Long Gui Under 5 minutes

The critical part of this, and this is pretty much a one time only method, is that you must have an Elixir. There is only one found in the game, but if you didn't get rid of your Doctor's Codes, then you can fully upgrade it, then break it down and tah-da, Elixir.

I did it with Vanille (leader), Sazh, and Fang (Lightning will do in this role also.)

You must have at least 3 TP before starting.

Now you can either start SEN/SEN/SEN (Paradigm 1) and summon Vanille's Eidolon after Long gui's Ultima/Quake attack, or go with SYN/SYN/RAV (2) and summon the Eidolon IMMEDIATELY. You must be fast, or you die. Either method will work because Long Gui won't be attacking again anyway.

You will also need:

SAB/SYN/RAV (3)

SAB/RAV/RAV (4)

SAB/COM/COM (5)

MED/MED/MED (6,if needed)

1. Switch to SYN/SYN/RAV before summoning Hecatoncheir.

2. As soon as Long Gui is staggered, cast Faithra and Bravera on Vanille.

3. Swap to (3) and cast Poison on Long Gui. DO THIS UNTIL IT STICKS!!!!

4. Cast Deshell, Deprotect, Imperil on Long Gui. Try to get this to stick! Whenever they stick, start casting Death EVERY TIME. It will be the only spell you cast except to buff/debuff.

5. At this point, Hecatoncheir's gauge should be close to done and your buddies come back. Sazh will cast Haste first, then he'll likely cast Enfire. Wait until he has at least put Haste on everyone. TAKE THE ELIXIR AT THIS STAGE TO REPLENISH TP GAUGE!!!!!

6. Swap to (4) to start filling Chain Gauge. Swap to either (2) or (3) to buff/debuff as needed.

7. Swap to (5) and lay waste upon Long Gui.

Eventually he'll stand back up. That is why you took the Elixir. Summon Hecatoncheir again, repeat the above steps. I took Long Gui down in 3 minutes, 42 seconds. All my characters were LEVEL 10 on all paradigms and I had the maxed Nirvana wand made from the Marlboro Wand (Improved Debuffing).

If you want to take all your Doctor's Code and make three Elixirs, this fight becomes brutally easy.