophies so hard, sometimes too hard as we can see, much time and energy could be saved.

Better luck next time!
Mellenthin is offline   Reply With Quote