XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > F (PS3) > Final Fantasy XIII-2

Old 03-10-2012, 04:01 AM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks everybody for the help!

i need money to upgrade my weapons i want to get the best ones, and for the monster materials, i want to level up my monster to the max, i never thought of farming the materials so im going to research to see which monsters drop which.

I found a clever way to win money, in the chocobo races you can get unlimited collector catalogs and they are sold for 11k its not much but its something :P
Ziscariote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Told Ya if you can't be screwed doing the long fights for Gil, the only other option is chocobo racing.

But if you want the money for weapons and monster materials, you'd be better off just finding which enemy drops what you need and going straight to the source.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #13 (permalink)

I can kill Rapastil in 4 mins...not a long fight but you get 100,000 gil if you wear the catalogs...2 fights with them they you can afford the weapons that cost 100,000...
Old 03-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #14 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerjnick View Post
I can kill Rapastil in 4 mins...not a long fight but you get 100,000 gil if you wear the catalogs...2 fights with them they you can afford the weapons that cost 100,000...
Like I said - not very efficient. Raspatil gives many Gil, but you need to take care during the fight even more than against the Don Tomberry - which can also bring you 300000 Gil in no time. Both are easy when you have very good stats and monsters. But I always recommend the way which does not need that much effort. And almost "auto battling" a Don Tomberry is really close to being no effort.

Last edited by Cetra; 03-10-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Cetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemneilson View Post
I personally didn't feel the need to grind for gil on this final fantasy..
Me neither. But for Serendipity half an hour of Gil saving is not bad.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

So i was going for the "Beast Tamer" trophy and realized i can kill Don Tomberry in 30 to 40 seconds so thatīs my new way to get money now

Thanx everyone
Ziscariote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #17 (permalink)

I love how in FFXIII, gil was REALLY hard to come by and you needed a lot of it. In XIII-2 enemies are finally dropping gil at the end of battles, but there's nothing to spend it on! LOL, it'd be EASY to grind out 4 Million + gil in THIS game.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValinAkuji View Post
I love how in FFXIII, gil was REALLY hard to come by and you needed a lot of it. In XIII-2 enemies are finally dropping gil at the end of battles, but there's nothing to spend it on! LOL, it'd be EASY to grind out 4 Million + gil in THIS game.
Totally agree. CP is also really easy to come by. The Rolling In CP Fragment Skill isn't even needed. I'm sure that you can make all of the CP you need doing sidequests alone. I've already filled up the crystarium and still have heaps of sidequests worth 30,000 CP.

I remember on FFXIII, every wished that you could exchange unused CP for Gil... That would be handy...
Old 03-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #19 (permalink)

Location: Collegeville, PA (at least for the next couple of weeks)

If you wanna go for the best monster materials... i've hung out in the Archylte Steppe in the Clearwater Marshes area. I've farmed a ton of different materials from Potent Crystals to a wide array of different essences. I didn't have a real need for mechanical materials, but Academia 500 AF as well as both Augusta Towers drop some nice mechanical materials.

As for the gil issue... ever try fighting the Ochu and Immortal in the Archylte Steppe area??? If you have a durable collector's catalog equipped, these guys will drop some rare stuff that you can sell for some decent gil. But again, I can't think of any reason you need the gil when most of the things that you need are enemy drops.
Lamizzle1219 is offline   Reply With Quote