XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > F (PS3) > Final Fantasy XIII

View Poll Results: Rate the trophy difficulty...
1 - Very Easy 17 1.70%
2 5 0.50%
3 31 3.11%
4 68 6.81%
5 142 14.23%
6 203 20.34%
7 250 25.05%
8 149 14.93%
9 56 5.61%
10 - Very Hard 77 7.72%
Voters: 998. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2009, 07:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
XJF

Send a message via MSN to XJF

I'm in chapter 5 right now.
I have no clue what's going on story-wise. I'm 8 hours in and only have 4 trophies, all of which are story-related.

Feel free to import. You only need to look up a guide on how the Chrystarium system works to be able to do decently well.

As for the person asking for info on the FFIV beta code. The code can be used for the beta and for a special item that will be redeemable at launch of the final game.

XJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #12 (permalink)

I voted 4, a lot of the ??? trophies arnt missable IE...

finish the chocobo quest
beat story mission X
beat speciality mission X
a lot of the trophies seem to just come over time, like the master ___ roles, and the damage one should come over time...
as far as the collect all weapons i was worried about this one, but it seems easier than i assumed *i expected something like cross edge* and i guess you can wonder around in post game collecting/doing tasks so 1 playthough should be all required

the only trophy that could/could not be hard is the very last trophy "beat the final boss 5 stars" then again all but 2 fights so far ive pulled off a 5...

as i keep saying, people need to stop thinking that hard, and time are related =\ this game might take 85 or so hours to plat and is easily achieveable without being fluent in japanese *as long as you can match pics, and use some common sense + dont mind asking a question or 2*

I hope this helps...
admiralvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Silver Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission   Bright Idea!   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralvic View Post
I voted 4, a lot of the ??? trophies arnt missable IE...

finish the chocobo quest
beat story mission X
beat speciality mission X
a lot of the trophies seem to just come over time, like the master ___ roles, and the damage one should come over time...
as far as the collect all weapons i was worried about this one, but it seems easier than i assumed *i expected something like cross edge* and i guess you can wonder around in post game collecting/doing tasks so 1 playthough should be all required

the only trophy that could/could not be hard is the very last trophy "beat the final boss 5 stars" then again all but 2 fights so far ive pulled off a 5...

as i keep saying, people need to stop thinking that hard, and time are related = this game might take 85 or so hours to plat and is easily achieveable without being fluent in japanese *as long as you can match pics, and use some common sense + dont mind asking a question or 2*

I hope this helps...
Is this some sort of joke?
Yoshi_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Gold   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thali View Post
Final Fantasy games have never been that hard, and even when it gets tough, it's difficulty is wained as you further develop your characters through grinding - just like every other RPG out there. While I admit that this game will take a long time to Platinum and that the time taken should be considered in its difficulty rating, there is no way this game will be a 10 for difficulty.

I predict an 7-8 on this one, with 140-160 hours to attain your Platinum. We'll see soon enough anyway! I'm sure there's a few avid fans that have already imported, and a few I bet are well on their way to gaining theirs that can share some info with us.
youre almost right there they are kinda challenging at times. and the dark Aeons in ffx was hard as hæll

Made by ESYLD

Tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

So are all of the Secret Trophies Bronze? I would at least expect a Gold for beating the game.
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBroly View Post
So are all of the Secret Trophies Bronze? I would at least expect a Gold for beating the game.
@ yoshi:

Im dead serious... what is to be taken lightly in what i said? if most arnt misable and dont require huge ammounts of effort why should it be higher? ive had no issues in fighting thus far post game might be harder but realistically its just not that hard.

as far as the secrets...

14 or so are bronze *not all of them are listed*
4 or so are silver
2 are gold perhaps more but i doubt it
Old 12-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Silver Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission   Bright Idea!   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpj View Post
Many japanese gamers report on message boards that FF13 is the hardest FF game ever. So this should be a hard platinum. Guys please don't rate the game until you've played it.
The above quote seems to indicate that a lot of Japanese gamers are not finding FFXIII to be easy, to say the least about a comparative "4" rating.

Quote:
@ yoshi:

Im dead serious... what is to be taken lightly in what i said? if most arnt misable and dont require huge ammounts of effort why should it be higher? ive had no issues in fighting thus far post game might be harder but realistically its just not that hard.
That's why I asked if your rating was a joke. But if you've completed the game and have the Platinum and you still feel the game is worth a "4" then I'll believe you.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi_Girl View Post
The above quote seems to indicate that a lot of Japanese gamers are not finding FFXIII to be easy, to say the least about a comparative "4" rating.

That's why I asked if your rating was a joke. But if you've completed the game and have the Platinum and you still feel the game is worth a "4" then I'll believe you.
im not gonna argue with you all day... but you can take my comment 1 of 3 ways

A) the person you quoted saying that, doesnt know ____ about this game and just uses their comments. *i recall demons souls being the hardest game known to man kind prior to the US release when everyone relised it wasnt hard you just had to either get it or move on...*

So far i agree its the hardest, you want to know why? your level is fixed, you cant just grind for 10 hours and beat the game in your sleep. Does this actually make the game any harder? not really, just requires you to actually understand it, which isn't too hard since they based the game off if this new system... also if you die you just restart prior to that fight... =P

B) you can take my comment, as my comment and remember that skill will also be a factor in whatever someone says... I recall people were giving tekken 6 a "4" though its more of a 5 - 6 game... this could be because their more skilled at tekken, or im less skilled. you have to remember as long as i give a justified reason for anything, i have a right to it! I didn't question anyone else, i didn't comment on anyone elses comments, i just mentioned time =/= hard because i get sick of seeing games like Dragon ball raging blast getting a 9 just because you cant do it in 10 hours =\

C) ignore me, like most people do, online or in real life and move on with your days.

All great choices really =3
Old 12-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
im not gonna argue with you all day... but you can take my comment 1 of 3 ways

A) the person you quoted saying that, doesnt know ____ about this game and just uses their comments. *i recall demons souls being the hardest game known to man kind prior to the US release when everyone relised it wasnt hard you just had to either get it or move on...*

So far i agree its the hardest, you want to know why? your level is fixed, you cant just grind for 10 hours and beat the game in your sleep. Does this actually make the game any harder? not really, just requires you to actually understand it, which isn't too hard since they based the game off if this new system... also if you die you just restart prior to that fight... =P

B) you can take my comment, as my comment and remember that skill will also be a factor in whatever someone says... I recall people were giving tekken 6 a "4" though its more of a 5 - 6 game... this could be because their more skilled at tekken, or im less skilled. you have to remember as long as i give a justified reason for anything, i have a right to it! I didn't question anyone else, i didn't comment on anyone elses comments, i just mentioned time =/= hard because i get sick of seeing games like Dragon ball raging blast getting a 9 just because you cant do it in 10 hours =

C) ignore me, like most people do, online or in real life and move on with your days.

All great choices really =3
I'm not arguing with anyone but I'll post my opinions and comments regardless.

Do you have the Platinum in FFXIII? Yes or No?

If your answer is "No" then everything you just posted loses all credibility.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
@ yoshi:
14 or so are bronze *not all of them are listed*
4 or so are silver
2 are gold perhaps more but i doubt it
If you beaten the plat, wouldnt you know the amount of gold and silver trophies? Sounds a bit fishy when you "think" there is 2 gold trophies around and doubt there would be more?

Just me?