wenrick

• 2 weeks later...
That would have been nice to find a few days ago lol. I just got done with the last of the clock ones I think. I swear some of the random ones you get aren't solvable or something. Getting like 7 5's on a board of 10 lol.

5's are the easy one. they have only one way to go. It's easy to see when they lead to a dead end. I never spent more than 5 minutes with the clocks. With 3 or 4 retries at the most. Maybe I have been lucky starting from the right position, but they pretty much seem to solve themselves.

Oh right. Haven't posted here yet, but I've already made good use of these puzzle tools. Well, this one;

Final Fantasy 13-2 Time Labyrinth Search

Here's the one that I've been using.

But I'm sure the other one works just as well.

Anyway, a big thanks for posting these, because I completely suck at the clock puzzles. A lot of people seem to lose their patience with things such as the Lucky Coin fragment (didn't bother me, lol), but if there's anything where I completely lost my patience in this game, it's those damn clock puzzles. Sure, the earlier ones are easy, but once the clocks get bigger with a whole bunch of numbers, I find myself spending like half an hour to get through them and reach the end of the rift. >_>

In short; you know those clock puzzles in FFXIII-2? I hate 'em!

I finished all of these puzzles doing it with old school trial and error and some quick thinking on the spot. Usually, I tried to see at the start if there was a number that wasn't "connected" to any of the other numbers, i.e. none of the other positions would end up there. Most of the harder puzzles had a number like that in their starting position... so I always knew I had to begin there, because I'd never be able to get there later.

I finished all of these puzzles doing it with old school trial and error and some quick thinking on the spot. Usually, I tried to see at the start if there was a number that wasn't "connected" to any of the other numbers, i.e. none of the other positions would end up there. Most of the harder puzzles had a number like that in their starting position... so I always knew I had to begin there, because I'd never be able to get there later.

That a good hint, actually. Something to keep in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Old thread, I know, And I'm sure the other two work just fine, but I figured why not....

I used this one from IGN

Hands of Time Puzzle - Final Fantasy 13-2 Wiki Guide - IGN

It's excel based though, so you have to download the file and then run it instead of just doing it in a web browser.

Old thread, I know, And I'm sure the other two work just fine, but I figured why not....

I used this one from IGN

Hands of Time Puzzle - Final Fantasy 13-2 Wiki Guide - IGN

It's excel based though, so you have to download the file and then run it instead of just doing it in a web browser.

Do I need to download excel if I don't have it on my computer because I don't think it works.

The first number is usually the one which you cannot reach by selecting any other number.

Most puzzles that were giving me trouble indeed had one number that you couldn't reach from any other position. Once you figure that out, you at least know where you must begin. Makes the hardest puzzles a lot easier.