Kill the Adaman/Gui enemies QUICKLY! EASY CP/GIL/COMP!!!

ripacrombie

http://www.jodriscoll.com/Gaming/FFXIII/adamantortoise.gif

ADAMANTORTOISE STRATEGY

Accessories Equipped on Fang & Lightning:

Genji's Glove (This will let you do damage greater than the 99,999 standard limit. This is KEY for Fang's Highwind attack)

1. Go into this fight using:
    • Synergist(Fang)
    • Syngergist(Lightning)
    • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Once your team is fully buffed switch to:

• Saboteur(Fang)
  • Saboteur(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Apply De-Protect, De-Shell, Imperil on both Legs.

[*]Once all the above are on, switch to:

• Ravager(Fang)
  • Ravager(Lightning)
  • Ravager(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Focus on 1 leg to get the stagger break.

[*]Once you stagger a leg, switch to:

• Commander(Fang)
  • Commander(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]The reason I have two commanders is due to Lightning attacking the other leg while I perform the next step.

[*]Perform "Highwind" for an immediate kill on the leg (Doesn't matter what your stagger is at, it WILL go down if your somewhat level 5 in all your initial roles)

[*]Repeat the above step on the second leg.

[*]Once both legs are down when using Highwind, the Adamantortoise usually takes a few seconds to fall giving you time to heal up.

NOTE: If you are low on health when you perform your second Highwind, you may die due to downing the Adamantortoise. When the enemy falls, it will fall on top of you causing damage to any character under it.

[*]Right after you disable the second leg, switch to:

• Saboteur(Fang)
  • Saboteur(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Apply the following De-Buffs:

• Slow
  • Imperil
  • De-Protect
  • De-Shell

[*]Once those are applied switch to the following:

• Ravager(Fang)
  • Ravager(Lightning)
  • Ravager(Hope/Vanielle)

Your goal on this step is to get the stagger break and do not switch until the stagger is 700% or greater.

[*]Once the stagger is 700% or greater, switch to the following:

• Commander(Fang)
  • Commander(Lightning)
  • Ravager(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Once the Adamantortoise life is half way down on his life bar, perform "Highwind" to finish him off.

This process doesn't use any summoning, any shrouds, or any accessories that apply buffs to your characters. With my characters fully leveled and all their Omega weapons equipped, it takes about 1:00-2:15 minutes to defeat this foe.

Edited by ripacrombie

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.jodriscoll.com/Gaming/FFXIII/adamanchelid.gif

ADAMANCHELID STRATEGY

Genji's Glove (This will let you do damage greater than the 99,999 standard limit. You don't need this equipped, it's just useful if you want a quick Highwind finish on it)

• Commander(Fang)
    • Syngergist(Lightning)
    • Syngergist(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]If the Adamnchelid puts any of your members in the RED, switch to the following:

• Commander(Fang)
  • Ravager(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Once all are healed switch back to the first step:

[*]Focus on the stagger break.

[*]Once the Adamanchelid is staggered, switch to the following and finish it off:

• Commander(Fang)
  • Commander(Lightning)
  • Syngergist(Hope/Vanielle)

NOTE: You can also perform Highwind once it's staggered for an immediate kill (Stagger must be around 800% or greater)

This process doesn't use any summoning, any shrouds, or any accessories that apply buffs to your characters. With my characters fully leveled and all their Omega weapons equipped, it takes about 0:30-0:45 seconds to defeat this foe.

Edited by ripacrombie

http://www.jodriscoll.com/Gaming/FFXIII/longgui.gif

LONG GUI STRATEGY

Defeating this beast for the first time will give you the trophy "Adamant's Will"

Accessories Equipped on all 3 Battle Team members:

Champion's Belt (Physical Resistance 15%+ to lower the damage taking from it's stomps)

Moonbow Anklet (Daze Resistance 40%+ to lower the chance of being dazed from it's Roar ability)

Genji's Glove (This will let you do damage greater than the 99,999 standard limit. This is KEY for Fang's Highwind attack) - This only needs to be on Fang & Lightning

1. Go into this fight using the following. The Long Gui will ALWAYS perform Ultima right at the start of the battle:
    • Sentinel(Fang)
    • Sentinel(Lightning)
    • Sentinel(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Once you survive the initial attack, switch the following and start to buff your characters:

• Synergist(Fang)
  • Synergist(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

• Saboteur(Fang)
  • Saboteur(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Apply De-Protect, De-Shell, Imperil, Poison on both Legs.

NOTE: You don't have to apply Poison on both legs, just the initial leg you apply the de-buffs too. This will assist you with the damage being done while you are working on the following leg.

• Ravager(Fang)
  • Ravager(Lightning)
  • Ravager(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Focus on the second leg you de-buffed to get the stagger break.

[*]Once you stagger a leg, continue your attack until the stagger % is 700 or greater. The reason being is when you peform Highwind, it will ONE-SHOT kill the leg if you have Fang's ultimate weapon fully starred/upgraded with Enfire on. Anyway switch to:

• Commander(Fang)
  • Synergist(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

This will allow you to crack away at the legs health, heal your characters, and apply Enfire on Fang & Lightning. This will also put Lightning in a position to re-buff any possible buff's that have worn off.

[*]Perform "Highwind" for an immediate kill on the leg (Stagger must be 700% of greater)

[*]Repeat the steps 5-8 on the second leg.

[*]Once both legs are down when using Highwind, the Long Gui usually takes a few seconds to fall giving you time to heal up.

NOTE: If you are low on health when you perform your second Highwind, you may die due to downing the Long Gui. When the enemy falls, it will fall on top of you causing damage to any character under it.

• Saboteur(Fang)
  • Saboteur(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

• Slow (This is the ONLY de-buff that sticks after the Long Gui stands up making it easier to take him down a second time)
  • Imperil
  • De-Protect
  • De-Shell

[*]Once those are applied switch to the following to give Lightning a chance to apply Enfire:

• Commander(Fang)
  • Synergist(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

Your goal here is to work on the stagger while also apply the MUCH needed Enfire buff to you Fang & Lightning

[*]Once Enfire is applied switch to:

• Commander(Fang)
  • Commander(Lightning)
  • Ravager(Hope/Vanielle)

Your mission is to cause enough damage possible while he is down. You will not kill the Long Gui on it's first down, so don't get worried if you only took half of his health.

[*]Right when you see the Long Gui getting up, Cancel any actions you may be doing with Fang and perform Highwind before all this de-buff's are off. This will cause an amazing amount of damage.

NOTE: When the Long Gui get's up, he loves to use Ultima followed by Roar/Quake. Immediately go into Sentinel Mode once you complete your Highwind attack.

[*]Repeat all the above steps and you should have your victory on your second time downing him. If not, continue repeating until you do.

Throughout this battle, you will need to be quick with switching from your current Paradigm to Tortoise (SEN/SEN/SEN). If you do not switch to Tortoise when the Long Gui performs Ultima, you will have an instant death on your main character.

This process doesn't use any summoning, or any shrouds. With my characters fully leveled and all their Omega weapons equipped, it takes about 4:10-4:45 minutes to defeat this foe.

Edited by ripacrombie

http://www.jodriscoll.com/Gaming/FFXIII/adamantoise.gif

ADAMANTOISE STRATEGY

Genji's Glove (This will let you do damage greater than the 99,999 standard limit. This is KEY for Fang's Highwind attack)

• Synergist(Fang)
    • Syngergist(Lightning)
    • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

• Saboteur(Fang)
  • Saboteur(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Apply De-Protect, De-Shell, Imperil on both Legs.

OPTIONAL STEP:

Switch back to the first step and give Lightning a chance to cast Enfire on all three characters. This step is not necessary, but can help those at lower levels.

• Ravager(Fang)
  • Ravager(Lightning)
  • Ravager(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Focus on 1 leg to get the stagger break.

[*]Once you stagger a leg, switch to:

• Commander(Fang)
  • Commander(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]The reason I have two commanders is due to Lightning attacking the other leg while I perform the next step.

[*]Perform "Highwind" for an immediate kill on the leg (Doesn't matter what your stagger is at, it WILL go down if your level 5 in all your initial roles)

[*]Repeat the above step on the second leg.

[*]Once both legs are down when using Highwind, the Adamantoise usually takes a few seconds to fall giving you time to heal up.

NOTE: If you are low on health when you perform your second Highwind, you may die due to downing the Adamantoise. When the enemy falls, it will fall on top of you causing damage to any character under it.

• Saboteur(Fang)
  • Saboteur(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

• Slow
  • Imperil
  • De-Protect
  • De-Shell

[*]Once those are applied switch to the following:

• Ravager(Fang)
  • Ravager(Lightning)
  • Ravager(Hope/Vanielle)

Your goal on this step is to get the stagger break and do not switch until the stagger is 900% or greater.

[*]Once the stagger is 900% or greater, switch to the following:

• Commander(Fang)
  • Commander(Lightning)
  • Ravager(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Once the Adamantoise life is down within the word "Target" on his life bar, perform "Highwind" to finish him off.

This process doesn't use any summoning, any shrouds, or any accessories that apply buffs to your characters. With my characters fully leveled and all their Omega weapons equipped, it takes about 2:45-3:00 minutes to defeat this foe.

Edited by ripacrombie

http://www.jodriscoll.com/Gaming/FFXIII/shaolonggui.gif

SHAOLONG GUI STRATEGY

This beast drops the extremely valuable and required Dark Matter

Accessories Equipped on all 3 Battle Team members:

Champion's Belt (Physical Resistance 15%+ to lower the damage taking from it's stomps)

Moonbow Anklet (Daze Resistance 40%+ to lower the chance of being dazed from it's Roar ability)

Genji's Glove (This will let you do damage greater than the 99,999 standard limit. This is KEY for Fang's Highwind attack) - This only needs to be on Fang & Lightning

1. Go into this fight using the following. Use Auto-Battle feature, this will cause Lightning and Fang to caste Haste on each other. Once you see the text above their heads saying they are casting Haste, immediately switch to the next step to avoid any serious damage from being de-buffed and being hit by Quake:
    • Synergist(Fang)
    • Synergist(Lightning)
    • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]The ShaoLong Gui will always performing Quake right at the start of the battle. If you performed the above step, you will not only have Haste cast on Fang and Lightning, but you will of taken MINIMAL damage from the Quake attack:

• Sentinel(Fang)
  • Sentinel(Lightning)
  • Sentinel(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Immediately following the Sentinel Paradigm switch animation, switch to the following and ONLY apply Haste on Hope/Vanielle and Protectra on your team:

• Synergist(Fang)
  • Synergist(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Once you apply the few buff's above, switch the following and start to de-buff the ShaoLong Gui.:

• Saboteur(Fang)
  • Saboteur(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]ALERT: The FOLLOWING IS KEY to beating the ShoaLong Gui in under 2 minutes! Once you switch to Saboteur, do the following de-buff's with Fang in the EXACT order.

• Imperil
  • Slow
  • Daze

Successfully doing this, Lightning will caste De-Protect, De-Shell, and Fang will Daze the ShaoLong Gui rendering it paralyzed until you attack it.

[*]Once the ShaoLong Gui is De-Buffed and Dazed switch to the following and follow my steps exactly:

• Synergist(Fang)
  • Synergist(Lightning)
  • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]While Lightning is applying any buff's that weren't applied initially in Step 3, you need to apply Bravera on Fang and Lightning THEN apply Faithra on Hope. By the time you finish casting Faithra on Hope, Lightning will be finishing up casting Enfire on Hope as well. Once these are applied switch to the following to cause a Stagger break on it.

• Ravager(Fang)
  • Ravager(Lightning)
  • Ravager(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Focus on causing the stagger break, and getting it to above 700%.

[*]Once the you reached the above stagger percentage, switch to the following and cause some serious damage:

• Commander(Fang)
  • Commander(Lightning)
  • Synergist(Hope/Vanielle)

[*]Once the ShaoLong Gui's life is around 30%/40%, depending on your Strength and your Ultima weapon level for Fang, you can use Highwind for an immediate death.

Very rarely the ShaoLong Gui will perform Ultima/Roar during your beat down, simply switch to Tortoise and immediately switch back to Aggression to finish it off. I've actually beaten the ShaoLong Gui several times without it ever even attacking 2 times. This is the best method I could possibly think of for farming CP and Dark Matter. If you have the Growth Egg equipped, you will get 120,000CP a battle and with the amount of ShaoLong Gui in the Archytle Steppe (7 I think), you can get some serious CP extremely fast.

This process doesn't use any summoning, or any shrouds. With my characters fully leveled and all their Omega weapons equipped, it takes about 1:30-2:15 minutes to defeat this foe.

Edited by ripacrombie

Thanks for the guide! But I'm wondering, is this method useful when all of my characters have mastered their primary roles and not their secondary roles?

Yes, you will still be able to farm every enemy other than Long Gui. You should only kill the Long Gui for the trophy, any battles after that is pointless. I would suggest using the ShoaLong Gui for farming CP to level up your characters.

Yes, you will still be able to farm every enemy other than Long Gui. You should only kill the Long Gui for the trophy, any battles after that is pointless. I would suggest using the ShoaLong Gui for farming CP to level up your characters.

This is what I did as well using the Growth Egg. I completely maxed out the remaining Crystarium levels farming Dark Matters from them.

Even with just Fang's Kain's Lance: I still end up getting beaten by them or spending 7-8 minutes on them per fight. The strategies suggested to me helped a bit, but it seems like the Oretoises are getting harder...I sure as fuck hope that the Long Gui don't show up yet. I can't handle things as they are now.

I know how you feel. I tried to fight one just for the heck of it, soon as the battle started it used Ultima, and my entire team died. xD

-Headdesk-

It's so damn frustrating, but then again, I've only got 88 hours of gameplay in right now. Everyone seemed to get the Platinum by 95 hours or later. For me? It'll probably take well over 200. I've been away from the ATB for so long...Seesh.

I'm not sure what your doing wrong, but you should be able to destroy every one of these enemies other than the Long Gui using my methods. Be sure to switch to Sentinel/Sentinel/Sentinel whenever you see the enemy performing Quake/Ultima/Roar. I put Tortoise right at the top and never move my paradigms. You also have to be quick with switching around your Paradigms and knowing when to switch.

Oh God no, I haven't seen a Long Gui yet. Ha ha ha. I guess I'm just going to work on finishing the missions, I suppose. I still haven't beaten Vercingetorix. @_@

Perhaps once I finish the missions and maximize everyone's equipment: Then I'll get back to whomping these oversized-sons-of-bitches. I figure I'd better invest gil and get stronger rather than try to farm the items off those pricks out of luck.

As Yoshi_Girl and I among others have been asking for the last 6 hours, I think.

Seriously, I think it would be awesome to have a dedicated section just for all-things Adamantoise (Shaolong Gui, Long Gui, Adaman-everything else) in the Boss Guide. You can ask a Mod to adjust or retitle the thread to accomodate this change. If you're out of thread space you can always ask the Staff for a few extra thread spaces to include this information.

This is how many threads exist now that in some way or another have to do with Adamantoise and it's several variants:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/43854-farming-platinum-ignots-trapezohedron.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/43824-kill-adaman-gui-enemies-quickly-easy-cp-gil-comp.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/43894-fastest-way-make-eden-ada-spawn.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/43830-higher-drop-rate-trapezohedron.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/43791-killing-adamantoise-easy-way-hard-way-lucky-way-tips-tricks.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/43862-how-often-does-trap-drop.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/43572-small-note-anyone-trying-farm-adamantortoises.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/43764-farming-adamantoises-fun-profit.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/43636-maker-must-hate-me-sincerely.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/43433-hey-why-not-just-fight-adamantortoise.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/43362-where-can-i-find-trapezohedron.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/43587-shaolong-gui-strat.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/43459-ready-adamantoise-yet.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/43056-adamantoise.html

I could go on but you get the point. If you have a dediated section just for this specific topic everyone can post all questions, tips, suggestions, strategies, rants and raves in one central location.

Judging from the amount of threads on this subject I think it's a good idea, personally.