Gil, Gil, GIl!

Ziscariote

Hey guys!, so im trying to get platinium on FFXIII-2 and i cant find a way to get good money, i know killing yomi, don tomberry or Raspatil with durable collectors caltalog its the best way but i cant even upgrade my collectors catalog because i dont have money! and those fight take me FOREVER, son anyone knows any way to start getting some decent gil? maybe i can sell all my accesories?????

THANKS!

Hey guys!, so im trying to get platinium on FFXIII-2 and i cant find a way to get good money, i know killing yomi, don tomberry or Raspatil with durable collectors caltalog its the best way but i cant even upgrade my collectors catalog because i dont have money! and those fight take me FOREVER, son anyone knows any way to start getting some decent gil? maybe i can sell all my accesories?????

THANKS!

What do you need Gil for? I've still got a little bit to go before the plat so maybe I'm missing something? But I haven't had the need for too much Gil just yet.

Anyway, the only assisstance I can offer is Chocobo racing.

Yomi and Don Tonberry are the best sources of Gil that I know of, the next best thing is fighting the Pacos' (Luvulite and Amethyst?) the enemies at the end of the maze in Acedemia 500AF. This is an unrealistic farming opportunity though since you need to seal the gate and start over each time you want to fight them.

So besides those three options, I think the only other thing is racing chocobos and selling any accessories you win. :shrugs: Good luck...

Fighting Raspatil is the most time-efficient way to make money once you know how to approach that fight (if your party is not developed well enough, the fight will take too long and you're better off fighting other enemies), but unless you're really near the very end of the post-game section, you rarely need Gil. Most monster components can be gotten off of grinding certain enemies, so never spend money on them if you can avoid it.

Fighting Raspatil is the most time-efficient way to make money once you know how to approach that fight (if your party is not developed well enough

Even though you really can get a great amount of money in a few minutes by fighting it it is not the most efficient way because you always need to be sure you don't lose control over battle. And against the Don Tomberry this is way easier. In case you don't want more money than you can get from one battle against Attila - okay. But other than that I would never fight a 3 million Hit Points enemy for Gil. It is like with Final Fantasy XIII. Of course you can use many ways of getting Crystal Points easily. But I always recommend the two battling monsters of Archylte because the effort is like 0. And the effort of fighting Don Tomberry is definitely less than that of Attila, even though you have a well trained attacker and all that. But as mentioned - you really can get much money by fighting it. I just would not do it always when saving money. I would take the Don Tomberry.

Edited by Cetra

Thanks everybody for the help!

i need money to upgrade my weapons i want to get the best ones, and for the monster materials, i want to level up my monster to the max, i never thought of farming the materials so im going to research to see which monsters drop which.

I found a clever way to win money, in the chocobo races you can get unlimited collector catalogs and they are sold for 11k its not much but its something :p

I can kill Rapastil in 4 mins...not a long fight but you get 100,000 gil if you wear the catalogs...2 fights with them they you can afford the weapons that cost 100,000...

Like I said - not very efficient. Raspatil gives many Gil, but you need to take care during the fight even more than against the Don Tomberry - which can also bring you 300000 Gil in no time. Both are easy when you have very good stats and monsters. But I always recommend the way which does not need that much effort. And almost "auto battling" a Don Tomberry is really close to being no effort.

Edited by Cetra

I love how in FFXIII, gil was REALLY hard to come by and you needed a lot of it. In XIII-2 enemies are finally dropping gil at the end of battles, but there's nothing to spend it on! LOL, it'd be EASY to grind out 4 Million + gil in THIS game.

Totally agree. CP is also really easy to come by. The Rolling In CP Fragment Skill isn't even needed. I'm sure that you can make all of the CP you need doing sidequests alone. I've already filled up the crystarium and still have heaps of sidequests worth 30,000 CP.

I remember on FFXIII, every wished that you could exchange unused CP for Gil... That would be handy...

If you wanna go for the best monster materials... i've hung out in the Archylte Steppe in the Clearwater Marshes area. I've farmed a ton of different materials from Potent Crystals to a wide array of different essences. I didn't have a real need for mechanical materials, but Academia 500 AF as well as both Augusta Towers drop some nice mechanical materials.

As for the gil issue... ever try fighting the Ochu and Immortal in the Archylte Steppe area??? If you have a durable collector's catalog equipped, these guys will drop some rare stuff that you can sell for some decent gil. But again, I can't think of any reason you need the gil when most of the things that you need are enemy drops.