I dont understand the missions

DarkByke

Do only certain missions unlock after beating previous ones? Why are some cieth stones different colors? Why do they look active on the map, yet I cannot activate them? Why are some cieth stones laying on the ground dead? Why can't we teleport to certain areas of gran pulse from previously beaten missions??

I'm so confused... is it just bad game design?

I'd like to get Mission 55 done soon so that I can level up faster, but I am told that I need chocobo's in order to access it?? Okay... so how do I get those first of all?

Terrible game design honestly. You would think they would make it so that you level up as you play, and thus once you beat the final boss, that is it, you are now done with the game.

Edited by DarkByke

Certain Cie'th stones do have prerequisites. They are not all unlocked from the beginning. The different colors indicate different types of stones, such as regular stones, teleport stones, etc...

The ones lying on the ground are ones you have not yet unlocked. You'll need to complete other missions in order for these to activate. Also, you can only teleport to Teleport Stones, so if you can't teleport to an area you will need to go there and complete the teleport stone mission.