How is the game now?

I play every day, it's still extremely active.

^This.

Game is still very much active, and will be for ages. The subscriber count only drops once in a while when all content is beaten and farmed. As soon as a new patch is out, lots of players come back. I still see tons of new players around each day.

It probably depends on your server/data center but my server and free company are still very active. Heavensward brought a lot of people in, new and returning, and patch 3.1 will be coming out soon that will add new dungeons, gear, and a 24-man raid so I'm sure we'll see another resurgence.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

play every day certainly not dead. do people come and go of course the lack of endgame content in 3.0 was terrible.

also the game really holds the players hand in the beginning actually all through the msq to 50. the are also making a hall of novice for players to help them learn their jobs and proper rotation should be coming in 3.2 next month

• 1 month later...
play every day certainly not dead. do people come and go of course the lack of endgame content in 3.0 was terrible.

also the game really holds the players hand in the beginning actually all through the msq to 50. the are also making a hall of novice for players to help them learn their jobs and proper rotation should be coming in 3.2 next month

That's good to hear. I remember buying XI and walking around randomly having no idea what to do for like an hour or so. I never really went back to it. I bought this game and will hopefully start soon.

That's good to hear. I remember buying XI and walking around randomly having no idea what to do for like an hour or so. I never really went back to it. I bought this game and will hopefully start soon.

best thing to do is follow the main story quest everything pretty much unlocks through it.

the hall of novice seems to kinda be a bust but if someone never played a mmo before i guess knowing things like dont stand in the Aoe or attack from the rear/flank are good things.

best thing to do is follow the main story quest everything pretty much unlocks through it.

the hall of novice seems to kinda be a bust but if someone never played a mmo before i guess knowing things like dont stand in the Aoe or attack from the rear/flank are good things.

You get the EXP Ring as a reward for completing it though which is worth it as it provides a 30% exp boost up to lv30 so I definitely recommend people try it out.

You get the EXP Ring as a reward for completing it though which is worth it as it provides a 30% exp boost up to lv30 so I definitely recommend people try it out.

yeah i agree i just wish it was more class/jobs directed. like showing bards the difference between songs and how foes isn't a dps loss. or proper rotations. i did the dps one for the ring lol