Beta testers and a 360 release being comsidered!!

i hate the 360 just as much as any other ps3 fanboy but i welcome a release for the 360. the more ppl that play the game the longer it will last. And besides i think it would be funny to compare the game from ps3 to 360. I'm sure this is one game that could show how much more superior the ps3 is to the 360.

i hate the 360 just as much as any other ps3 fanboy but i welcome a release for the 360. the more ppl that play the game the longer it will last. And besides i think it would be funny to compare the game from ps3 to 360. I'm sure this is one game that could show how much more superior the ps3 is to the 360.

There's a flip-side to that. FFXI on the 360 was far superior than the PS2 version for obvious reasons. You were able to experience the game in HD on the 360. The picture quality and graphics were extremely similar to the PC version.

The Ps2 version was grainy, dark and hard to see anything beyond 10 feet from you in the game. Even if someone played the Ps2 version on the Ps3 there were zero advantages in doing so graphically.

I'd be hard-pressed to think that the graphics in XIV wouldn't be similiar on the 360 and Ps3.

i wasn't really talking about graphically. Just overall processing power, etc. And of course xi looks way better on 360 than ps2 thats to be expected. Either way ill prolly play xiv on pc mostly since i just build a gaming rig. i'm still gonna get it on ps3 also but the pc version will prolly get played more

edit: but like i said earlier i welcome a 360 release. the more playing the better the game. And to think that it wont be released on the 360 is just being naive. Why wouldn't they release it on the 360? I'm sure it'll be over a year after the pc/ps3. Obviously this is my own speculation tho.

Edited by Curt-man

360 relly the game only cum out on pc & ps3 well its cum out on 360 but long after ps3 & pc btw its pc now & ps3 sume when later i no coz i ented 4 it 2 day ther a bit wher it say will u be partisabiting on pc or ps3 so ps3 will have a beta sume when :whistle:

what?

and they said xiv has been announced at sonys e3 conference first, how come pc gets the first beta?:confused:

ah, well, least to say i cant wait for it :]

also, whys 360 getting the best of ps3's stuff? :[ first ff13 and now this -.- besides the fact they got ffX1 also, but at least we get to keep ffXIII verses!

the pc gets the beta first because its gonna take more time to get the game running correctly on all the different types of computers. the ps3 is easy. Everyone has the exact same thing(excluding hdd which doesnt matter). There's so many different types of combinations of components on pc. Different graphics cards,OS,processors,ram,etc. It takes more time to figure out how the game will play on custom pcs.

the pc gets the beta first because its gonna take more time to get the game running correctly on all the different types of computers. the ps3 is easy. Everyone has the exact same thing(excluding hdd which doesnt matter). There's so many different types of combinations of components on pc. Different graphics cards,OS,processors,ram,etc. It takes more time to figure out how the game will play on custom pcs.

but if the ps3 is easy, cant we just get it out anyways? then let the pc out later.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The more the merrier I guess. I just hope that 360 players are more tactful as a majority. The reason I traded off the piece of crap to begin with was that I met tools and trolls a majority of the time.

I'm still pulling for Ventrilo support, but a lot of people have been pretty short-sighted about it. For one, the servers I had in mind would be hosted by the LS to begin with - Not something massively shared across the world. I didn't even have the serves in mind, I just wanted to see the software on the PS3 - Nothing more, nothing less. Bah, I have another thread for that, so I'll go off about it there.

While if there is a 360 version more people will play it, they might have to downgrade some stuff to fit it onto DVD-9s (kind of like FF XIII). I hope that they don't ruin the PS3 version as well though.

I doubt it would be disc based. I'm sure it will be like how xi was on the ps2 harddrive so u never had to put a disc in. After install i'm sure itll run on hard drive.