PS3 Trophies Earned while playing on PC

I am still confused whether or not this is possible. Does anyone know? I would prefer to play on PC, mainly for the graphics, but I would also like to earn the trophies for my PSN account.

I don't really know a way to check this, as I don't know what would cause a trophy check. For example, I logged on botonist while playing on PC. When I logged on to my PS3, the trophy did not automatically pop. I tried killing an enemy to see if that would cause some sort of trophy check, but that did not unlock it either. I assume, if anything would unlock trophies related to the logging trophies, it would be actually logging a tree. The problem is there is no way to easily check this as the two trophies are for logging 1 spot and logging 1,000 spots. (Unless I tried logging 1,000 times on PC and then switching back to ps3 and logging one more and seeing if it pops).

Anyway, has this been discussed? Anyone know?

I'd say this has been thought about, and I doubt that'd work. If you want trophies on your PSN account, play it on PS3, pretty simple.

Except I want to play mostly on PC. A major selling point was having the ability to alternate between platforms with the same character. In FFXI, I started out on PS2 and moved to Xbox 360 when that version came out. In that game you talked to a moogle who would unlock your achievements, even if you earned them while playing on PS2 or PC. I'm just trying to figure out how they work here.

I love my PS3, but it can't run this game anywhere nearly as well as PC.

im playing from my pc at the moment because i cant play the digital ps3 version because of all the known issues on the eu version as soon as they fix the digital version and i can log from my ps3 ill let you know since i dont have any trophies yet they should pop when i start playing and enable em

I doubt you will be able to verify anything until you fulfill the 1000 crafts/kills requirements as well.

There are very mixed reports at the moment. Some users have stated that after logging on to the PS3 version and repeating an action once then you unlock the trophies retroactively (someone had logged 1000+ times on PC already and after logging once of PS3 got both trophies).

On the other hand, users are reporting that certain trophies are behaving weirdly. FATEs for example, there is a topic where someone mentioned that to get the trophy to unlock they had to complete a brand new FATE on PS3, not one they had already done.

There's also the very grey subject of the trophy for completing the main story. It might take a while to get news from that one. Since you can't repeat the main story missions, once it's done it's done. Speculation has arose whether watching the cinematic from the inn room might cause it to unlock but nobody knows for certain yet. I personally plan on switching to PS3 for the last main story mission to 100% make sure it unlocks.

It sucks but at the moment information is very scarce. Until more people have experimented or Square come out with a statement then we're all left umming and erring. Sadly there are also a lot of people on this forum who don't 100% know and are stating facts based off speculation and guess work. For example a lot of people are still claiming that an NPC will pop trophies because that's how it worked in XI, when many users have confirmed that it doesn't work that way.

TL;DR some are retroactive upon completing the task once more on PS3, others are still a grey area.

Based on what I've seen so far, there's no reason you can't and still get the trophies, however it's a bit difficult to verify at the moment.

However, people from 1.0 (which would have been 100% PC play) have been able to unlock various high count trophies on the PS3 when they've started on that. That seems to lend it self to it working on the current version as well, but until someone intentionally tries it out, it's still mostly speculation.

I got a couple thousand monster kills via PC during P4, so once it nears the 10k mark if that one pops on time, we'll have a better idea. Regardless, the way it APPEARS to work is there is no NPC to unlock stuff and instead you complete whatever the object of the trophy is to force the system into checking your numbers and pop the appropriate trophy/trophies. (For example, people who had 10k monster kills from 1.0 would log in, kill one monster and receive the trophies for 1 kill and 10k kills). This could prove problematic with something like the 'Complete the main story' trophy though as it's not something you could quickly repeat.

So for the time being, it looks optimistic, but it's probably best not to take chances until there's evidence that's a little more concrete.

Thanks for the replies guys. It sounds promising. I am going to stick mostly with PC. I agree it may be best to finish the main quest on PS3 to be safe. By the time I get there this question will likely be more officially answered.

Basically to unlock a trophy, you need to perform an action related to it. For example, I've been playing mostly on PC. The first time I mined on PS3, both the first time mining, and the 1000 mining trophy popped for me.

I expect most of the rest will work the same way. The only one that's not clear to me is the one for finishing the main quest - hopefully they had the foresight to make that trophy for simply clearing the last fight so it can be repeated via duty finder if you happen to do it on PC first.