XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > F (PS3) > Final Fantasy XIII

View Poll Results: Rate the trophy difficulty...
1 - Very Easy 17 1.70%
2 5 0.50%
3 31 3.11%
4 68 6.81%
5 142 14.23%
6 203 20.34%
7 250 25.05%
8 149 14.93%
9 56 5.61%
10 - Very Hard 77 7.72%
Voters: 998. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2009, 11:59 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi_Girl View Post
I'm not arguing with anyone but I'll post my opinions and comments regardless.

Do you have the Platinum in FFXIII? Yes or No?

If your answer is "No" then everything you just posted loses all credibility.
I got to ask now... you need to have the plat to have a opinion? or have the plat to justify why i said 4 and you questioned me?

I dont see how unnamed "japanese gamers" have more creditability for the difficulty than myself... No i dont have the plat but i got 19 hours in the game, i think thats more than enough to know how hard it is. in my first post, i even posted opinions twords the only hard looking trophies... getting 5 stars on the final boss could be an insane task, and i would perhaps up it to a 5, but realistically from what ive seen its not that difficult to plat in the least...

i mean if we go off the japanese people, this is also the worst final fantasy... but dont these people come with any big release period? some people complain that its too hard, some people complain that its a disapointment for reasons that are just silly... etc

as far as having the plat, when was it required to justify a comment, and or said that i had it?
admiralvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:15 AM   #22 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Silver Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission   Bright Idea!   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralvic View Post
I got to ask now... you need to have the plat to have a opinion? or have the plat to justify why i said 4 and you questioned me?

I dont see how unnamed "japanese gamers" have more creditability for the difficulty than myself... No i dont have the plat but i got 19 hours in the game, i think thats more than enough to know how hard it is. in my first post, i even posted opinions twords the only hard looking trophies... getting 5 stars on the final boss could be an insane task, and i would perhaps up it to a 5, but realistically from what ive seen its not that difficult to plat in the least...

i mean if we go off the japanese people, this is also the worst final fantasy... but dont these people come with any big release period? some people complain that its too hard, some people complain that its a disapointment for reasons that are just silly... etc

as far as having the plat, when was it required to justify a comment, and or said that i had it?
I disagree. The difficulty of any game could change suddenly and at any time depending on the circumstances as you're progressing through it.

I recommend that you hop back over to Page 1 and take another look at the very first post made by Funky and review the voting guidelines.

This thread is not for opinions on difficulty as you're progressing through the game. It's for your rating of the Platinum trophy upon obtaining it.

It clearly says "Platinum Difficulty Rating" and "Do not vote based on how the trophies look" with the latter statement referring to those who decide to rate a game a "4" with only 19 hours into it without having obtained the Platinum.

When you do get the Platinum for FFXIII I'll accept your "4" rating with a little more respect but until then, I'm done with this debate.
Yoshi_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:17 AM   #23 (permalink)

You do know that the story is supposed to be 85 hours long right?

19 hours is not enough time to say its easy as pie.

Considering that one of those secret trophies might be beating the superbosses (ie dark aeons in FFX or something like the arena).

Thats why you are supposed to have platinum before you vote.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:28 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi_Girl View Post
I disagree. The difficulty of any game could change suddenly and at any time depending on the circumstances as you're progressing through it.

I recommend that you hop back over to Page 1 and take another look at the very first post made by Funky and review the voting guidelines.

This thread is not for opinions on difficulty as you're progressing through the game. It's for your rating of the Platinum trophy upon obtaining it.

It clearly says "Platinum Difficulty Rating" and "Do not vote based on how the trophies look" with the latter statement referring to those who decide to rate a game a "4" with only 19 hours into it without having obtained the Platinum.

When you do get the Platinum for FFXIII I'll accept your "4" rating with a little more respect but until then, I'm done with this debate.
from page 1

"Voting Guidelines
1. DO NOT rate a game unless you have actually played it. Don't place a vote based on how the trophies look. Remember, everyone thought "Mirror's Edge" would be easy based on how the trophies looked.
2. Don't rate a game unless you've put some time into it.
3. Remember, time consuming does not always equal difficult. "Warhawk" is time consuming and difficult. "Resistance 2" is time consuming, but not difficult at all.
4. Vote honestly. "

1) Yes, i have. you can look at my trophies and see it.
2) i believe 17 hours if sometime, atleast unless this time which is more than enough to plat a LOT of games.
3) i gave it a 4, and even said in my post that i didnt think it was hard just long.
4) im fighting for my right to this opinion so i think thats honest.

I voted based off how i saw the plat being, Ive gotten 5 stars and had 2 party members die... I fail to believe that its that hard, nor do i believe i should have to have 1 trophy to decide how i see the others. also the rule says "ies" meaning more than 1, where as i only judged one.

but since everyone seems to feel i have to have the plat to vote *a rule ive yet to see inforced on anyone else nor posted, and ive given reasons for it being lower, explained why its harder, and keep reinforcing my opinion*

Since my opinion isnt wanted here, this will also be my final post *thank you yoshi_girl* I dont see why i have to explain in great deal why i felt it was a ___ I dont see why i can go say Disgaea is a 5/10 trophy and no one cared, but i say FF is a 4/10 and everyone makes a big deal about it and add's in rules that dont exist.

Good day.
admiralvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:57 AM   #25 (permalink)

Although I don't personally agree with placing a vote without first attaining a Platinum, you make a valid point, admiralvic. You are within your forum rights to vote according to those guidelines... which says to me they should probably be amended, but that's another matter.

I could sit and rate Wipeout a 4 based on playing the game for 10 hours with little difficulty attaining the first 70% of trophies. However, I would have yet to attempt the 2 or 3 trophies that are so notoriously hard, that they alone bring the game up to a 9-10 difficulty rating.

At the end of the day, you just don't know what it entails to get a trophy until you actually have it, or at least have put a lot of effort into getting it and are almost there.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:31 AM   #26 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thali View Post
At the end of the day, you just don't know what it entails to get a trophy until you actually have it, or at least have put a lot of effort into getting it and are almost there.
This is actually the most important part. Many people dont have the platinum in Wipeout but can still rate it a 9 in good conscious because they have tried beating Zico hundreds of times and failed. They dont technically have the platinum, but have a good idea regarding the skill needed to obtain said platinum. However, only going through 20% of the game and not even knowing the full trophy list doesnt provide you enough knowledge to make an educated vote on this game.

You can vote on the first 19 hours, but then again do you expect the first 19 hours of a 85+ hour campaign to be all that difficult? I havent played the game but I am sure a majority of that time is setting up the story, character relationships, teaching you the ins and outs of the game/controls, etc. By saying you have "put some time into it" that is relative. Putting 20 hours into a potential 100 hour game isnt the same as putting 20 hours into Eat Lead.

What it comes down to is you shouldnt vote unless you have achieved every trophy, or attempted every trophy and failed at it. At the very least you should have completed the game at least one time and know what it will take to clean up the rest of the trophies.

However, from here on out that is enough regarding the discussion of your vote. It is a circular argument that is going no where, and everybody makes good points. Come back and prove everyone wrong when you actually get the platinum, but until then thats enough of this

Trophy Card and Trophy Case in spoiler tag
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
mycuccismells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:26 AM   #27 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

I think the length of the game adds to a game's difficulty, although a lot of people disagree with me on this. A 40 hour game weighs much more heavily on someone than a 10 hour game does, and that 10 hour game will get you the same amount of Trophies in a much quicker amount of time.

I'd say a game like this with it's time frame is a minimum of a 6 given the time investment alone.

NOTE: I don't have this game yet, and I haven't voted either. I'm just stating a general opinion about Trophy difficulty in relation to how much time it takes to get a lot of the Trophies in a game.
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:02 AM   #28 (permalink)

the voting rules need to be changed but at the same time the votes are anonymous and no proof is needed before you vote. i think you should have the platinum before voting so you've actually gone through the process of collecting all trophies and are aware of easy/difficult ones.
that being said with the current regulations Admiralvic hasn't done anything wrong. just look at the plat rating for farcry 2, bad company and warhawk, each has around 150 votes bit i doubt there's that many forum users with platinums for those games.
the famitsu reviews were saying how the game is very linear till the half way point so it may be easy first up but then difficult in the end, still the rules don't say MUST HAVE PLATINUMED. so admiralvic you've let your opinion be known and thanks for the info, eveyone baggin him should ease up and take a potion.

i really don't care how hard this game is and im sure most fans of the series won't either but im certainly jealous of the people with it already.

DigitalPunk- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:03 AM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Ryanmushr00ms

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralvic View Post
from page 1

"Voting Guidelines
1. DO NOT rate a game unless you have actually played it. Don't place a vote based on how the trophies look. Remember, everyone thought "Mirror's Edge" would be easy based on how the trophies looked.
2. Don't rate a game unless you've put some time into it.
3. Remember, time consuming does not always equal difficult. "Warhawk" is time consuming and difficult. "Resistance 2" is time consuming, but not difficult at all.
4. Vote honestly. "

1) Yes, i have. you can look at my trophies and see it.
2) i believe 17 hours if sometime, atleast unless this time which is more than enough to plat a LOT of games.
3) i gave it a 4, and even said in my post that i didnt think it was hard just long.
4) im fighting for my right to this opinion so i think thats honest.

I voted based off how i saw the plat being, Ive gotten 5 stars and had 2 party members die... I fail to believe that its that hard, nor do i believe i should have to have 1 trophy to decide how i see the others. also the rule says "ies" meaning more than 1, where as i only judged one.

but since everyone seems to feel i have to have the plat to vote *a rule ive yet to see inforced on anyone else nor posted, and ive given reasons for it being lower, explained why its harder, and keep reinforcing my opinion*

Since my opinion isnt wanted here, this will also be my final post *thank you yoshi_girl* I dont see why i have to explain in great deal why i felt it was a ___ I dont see why i can go say Disgaea is a 5/10 trophy and no one cared, but i say FF is a 4/10 and everyone makes a big deal about it and add's in rules that dont exist.

Good day.
just cuz u put 17 hours into it doesnt mean much either, its going to be a long game, when i played ffX and my first fight against seymour with the guards, i was stuck on that for months, and that was pretty much a little before the middle of the game.
u should play a little longer before voting, at least finish the story or get more than halfway, are there any final fantasy games u got every single weapon and accessory in? remember the ultimate weapons in X? the zodiac spear which is missable and would completely require a second playthrough to get that one specific weapon?

not arguing with you, just stating my opinion lol.
if u think its a 4, then thats what u say, im just going to assume ull have the platinum really really soon.

Download my modnation creations please <3 it would help me tons. send me a message if you wanna d4d so i can hook up my internet.

Blank friend requests will be deleted.

Metal Gear Solid 3

Ryanmushr00ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #30 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobii View Post
If you beaten the plat, wouldnt you know the amount of gold and silver trophies ? Sounds a bit fishy when you "think" there is 2 gold trophies around and doubt there would be more ?
That's what I was about to reply. Rating a game 4 without even knowing the full trophy list is curious
Please Sign the White Knight Chronicles 2 petition

superpj is offline   Reply With Quote