Ninja announced for 2.4

E3 2014: Square Enix Reveals FFXIV: A Realm Reborn's Rogue and Ninja Classes, New Trailer - CraveOnline

During all three days of E3 Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn producer Naoki Yoshida will host live streams. Today's long-awaited stream just ended, and had a huge announcement: new classes.

In the upcoming 2.4 patch, FFXIV: A Realm Reborn will get a new class/job combo. The long awaited Rogue and Ninja class/job will make its way to the game. Although the Ninja was commonly played as a tank in Final Fantasy XI—although it wasn't intended to be that way—it will be a pure DPS in FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. The same applies to Rogue.

Both are dexterity focused, take less fall damage, and have fast movement speed. They also have a stealth mechanic affording them the ability to choose their battles unlike any other classes or jobs in the game. Lastly, they use poison for additional damage on their daggers.

Since the Gladiator is already capable of wielding a dagger, chances are Square Enix will modify the items to ensure that only Rogues and Ninjas are capable of equipping them. Also, it's worth noting that despite Rogue typically being the single-handed dagger user in previous Final Fantasy games, it'll dual-wield them just like the Ninja in FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. You won't have to farm for two weapons, though. The daggers will be considered a single item in your inventory.

There was also a gun-oriented class or job teased a couple months ago. Chances are it'll either be revealed this week, or has been pushed beyond a 2.4 release.

You knew it was coming if you paid attention during the Through the Maelstrom storyline.

Apparently people like to skip the interesting cut-scenes in this game...

I've skipped every skip scene in the whole game except for the Hildibrand ones. They are all so horribly tedious and when there is voice acting it makes my ears bleed. So despite the fact that I've finished the main scenario, I have absolutely no clue what the story is. Haha.

I've skipped every skip scene in the whole game except for the Hildibrand ones. They are all so horribly tedious and when there is voice acting it makes my ears bleed. So despite the fact that I've finished the main scenario, I have absolutely no clue what the story is. Haha.

Tl;dr

(Background) Rogue is a class and Ninja is the job it culminates into.

Yugiri is most likely a Rogue, not a Ninja, since she will have her own guild and Jobs don't have guilds. That in turn makes Thancred a Ninja.

Sadly, I had to look up both of those characters to see who they were. I still don't know who Yugiri is though. I don't think I've made it far enough to have met her.

Through the Maelstrom is the 2.2 patch, level 50 storyline that leads to Leviathan HM and Extreme trials. I would advise not skipping cut-scenes during that one, it's an interesting plot.

Second, Alphinaud is the most interesting story character in FFXIV. Every scene with him should have been voiced over.

Like I said the story is way better than most give credit for.

Guessing the DPS queues will be getting even longer now?, should've made a tank class but these still sound good will definitely give them a go

Through the Maelstrom is the 2.2 patch, level 50 storyline that leads to Leviathan HM and Extreme trials. I would advise not skipping cut-scenes during that one, it's an interesting plot.

Second, Alphinaud is the most interesting story character in FFXIV. Every scene with him should have been voiced over.

Like I said the story is way better than most give credit for.

Agreed I like Alphinaud too although still wondering where his sister went?, and yeah the games story was pretty enjoyable actually. Just a shame I had to skip the cutscenes in the last 2 dungeons.

Guessing the DPS queues will be getting even longer now?, should've made a tank class but these still sound good will definitely give them a go

Melee DPS always is shorter then Ranged DPS. That status quo might change because of this.

Agreed I like Alphinaud too although still wondering where his sister went?, and yeah the games story was pretty enjoyable actually. Just a shame I had to skip the cutscenes in the last 2 dungeons.

She takes a hiatus until the post-game quest to discover the Binding Coil of Bahamut.

You can always re-watch cutscenes in your hotel room. Even if you skip anything, just head there after the dungeon.