Final Boss Glitch?/Super Star Trophy

finalfortesy

Hello all, I recently booted up this game after having not played it in a year or more. I figured I'd try to do some trophy hunting.

Anyway, I found my save file right before the final boss so I figured I would go for the Super Star Trophy.

I make it to the final form and beat him in about 1:40. But I get 0 stars and it says the target time is 12 seconds!!! Is that even possible? How fast am I supposed to beat this guy to get 5 stars?

Thanks!

Hello all, I recently booted up this game after having not played it in a year or more. I figured I'd try to do some trophy hunting.

Anyway, I found my save file right before the final boss so I figured I would go for the Super Star Trophy.

I make it to the final form and beat him in about 1:40. But I get 0 stars and it says the target time is 12 seconds!!! Is that even possible? How fast am I supposed to beat this guy to get 5 stars?

Thanks!

the target is based your equipment and it's levels

the higher level and rank equipment you have, the smaller the target time.

I'm no expert on the subject, try using weaker (or lower level) weapons.

12 seconds is indeed INSANE...

To start with, it's recommended you obtain the Gold Watch accessory if you don't have it already. You obtain this for beating Cie'th Stone Mission #64. Score is irrelevant. You simply must finish the mission.

Wearing the Gold Watch, the time required to get a five-star is made much more lenient.

I still remember what I did to get (G) Superstar about three years ago. Make sure your leader is Fang, with preferably Lightning as your second ally and anyone as your third (preferably a good Ravager though). Have Fang wearing a Genji Glove, which allows her to exceed max ATK. Have the following paradigms:

• RAV/RAV/RAV
  • COM/COM/COM

Start off the battle immediately by debuffing with Deprotect and Deshell, to reduce his physical and magical resistance respectively, and Imperil, to make Staggering faster and reducing his resistance to elemental attacks. As soon as these debuffs are on him, switch to RAV/RAV/RAV and go crazy with magic attacks to Stagger him quickly (which shouldn't take too long). You could also use RAV/RAV/COM so that Fang and Lightning can work on his Stagger whereas the last ally can work on his HP. Once he's Staggered, keep attacking with magic offensive to drive the chain up to 700.0+, then immediately switch to paradigm COM/COM/COM to go crazy attacking him. Try to use some of Fang's best offensive attacks like Highwind to deal colossal, fatal amounts of damage.

This is what I used to get (G) Superstar and managed to do so in one go.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. My characters are about as maxed out as possible, including weapons/accessories. Once I re-equipped some weaker weapons I tried again. This time I beat him in 1:09 with a goal of 1:35...but got FOUR stars! Curses!!! Yeah I'll go get that gold watch and try again later... hmph...

• 1 month later...

I got 5 stars on my first try, like it was the easiest of all bosses, so I was quite surprised.

I used Lightning/Fang/Hope and started with:

- MED/SAB/SYN til all 3 chars were charged up with 6 powerups and then switched to

- RAV/COM/RAV til it got past the limit and kept it on til the 800% mark, and finished it off with

- COM/COM/RAV.

- Occasionally used MED/SEN/MED when necessary.

superquick!

Edited by GiGGi1975