Treasure Hunter Missable Trophy - Guide

Leon-Hart-255

As the official guide shows, the Treasure Hunter trophy is a miss-able trophy !! to get this trophy you must have every weapon and accessory in the game. notice that its not having them all at once , but having them all at some point in the game ( so if you got a weapon then fully upgraded it then sold it, then it does count as you have it and no need to get it again).

90% of the accessory you either can buy or get as drop from a boss or normal fights, but some you only can get them from treasures or from the missions and you only will get few of them, so you better not to sell any accessory you get !!

Update: The most common accessories that player are losing ( selling ) are the Elemental Rings and the Charms, so basically if you still have one Elemental Ring of each type (Fire Water, Lightning, Earth, Ice and Wind) doesn't matter what tier its ( 1, 2 ,or 3) then that's good enough, you can fully upgrade then dismantle it again to get the lower tier, for example , have the Water tier 2, upgrade it to tire 3 ,then dismantle it to get tier 1 and so on.

As for the Charms,You will find most of the Charms in Pulse in Archylte Steppe. And you could find another in others area, I will mention the areas in the Charms section below.

So you need to watch out for the Elemental Rings and The Charms , especially the Charms ( as you can get the Elemental Rings from them too). Watch for the other rare accessories even that the most of them are only one tier so even if you sold them , you will still get the trophy, but keep them for the safe side.

I will post the full list of the accessories and the credit goes to Aeliana, Sirius and Kraderic for it.

Note: This is a list for all accessories but it's not fully describe list, here is a link to fully described list:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/36502-final-fantasy-xiii-accessory-list.html

here is also a link to Treasure Hunter Dynamic Checklist, Credit goes to Adam-Sione for it.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/95886-treasure-hunter-dynamic-checklist.html

Here you can buy most them and upgrade the rest.

- Bangles (HP+) -

1. Iron Bangle

2. Silver Bangle

3. Tungsten Bangle

4. Titanium Bangle

5. Gold Bangle

6. Mithril Bangle

7. Platinum Bangle

8. Diamond Bangle

9. Adaman Bangle

10. Wurtzite Bangle

Also same here , you can buy them and upgrade the rest. this apply for the Wristbands,Mark/Glyphs/Crests, Belts and the braces.

- Wristbands (Physical Attack+) -

11. Power Wristband

12. Brawler's Wristband

13. Warrior's Wristband

14. Power Glove

15. Kaiser Knuckles

- Mark/Glyphs/Crests (Magical Attack+) -

16. Magician's Mark

17. Shaman's Mark

18. Sorcerer's Mark

19. Weirding Glyph

20. Magistral Crest

- Belts (Physical Resistance+) -

21. Black Belt

22. General's Belt

23. Champion's Belt

- Braces (Magical Resistance+) -

24. Rune Brace

25. Witch's Brace

26. Magus's Brace

OK for this one you can buy the Royal Armlet but not Imperial Armlet , so be careful.I think you will get both form a boss, so keep them. And I'm not sure but mostly you can Upgrade the Imperial Armlet form the Royal Armlet.

- Armlets (Physical & Magical Resistance+) -

27. Royal Armlet

28. Imperial Armlet

Here is the worst part, you will only get few of these in the game , so you can't buy them or find a monster that drop them.

so don't sell them at all, in case you did, you may still have a chance, you can use the Charms to get those back and upgrade them, for example , lets say you sold the Ember Ring ,so you can't upgrade it to the Blaze Fire Ring then to the Salamandrine Flame Ring, but you can fully upgrade the Fire charm the then dismantle it to get the Ember Ring again and so on for the other Elements ring, hopefully that you didn't sell the charms too !!

Note that if you only have one of the 3 tier levels for each type of the Elemental Rings then your in the safe side, for Example , lets say you have the blaze fire ring , you can fully upgrade it to the Salamandrine Flame Ring then Dismantle it and you will get the Ember ring, and so on for the rest.

- Elemental Rings (Elemental Resistance+) -

29. Ember Ring

30. Blaze Fire Ring

31. Salamandrine Flame Ring

32. Frost Ring

33. Icicle Ring

34. Boreal Ring

35. Spark Ring

36. Fulmen Ring

37. Raijin Ring

38. Aqua Ring

39. Riptide Ring

40. Nereid Stream Ring

41. Zephyr Ring

42. Gale Ring

43. Sylphid Ring

44. Clay Ring

45. Siltstone Ring

46. Gaian Ring

No worries here , you can buy them all and upgrade them.

- Status Rings (Status Resistance+) -

47. Giant's Glove

48. Warlord's Glove

49. Glass Buckle

50. Tektite Buckle

51. Metal Armband

52. Ceramic Armband

53. Serenity Sachet

54. Safeguard Sachet

55. Glass Orb

56. Dragonfly Orb

57. Star Pendant

58. Starfall Pendant

59. Pearl Necklace

60. Gemstone Necklace

61. Warding Talisman

62. Hexbane Talisman

63. Pain Dampener

64. Pain Deflector

65. White Cape

66. Effulgent Cape

67. Rainbow Anklet

68. Moonbow Anklet

69. Cherub's Crown

70. Seraph's Crown

Same here , buy and upgrade , but for the items Hermes Sandals, Sprint Shoes, Tetratic Crown and Tetratic Tiara, There is a thread about how to get the those items exactly, here is the link.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/42046-tips-tricks-easy-cp-gil-weapon-accessory.html

- Auto/Critical Accessories (Auto/Critical Abilities) -

71. Guardian Amulet

72. Shield Talisman

73. Auric Amulet

74. Soulfront Talisman

75. Watchman's Amulet

76. Shrouding Talisman

77. Hero's Amulet

78. Morale Talisman

79. Saint's Amulet

80. Blessed Talisman

81. Zealot's Amulet

82. Battle Talisman

83. Flamebane Brooch

84. Flameshield Earring

85. Frostbane Brooch

86. Frostshield Earring

87. Sparkbane Brooch

88. Sparkshield Earring

89. Aquabane Brooch

90. Aquashield Earring

91. Hermes Sandals

92. Sprint Shoes

93. Tetratic Crown

94. Tetratic Tiara

Most of those Item are very rare so again don't sell them if you got them, i will mention how you can get them beside each one. Note: this is not the only way to get them but mostly the easiest one.

- Special Accessories (Special Abilities) -

95. Doctor's Code (Improved Potions) Mission 41

96. Whistlewind Scarf (ATB Advantage [+1 ATB at start]) Buy form store

97. Aurora Scarf (First Strike [Full ATB at start])Upgrade from the above item

98. Nimbletoe Boots (Improved Evasion) Buy from store

99. Gold Watch (Time Extension) Mission 64

100. champion's Badge (Victory: TB Charge) Not sure but mostly from treasure or a boss

101. Survivalist Catalog (Shroud Scavenger [higher chance of shroud spoils]) not sure either

102. Collector Catalog (Item Scavenger) buy from store

103. Connoisseur Catalog (Item Collector) Upgrade from the above item

104. Hunter's Friend (Kill: Libra) Mission 45

105. Speed Sash (Kill: ATB Charge) Mission 43 and other ways

106. Energy Sash (Kill: TB Charge)Mission 59 and other ways

107. Entite Ring (Elemental Resistance +10)from a boss and can be bought

108. Goddess' Favor (Rapid Recovery)from a boss

109. Ribbon (Resilience +20%) chocobo treasure hunt

110. Super Ribbon (Resilience +25%) Upgrade from above

111. Genji Gauntlet (Break the 99,999 Damage Limit )Mission 51, 62, 63

112. Grow Egg (2x CP) Mission 55

Those charms are rare , you will get them from treasures on Gran Pulse, and you can use the to get back the element rings. You can get them form the big area in Gran Pulse (Archylte Steppe ) and the Water Charm from Sylvya Springs, Thanx to Yoshi_Girl for this Info.

Update: Its conformed now ( thanks to edilions ), there is 2 of the water and ice Charm only!!. and for now we know this: there is 2 Ice Charms , one in Western Benchland (bottom left) of the Archylte Steppe (Treasure M in the guide). The other 1 is found in Flower-filled Fissure of Mah'Habara (Treasure A in the guide) ( thanks to ripacrombie for the info ). And also there is 2 Water Charms, one in Archylte Steppe and one in the Sylvya Springs. Hopefully we find the other Charms soon.

Update: So its conformed now , there is 2 water and ice charms but only 1 form the other types.

- Charms/Die (Absorb Elements) -

113. Fire Charm

114. Ice Charm Archylte Steppe , Flower-filled Fissure of Mah'Habara

115. Lightning Charm

116. Water Charm Archylte Steppe , Sylvya Springs

117. Wind Charm

118. Earth Charm

119. Twenty-Sided Dice Mission 48

Hopefully this will help , thanks for Lotusxyx for the information form his/her posts.

here is a link that could help you too, good luck

Final Fantasy XIII walkthrough

Edited by Leon-Hart-255

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ur welcome , im glad to help , i know there is few thread for this subject but after reading alot about it and almost looked at every item in the game !! lol, thought i could put all that info in one place so other players have easy way to tell if they missed something or not, hope it help thats all :D

Please do not worry everyone, you DO NOT NEED TO have them all in your inventory at the same time. As stated in the OFFICIAL strategy guide, all you need is to have had held (had the item in your inventory) at one point in time.

Proof:

http://www.jodriscoll.com/treasure_hunter.jpg

People are complaining that it's miss-able because they are MISSING THE SIMPLE step of having to speak to Bhakti after obtaining every item. This is when you are awarded with the title and the trophy.

Edited by ripacrombie

Please do not worry everyone, you DO NOT NEED TO have them all in your inventory at the same time. As stated in the OFFICIAL strategy guide, all you need is to have had held (had the item in your inventory) at one point in time.

Proof:

http://www.jodriscoll.com/treasure_hunter.jpg

People are complaining that it's miss-able because they are MISSING THE SIMPLE step of having to speak to Bhakti after obtaining every item. This is when you are awarded with the title and the trophy.

No, it is missable. More than one person has posted saying they sold off an item that had to be upgraded 2 additional times first. The accessory they sold was a one-time find, meaning there is no other way to obtain it again elsewhere by other means.

So you obviously can't obtain every item if the prerequisite accessory is sold before it's upgraded. It's a one-way street unfortunately.

No, it is missable. More than one person has posted saying they sold off an item that had to be upgraded 2 additional times first. The accessory they sold was a one-time find, meaning there is no other way to obtain it again elsewhere by other means.

So you obviously can't obtain every item if the prerequisite accessory is sold before it's upgraded. It's a one-way street unfortunately.

So...the only way for it to be missable is to sell that specific item... or is it missable because you missed getting it during chapter 1-10.

Edited by secano

So...the only way for it to be missable is to sell that specific item... or is it missable because you missed getting it during chapter 1-10.

its actually hard that u could missed it, most of them r in treasures or drop from bosses, most player could miss them because they sold them, i did sold few 2 but thankfully i still have enough to make up the one i sold.

So far off the top of my head the accessories I know for sure are one-time finds are the Elemental Charms (Written Oracles in JP version). They're the items found exclusively in Treasure Spheres spread out all over the Archylte Steppe with 1 of them located in the Font of Namva (Chocobo hang-out).

If you sell these items they're gone for good. This detail was made very clear in the Road Map & Trophy Guide.

thank you, since the guide never told me i couldn't sale shit - i sold a few times - now i might be looking at another play threw, unless i get lucky lol. So it's important people learn this, and also no what items that can and can't get latter.

(not a knock on the guide, it's great, just has that one fault)

Great list Leon-Hart and thanks for doing it. I went to check what rings and charms I had after seeing this. I only have the Ember and Zephyr and Fulmen(Spark 2) rings. I have never upgraded an item before. I am in chapter 11, Should I already have the other rings? I dismantled a few items a while back but I'm not sure what they were

So far off the top of my head the accessories I know for sure are one-time finds are the Elemental Charms (Written Oracles in JP version). They're the items found exclusively in Treasure Spheres spread out all over the Archylte Steppe with 1 of them located in the Font of Namva (Chocobo hang-out).

If you sell these items they're gone for good. This detail was made very clear in the Road Map & Trophy Guide.

It's also worth noting that the Water Charm is only available one-time from Sylvya Springs. It cannot be found on the Archylte Steppe.

Well done for the list, Leon-Heart. You spoiled my fun, though; I was looking forward to doing a comprehensive list myself :'(.

Good job though ^_^.

It's also worth noting that the Water Charm is only available one-time from Sylvya Springs. It cannot be found on the Archylte Steppe.

Well done for the list, Leon-Heart. You spoiled my fun, though; I was looking forward to doing a comprehensive list myself :'(.

Good job though ^_^.

Yeah the Water Charm is what I was referring to in the Font of Namva/Sylvya Springs. :p

that is awesome mann thx for everyone that contributed to make the list :)

checked all my accessories, and there is one where the name is wrong.

u have it as winners Medal, it should be

champion's Badge - "Causes TP to recharge slightly even after obtaining a low battle rating." :)

Great list Leon-Hart and thanks for doing it. I went to check what rings and charms I had after seeing this. I only have the Ember and Zephyr and Fulmen(Spark 2) rings. I have never upgraded an item before. I am in chapter 11, Should I already have the other rings? I dismantled a few items a while back but I'm not sure what they were

not sure but mostly you will still have few chances to get some of them, but what is more important that you dont sell the charms as they the only thing that could get you the rings back. there is a post here tell the place of all the charms ( the big area on Pulse !! cant remember the name !! :p )

Good job though ^_^.

actually i read one of ur post and u were saying that u will do one, so when i saw that u answered alot of questions about this, i said to myself i better help you and save sometime and do this !! :D , but still im pretty sure that you can do better one so go for it, u can use everything in this one :)

So.. I have NOT sold ANYTHING (Thank GOD!) so I was wondering..

I got Gale ring but not Zephyr ring, and Gale Ring is the 'upgraded' version of Zephyr even though I never performed any item conversions.. how do I get Zephyr ring?

ur safe , u can upgrade the gale to next level ( which u have to get the 3 tier level item for it ) then fully upgrade it 2 then dismantle it to get the gale ring, and you can still get the gale ring for a mission, pulse im sure u already got it in one point of the game , so no worries .

that is awesome mann thx for everyone that contributed to make the list :)

checked all my accessories, and there is one where the name is wrong.

u have it as winners Medal, it should be

champion's Badge - "Causes TP to recharge slightly even after obtaining a low battle rating." :)

thanx i knew it was wrong and thought that i changed it !! :p , will go back an edit it.

So, what your all saying is it's is miss-able due to user error, not the games? It can only be missed if the user screws something up?

Every single elemental charm if upgraded to it's max level (which is 2) can be dismantled for it's ELEMENTAL ring (not it's charm ring). If you sold your element rings, then use this method to acquire the ones you sold. Every single elemental charm ring upgrades to the same weapon which you get as a reward for Mark 48 (Verdelet).

You have multiple chances through the game to acquire the element ring and element charm rings. If you literally sold everything possible, then that sucks for you.

Here is a picture showing the breakdown of element charms/rings:

http://www.jodriscoll.com/charm_ring.jpg

This is my list of accessories which I am not 100% sure I sold any of my elemental rings/charms. I have acquired everyone in the game from my records:

Ember Ring x3

Blaze Ring x4

Frost Ring x2

Spark Ring x2

Fullmen Ring x2

Aqua Ring x2

Riptide Ring x2

Zephyr Ring x1

Gale Ring x2

Clay Ring x2

Siltstone Ring x1

=============

Fire Charm x1

Ice Charm x2

Lightning Charm x1

Water Charm x1

Wind Charm x1

Earth Charm x1

Twenty-sided Die x1

This shows that you have multiple ways to fix a premature sold elemental ring.