Most annoying boss in FFXIII missions?

Most annoying boss in FFXIII missions?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Most annoying boss in FFXIII missions?

• Attacus
    • Adamantortoise
    • Gigantuar
    • Humbaba
    • Neochu
    • Raktavija
    • Tonberry
    • Vercingetorix
    • Zirnitra
    • others (please specify)

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely the double raktavija battle in mission 62. Even with maxed out crystariums they can easily kick your ass with their sick magic dmg. I was able to 5-star the mission on my 1st try,but only because I was prepared well.

I didn't find vercingetorix to be that hard, at least with maxed out crystariums. He's a though boss alright,but since he's so vulnerable to poison,even slightly weaker parties can handle him by just inflicting poison and then switching to defensive paradigms. Of course the raktavija could also be killed with less-developed characters,but it would still be a lot harder. The vercingetorix mission is a bit harder to 5-star though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Raktavija without a doubt. No matter what I did I just could not 5 star them. I 5 starred Neochu with a little luck, Gigantaur after a few attempts and Vercingetorix the first time I managed to kill him (fourth battle lol).

When I went back to the Raktavija after beating Vercingetorix and equipping the Gold Watch, I got the final star straight away. Yays.

Edited by MistressFortune
I can't spell D:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Raktavija without a doubt. No matter what I did I just could not 5 star them. I 5 starred Neochu with a little luck, Gigantaur after a few attempts and Vercingetorix the first time I managed to kill him (fourth battle lol).

When I went back to the Raktavija after beating Vercingetorix and equipping the Gold Watch, I got the final star straight away. Yays.

Raktavija was really easy. At least I thought so just use relentless assault and go to tri tower when your commando gets its first attack on one.

I find many of the bosses quit annoying but il tell about it tomorrow :p.

Personally, I found the two Raktavijas difficult but not annoying. In fact it was one of the most enjoyable battles in the game for me. I felt similarly about Vercingetorix.

Going strictly by annoyance, I voted for Gigantuar but also considered Zirnitra. Zirnitra because of the constant debuffs he hits you with, especially Slow. Gigantuar because he hits hard and takes forever unless you happen to land a random instant chain.

Neochu may be up there as well but I'm not sure. That is the one boss that I never fought straight up, only beat him by Death.

• 1 month later...

This is my second run at platinum.

I'd say Attacus. He hits hard and has good defence and doesn't seem to be able to be provoked.

Vercingetorix is easy. Just debuff, poison and SEN/MED/SEN for the whole battle until he dies from poison. Not easy to ***** though.

Shaolong gui is a pain in the ass when it is close to dying. Ultima->Bay->Stomp in rapid succession is tough to withstand. It can still kick my arse with a maxed crystarium.

Edited by Furious Gargoyle

You should have seen it perform 10 Bay in a row. It only happened to me once and that was my worst nightmare in this game.:mad:

Ouch. :eek:

Ahh yes Bay. Usually rips one out fast when Fang is up smacking it in the face using the Cerberus paradigm. Does 12k damage and daze as well and you can't rapidly switch to Tortoise in time to defend. It's so frustrating :mad:

• 3 months later...

This game definitely knows how to get your confidence up, knocking out one mission after another, since most of them are very doable with a mildly maxed team. Then you start hitting up the ones in the poll and it plummets back down lol. For me, at least.

I do have a bit of pride in that I was finally able to beat Attacus this playthrough, as opposed to my first one at the game's debut. He was the bane of my existence, and since a couple of years or so have made me wiser and more patient, he was a cakewalk this time around with Light, Fang, and Snow.

But Adamantortoise, Gigantaur, and Vercingetorix still rain on my parade. x[ And haven't even touched Raktavijax2 yet, cause I have not so fond memories of that. And one was bad enough in the Titan's trials. e_e

Vercing is understandably impossible for me atm, cause I still have significant leveling to do for everyone (maxing out all roles). I still gave it a shot, since I'd never fought him before (since I couldn't beat Attacus prior), and it was...painful lol. *got to 4 wings before going down* But his system of attack is nearly identical to Yomi's in XIII-2, so ultimately I know how to face it when my party's buffed enough. :)

So I don't necessarily consider him annoying; it's a tie for me between Gigantaur (SEN seems practically useless with him lol) and Rak x 2. I'd rather fight Zirnitra AGAIN, and that's saying something. >_>;

EDIT: Well, after doing some hardcore CP grinding (around 3 mil), I've gotten most of the team well-leveled in all roles. Went back for another round with Vercing, and still got my ass kicked lol. But only because I'm still rough with timing Tortoise correctly. The camera when Wicked Whirl triggers throws me off and I can barely switch before it happens lol.

Hopefully once I worked that kink out I'll finally have him beat. :)

Edited by LadyHUNK

• 1 month later...