Advice on monsters to keep permenantly

D_E

i need advice, i have a guide...collector special edition, it SUX

i am tired getting different monsters leveling them up

i am going to episode 4 now, i have red blue purple chocoboes, should i fucos on them?

for sen & med i can change , but i need a fix monsters, plz give advice even if they are not yet with me, ill keep an eye till i get them

Commando:Miniflan/Red Chocobo

Ravager:Bucaboo ace

Sentinel:Silver Chocobo, this is found by throwing mog into the giant green orb in academia 4xx, if your not there yet, you will know it when you see it

Synergist:Yakshini

Saboteur:My weak point, i would probably say black chocobo

Medic:Green Chocobo or Flanitor

Hope this helps if you need me to be more specific with locations just ask

I went with

COM: Tonberry

Rav:Cloudburst

SYN: Yakshini

use youtube video's on how build them up and improve on them little your self. Before you have them. Build your chocs up for the racers silver is the best for racing. Gold is a good COM make sure to only use potent so balance ur abilties up properly.

i am spending the night now to level up, and here what i have:

Red choco 99 (infused= ruinaga)

Purple choco 99 (infusd with yakshini ;) )

Blue choco (91 going now for 99) (infused with ALL elemental magics available)

Silver chco 45max (excelent racer, lost 1 dont know how!!!)

green & black ill develop tomorow, honestly, i feel satisfied with my chocos, so ill stick with them, plus gaining CP & gil while farming, currently should start epi5

I am a few trophies away from plat and the only trophies left for me do not include a lot of battles, to the moment where I am I used Silver Chocobo, Yakshini and Cloudburst. I don't think that you need a medic type monster, both Serah and Noel are great medics on their own. You should check some Chocobo Racing guides and level up only those monsters that can grant your Chocobo some decent skills.

I used a fully Chocobo party. Red, Blue, and Green were almost always in my party once I got them. I only ever brought in Black, Purple, or Silver if a very specific situation demanded it. I found the Chocobos to be incredibly adept, and they can learn so many of the abilities for their classes, I never felt a need to use any other monsters. Also, they just plain look cool.

Also, if you infuse Pack Mentality on your Red and Blue with the Chichu and Nanochu, they become positively beastly with full Chocobo parties.

i did

i now officially have: RED-BLUE-GREEN-BLACK-SILVER all max out with infusions

no more grindings, now to finish episode 4 then story then platinum

edit: all chocoboes maximized ^^

man, after ghetting the fragment skills, leveling up & grinding so easy...unfortunatly i already max my characters before getting it -_-

Edited by D_E

I'm not sure if you have the DLC, but here's what I went with:

COM: Lightning infused with Tonberry (insane strength - 1250+)

RAV: Cloudburst

SEN: Pulse Knight/Gladiator

SYN: Yakshini

SAB: Not too sure, I dont really use saboteurs. I think I used the chocobo though.

MED: Flanitor or Green Chocobo - both are decent healers

Whoah Lightning sounds powerful, I was thinking about getting a few dlcs especially those with optional bosses, since the only thing left for me to do in this game is to get the lucky coin fragment in Serendipity and the get the last paradox ending and I have the platinum

Yeah, the Commando Lightning from the Requiem of the Goddess DLC is my default commando now... Not even Noel can beat her in strength.

The RotG DLC has the official "ending" to FFXIII-2 imo, and it's pretty brainwhacking too.. but the Lightning crystal is definitely worth it for people halfway through the game.

i finished the game , going for 15 fragments now left

honestly, my party was FULL 99 levels (char & chocos) i was afraid i do a mistake but ended 5 staring all final battle, was realy short

but DLC definitly would make things easier

Edit: platinum , game was superb ,better than FF13 (especialy ending... longer)

Edited by D_E

• 5 months later...

Early (and I do mean early) I got Narasimha an upgraded Bohemouth I think. Says rare and I don't know if he is really rare but his is big and powerful for my group. I have barely stepped into episode 4 at this point but he is really good. He's more than double the hp of my main chars.

Plus he looks good with a top hat one. :whistle:

Anyone else use him?