How long did you play?

SerpentSeed

• 1 month later...

I got the platinum in 94 hours, 37 minutes. Main thing I did was just keep replaying whatever Cieth mission it was to get the golden egg with the 2X CP, farm the Sacrifices (i think) to amass gil, and used an easy strategy to beat the Shalong Gui. Beat him in a little under 4 minutes. After that, it was just some grinding to get the materials to get all the accessories/weapons. If anyone is interested, I have a checklist I made up for treasure hunter. It not only lists all the accessories, but also shows which ones can be bought and what the upgrade tree is for each item. If anyone is interested, send me a message or look where I posted it elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it took me about two years to get the plat. Played the game to 'story' completion in about a month. Came back a year later to finish off the Stone Quests and collect most of the other trophies. Ten months after that I made a crack at the Treasure Hunter trophy and got that after about two weeks.

No idea about the actual play time XD

I'm really close to obtaining the platinum, only things left is to have all the T2 weapons and I'll finally have the Treasure Hunter trophy.

Things went a lot faster since I went for Adamantoise farming instead of Long Guis, they're way faster to kill giving more platinum ingots :)

My game clock said 120 hours but there were several times when I let the game idle for an hour or two while eating dinner or something. So I would guess probably around 110 hours.

I went the route of farming all necessary trapezohedrons which took probably around 8 hours total, if I recall correctly. Although it's a long plat, that was really the only part that dragged for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...