XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 04-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #961
shadow knight

Talking

LOL

I just discovered last Wednesday evening that you can upgrade accessories besides weapon in Final Fantasy XIII(was testing it out). I went all out with everything last Thursday!Took me 2 months to play again after a while.

So around 16:30 ,I finally managed to kill the 1st Feral Behemoth in 1 round {it was very easy thanks to Lightning awesome Launch and Aqua-strike ability}and I can use Lightning(leader)+Odin again.

Now are (Crystarium Ravager role) Hope + (Commando role) Lightning and their weapons on level 3/4.With bonuses of course!!

Operation Nora end boss is crazy ass fuck,get my ass kicked constantly.

Total game play as of now is 28 hours,12 minutes en 37 seconds!Good thing I saved my progress.

But fuck,I wanted to play FFXIII this Friday for a while,suddenly my PS3 Blue-ray player isn't working any more.The laser has to be replaced,cause even other game discs aren't working.

Fortunately,for €35 I can replace the BD player laser and a new cool-paste!!

I am holding a super marathon(60 hours of PS3 games and anime+manga) on 2-5 May,instead of this planned Eastern.

Last edited by shadow knight; 04-07-2012 at 01:06 AM.
shadow knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #962
Quicksilver661

Send a message via Skype™ to Quicksilver661

Thanks for the great guide. Seems like its gonna take me a while to plat this. However the game is dynamic and graphics is just nuts. Whats crazy is I actually had the game one day before release date and i just started playing last week -_-* i never played that copy anyway, i've been hearing from friends that the english voice over really sucks especially for vanille (spelling?) . so i borrowed a friend's region 3 copy that has japanese voice and english subtitles and it is amazing. though some of the translation needs work, its kinda funny when you hear a japanese word that means something and you see the translation is way off (off the literal meaning of the japanese word or sentence).

Im currently @ chp. 6 (i think) and enjoying it so far. Getting a little sick of the characters switching around a lot and having to set the paradigms all over again. Once used a summon instead of Libra lol. Overall, i think this game is just great.

Finally thanks for the weapon/accessory check list you have provided, it is very helpful. I actually printed out both lists and started ticking off the items and weapons that i had and anything else that i come across as i progress through the game, i believe this is much easier as opposed to finishing the game then opening the inventory and start looking through large number of items (which will be VERY time consuming). i think its a good point to add this in your guide's first step.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:08 AM   #963
starcrunch061

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Although I hated the game, it's nice to see great guides with excellent attention to detail. Thank you for your guides, as well as the ones you cite.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #964
NJS

Up to about chapter 4 in this, just got it a couple of days ago. Love it.

So paranoid about the treasure hunter trophy >.<
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #965
starcrunch061

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJS View Post
So paranoid about the treasure hunter trophy >.<
Don't be. You'd have to do something really stupid to mess it up. Follow the two guides here (for accessories and weapons) - both are excellent. I used them far more than the trophy guide itself.

This isn't like Cross Edge or Star Ocean.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:55 AM   #966
Q8iGamer

Thank for the guide , i think Final Fantasy XIII is one of the hardest platinums ever xD
Q8iGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #967
Sunlit Garden

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   PAX Meet Up
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

Quote:
Adamant Will (Silver)
Felled a heavyweight of the lowerworld wilds.
After completing Missions #35-51, Adaman Tortoise enemies will be replaced with a new enemy, Long Gui.
This is incorrect. It's after finishing the ring of stones in the Archylte Steppe Eastern Tors (Missions 56-62.) It took me way too long to get the Genji Glove because I was afraid of doing the Attacus fight....

Thanks to Evermeet for the signature! | Visit my gaming blog!

Sunlit Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:11 AM   #968
Monya Meow Meow

Up to chapter 6 now and finally realized how easy it is to win battles just by setting up the correct paradigms and shifting them around during fights
Old 05-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #969
Ryukori

Awards Showcase Member of the Month Winner   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronze Submission   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   5,000 Posts   Jack of All Trades   Community Gaming Event Silver   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

I'm currently on Chapter 11 in this game, and I'm stuck on Dahaka. I've watched YouTube videos on how to beat him, but I keep dying halfway through the battle. I use Fortisol and Aegisol right before the battle. My team is Lightning, Snow, and Hope. Lightning and Snow both have around 3300 HP, while Hope only has around 2300 HP. I start off using COM/COM/RAV. Whenever I get major damage done, I switch to MED/SEN/MED. I keep repeating this process. The part where I keep dying is as soon as my Fortisol and Aegisol buffs wear off. Lightning's strength is around 550, Snow's strength is around 600, and Hope's magic is around 520. I have no trouble until the part where my buffs wear out. Hope hasn't learned the Haste ability yet, and that's the key to my victory. I've upgraded their weapons and accessories to as far as I can with my Gil so far.

Any tips?

Trophy Cards
Ryukori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #970
Jonth

Send a message via Skype™ to Jonth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackboy_LBP View Post
I'm currently on Chapter 11 in this game, and I'm stuck on Dahaka. I've watched YouTube videos on how to beat him, but I keep dying halfway through the battle. I use Fortisol and Aegisol right before the battle. My team is Lightning, Snow, and Hope. Lightning and Snow both have around 3300 HP, while Hope only has around 2300 HP. I start off using COM/COM/RAV. Whenever I get major damage done, I switch to MED/SEN/MED. I keep repeating this process. The part where I keep dying is as soon as my Fortisol and Aegisol buffs wear off. Lightning's strength is around 550, Snow's strength is around 600, and Hope's magic is around 520. I have no trouble until the part where my buffs wear out. Hope hasn't learned the Haste ability yet, and that's the key to my victory. I've upgraded their weapons and accessories to as far as I can with my Gil so far.

Any tips?
Try to get a Sab in your team, you could switch Snow for Fang, she's a good Sentry and Commando as Snow.
Use Fang to debuff Dahaka and then switch to Rav/Rav/Com (Lighting and Hope as Ravagers) to build a fast chain, then switch to Com/Rav/Com to deal massive damage

Try to pay attention to Dahaka's attacks, you must switch to Med/Med/Sen at the right moment when he's about to use his strong attack or you'll be in trouble

If any of your characters is low on health while building the chain, switch to Com/Med/Sen to heal your characters and keep the chain up with your Commando

And make a summon if you're about to die, that revives your characters if I recall correctly

These are the paradigms I used if you want to know:
Lightning (Leader) / Hope / Fang
Rav/Rav/Com
*Com/Rav/Sab
Com/Rav/Com
Com/Med/Sen
Med/Syn/Sen
Med/Med/Sen

That worked for me, good luck!
And sorry for my grammar, English isn't my primary language