Rate the trophy difficulty...  

1,082 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.56

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot rate this because I don't have the game, but it doesn't seen like a 10 to me, my cousin have the game and he's already on 24% process of the trophies but then again he's Japanese and in Japan. But I'm pretty sure when you guys get the English version it will be easy too.

Final Fantasy games have never been that hard, and even when it gets tough, it's difficulty is wained as you further develop your characters through grinding - just like every other RPG out there. While I admit that this game will take a long time to Platinum and that the time taken should be considered in its difficulty rating, there is no way this game will be a 10 for difficulty.

I predict an 7-8 on this one, with 140-160 hours to attain your Platinum. We'll see soon enough anyway! I'm sure there's a few avid fans that have already imported, and a few I bet are well on their way to gaining theirs that can share some info with us.

I'm in chapter 5 right now.

I have no clue what's going on story-wise. I'm 8 hours in and only have 4 trophies, all of which are story-related.

Feel free to import. You only need to look up a guide on how the Chrystarium system works to be able to do decently well.

As for the person asking for info on the FFIV beta code. The code can be used for the beta and for a special item that will be redeemable at launch of the final game.

I voted 4, a lot of the ??? trophies arnt missable IE...

finish the chocobo quest

beat story mission X

beat speciality mission X

a lot of the trophies seem to just come over time, like the master ___ roles, and the damage one should come over time...

as far as the collect all weapons i was worried about this one, but it seems easier than i assumed *i expected something like cross edge* and i guess you can wonder around in post game collecting/doing tasks so 1 playthough should be all required

the only trophy that could/could not be hard is the very last trophy "beat the final boss 5 stars" then again all but 2 fights so far ive pulled off a 5...

as i keep saying, people need to stop thinking that hard, and time are related =\ this game might take 85 or so hours to plat and is easily achieveable without being fluent in japanese *as long as you can match pics, and use some common sense + dont mind asking a question or 2*

I hope this helps...

I voted 4, a lot of the ??? trophies arnt missable IE...

finish the chocobo quest

beat story mission X

beat speciality mission X

a lot of the trophies seem to just come over time, like the master ___ roles, and the damage one should come over time...

as far as the collect all weapons i was worried about this one, but it seems easier than i assumed *i expected something like cross edge* and i guess you can wonder around in post game collecting/doing tasks so 1 playthough should be all required

the only trophy that could/could not be hard is the very last trophy "beat the final boss 5 stars" then again all but 2 fights so far ive pulled off a 5...

as i keep saying, people need to stop thinking that hard, and time are related = this game might take 85 or so hours to plat and is easily achieveable without being fluent in japanese *as long as you can match pics, and use some common sense + dont mind asking a question or 2*

I hope this helps...

Is this some sort of joke?

Final Fantasy games have never been that hard, and even when it gets tough, it's difficulty is wained as you further develop your characters through grinding - just like every other RPG out there. While I admit that this game will take a long time to Platinum and that the time taken should be considered in its difficulty rating, there is no way this game will be a 10 for difficulty.

I predict an 7-8 on this one, with 140-160 hours to attain your Platinum. We'll see soon enough anyway! I'm sure there's a few avid fans that have already imported, and a few I bet are well on their way to gaining theirs that can share some info with us.

youre almost right there they are kinda challenging at times. and the dark Aeons in ffx was hard as hæll

So are all of the Secret Trophies Bronze? I would at least expect a Gold for beating the game.

@ yoshi:

Im dead serious... what is to be taken lightly in what i said? if most arnt misable and dont require huge ammounts of effort why should it be higher? ive had no issues in fighting thus far post game might be harder but realistically its just not that hard.

as far as the secrets...

14 or so are bronze *not all of them are listed*

4 or so are silver

2 are gold perhaps more but i doubt it

Many japanese gamers report on message boards that FF13 is the hardest FF game ever. So this should be a hard platinum. Guys please don't rate the game until you've played it.

The above quote seems to indicate that a lot of Japanese gamers are not finding FFXIII to be easy, to say the least about a comparative "4" rating.

@ yoshi:

Im dead serious... what is to be taken lightly in what i said? if most arnt misable and dont require huge ammounts of effort why should it be higher? ive had no issues in fighting thus far post game might be harder but realistically its just not that hard.

That's why I asked if your rating was a joke. But if you've completed the game and have the Platinum and you still feel the game is worth a "4" then I'll believe you.

The above quote seems to indicate that a lot of Japanese gamers are not finding FFXIII to be easy, to say the least about a comparative "4" rating.

That's why I asked if your rating was a joke. But if you've completed the game and have the Platinum and you still feel the game is worth a "4" then I'll believe you.

im not gonna argue with you all day... but you can take my comment 1 of 3 ways

A) the person you quoted saying that, doesnt know ____ about this game and just uses their comments. *i recall demons souls being the hardest game known to man kind prior to the US release when everyone relised it wasnt hard you just had to either get it or move on...*

So far i agree its the hardest, you want to know why? your level is fixed, you cant just grind for 10 hours and beat the game in your sleep. Does this actually make the game any harder? not really, just requires you to actually understand it, which isn't too hard since they based the game off if this new system... also if you die you just restart prior to that fight... =P

B) you can take my comment, as my comment and remember that skill will also be a factor in whatever someone says... I recall people were giving tekken 6 a "4" though its more of a 5 - 6 game... this could be because their more skilled at tekken, or im less skilled. you have to remember as long as i give a justified reason for anything, i have a right to it! I didn't question anyone else, i didn't comment on anyone elses comments, i just mentioned time =/= hard because i get sick of seeing games like Dragon ball raging blast getting a 9 just because you cant do it in 10 hours =\

C) ignore me, like most people do, online or in real life and move on with your days.

All great choices really =3

im not gonna argue with you all day... but you can take my comment 1 of 3 ways

A) the person you quoted saying that, doesnt know ____ about this game and just uses their comments. *i recall demons souls being the hardest game known to man kind prior to the US release when everyone relised it wasnt hard you just had to either get it or move on...*

So far i agree its the hardest, you want to know why? your level is fixed, you cant just grind for 10 hours and beat the game in your sleep. Does this actually make the game any harder? not really, just requires you to actually understand it, which isn't too hard since they based the game off if this new system... also if you die you just restart prior to that fight... =P

B) you can take my comment, as my comment and remember that skill will also be a factor in whatever someone says... I recall people were giving tekken 6 a "4" though its more of a 5 - 6 game... this could be because their more skilled at tekken, or im less skilled. you have to remember as long as i give a justified reason for anything, i have a right to it! I didn't question anyone else, i didn't comment on anyone elses comments, i just mentioned time =/= hard because i get sick of seeing games like Dragon ball raging blast getting a 9 just because you cant do it in 10 hours =

C) ignore me, like most people do, online or in real life and move on with your days.

All great choices really =3

I'm not arguing with anyone but I'll post my opinions and comments regardless.

Do you have the Platinum in FFXIII? Yes or No?

If your answer is "No" then everything you just posted loses all credibility.

@ yoshi:

14 or so are bronze *not all of them are listed*

4 or so are silver

2 are gold perhaps more but i doubt it

If you beaten the plat, wouldnt you know the amount of gold and silver trophies? Sounds a bit fishy when you "think" there is 2 gold trophies around and doubt there would be more?

Just me? :whistle:

I'm not arguing with anyone but I'll post my opinions and comments regardless.

Do you have the Platinum in FFXIII? Yes or No?

If your answer is "No" then everything you just posted loses all credibility.

I got to ask now... you need to have the plat to have a opinion? or have the plat to justify why i said 4 and you questioned me?

I dont see how unnamed "japanese gamers" have more creditability for the difficulty than myself... No i dont have the plat but i got 19 hours in the game, i think thats more than enough to know how hard it is. in my first post, i even posted opinions twords the only hard looking trophies... getting 5 stars on the final boss could be an insane task, and i would perhaps up it to a 5, but realistically from what ive seen its not that difficult to plat in the least...

i mean if we go off the japanese people, this is also the worst final fantasy... but dont these people come with any big release period? some people complain that its too hard, some people complain that its a disapointment for reasons that are just silly... etc

as far as having the plat, when was it required to justify a comment, and or said that i had it?

I got to ask now... you need to have the plat to have a opinion? or have the plat to justify why i said 4 and you questioned me?

I dont see how unnamed "japanese gamers" have more creditability for the difficulty than myself... No i dont have the plat but i got 19 hours in the game, i think thats more than enough to know how hard it is. in my first post, i even posted opinions twords the only hard looking trophies... getting 5 stars on the final boss could be an insane task, and i would perhaps up it to a 5, but realistically from what ive seen its not that difficult to plat in the least...

i mean if we go off the japanese people, this is also the worst final fantasy... but dont these people come with any big release period? some people complain that its too hard, some people complain that its a disapointment for reasons that are just silly... etc

as far as having the plat, when was it required to justify a comment, and or said that i had it?

I disagree. The difficulty of any game could change suddenly and at any time depending on the circumstances as you're progressing through it.

I recommend that you hop back over to Page 1 and take another look at the very first post made by Funky and review the voting guidelines.

This thread is not for opinions on difficulty as you're progressing through the game. It's for your rating of the Platinum trophy upon obtaining it.

It clearly says "Platinum Difficulty Rating" and "Do not vote based on how the trophies look" with the latter statement referring to those who decide to rate a game a "4" with only 19 hours into it without having obtained the Platinum.

When you do get the Platinum for FFXIII I'll accept your "4" rating with a little more respect but until then, I'm done with this debate.

You do know that the story is supposed to be 85 hours long right?

19 hours is not enough time to say its easy as pie.

Considering that one of those secret trophies might be beating the superbosses (ie dark aeons in FFX or something like the arena).

Thats why you are supposed to have platinum before you vote. :)

I disagree. The difficulty of any game could change suddenly and at any time depending on the circumstances as you're progressing through it.

I recommend that you hop back over to Page 1 and take another look at the very first post made by Funky and review the voting guidelines.

This thread is not for opinions on difficulty as you're progressing through the game. It's for your rating of the Platinum trophy upon obtaining it.

It clearly says "Platinum Difficulty Rating" and "Do not vote based on how the trophies look" with the latter statement referring to those who decide to rate a game a "4" with only 19 hours into it without having obtained the Platinum.

When you do get the Platinum for FFXIII I'll accept your "4" rating with a little more respect but until then, I'm done with this debate.

from page 1

"Voting Guidelines

1. DO NOT rate a game unless you have actually played it. Don't place a vote based on how the trophies look. Remember, everyone thought "Mirror's Edge" would be easy based on how the trophies looked.

2. Don't rate a game unless you've put some time into it.

3. Remember, time consuming does not always equal difficult. "Warhawk" is time consuming and difficult. "Resistance 2" is time consuming, but not difficult at all.

4. Vote honestly. "

1) Yes, i have. you can look at my trophies and see it.

2) i believe 17 hours if sometime, atleast unless this time which is more than enough to plat a LOT of games.

3) i gave it a 4, and even said in my post that i didnt think it was hard just long.

4) im fighting for my right to this opinion so i think thats honest.

I voted based off how i saw the plat being, Ive gotten 5 stars and had 2 party members die... I fail to believe that its that hard, nor do i believe i should have to have 1 trophy to decide how i see the others. also the rule says "ies" meaning more than 1, where as i only judged one.

but since everyone seems to feel i have to have the plat to vote *a rule ive yet to see inforced on anyone else nor posted, and ive given reasons for it being lower, explained why its harder, and keep reinforcing my opinion*

Since my opinion isnt wanted here, this will also be my final post *thank you yoshi_girl* I dont see why i have to explain in great deal why i felt it was a ___ I dont see why i can go say Disgaea is a 5/10 trophy and no one cared, but i say FF is a 4/10 and everyone makes a big deal about it and add's in rules that dont exist.

Good day.

Although I don't personally agree with placing a vote without first attaining a Platinum, you make a valid point, admiralvic. You are within your forum rights to vote according to those guidelines... which says to me they should probably be amended, but that's another matter.

I could sit and rate Wipeout a 4 based on playing the game for 10 hours with little difficulty attaining the first 70% of trophies. However, I would have yet to attempt the 2 or 3 trophies that are so notoriously hard, that they alone bring the game up to a 9-10 difficulty rating.

At the end of the day, you just don't know what it entails to get a trophy until you actually have it, or at least have put a lot of effort into getting it and are almost there.