Recommended Armor

Stork77

I'm still very early in my Monster Arena/stat farming but I decided to farm some Ribbon armor (with Zanmato) from the Dark Aeons.

Here's what they've dropped so far:

1) Break HP Limit, Ribbon (Auron, Wakka, Lulu)

2) Ribbon, Auto-Protect (Yuna)

3) Break HP Limit, Auto-Regen (Rikku)

I'm still farming; trying to get something for Tidus. Khimari I don't care about, and I probably won't upgrade Lulu or Yuna's armor unless I've got spare stuff lying around.

I was hoping for Ribbon and then 3 slots for Auto-Protect, Auto-Phoenix/Potion, and Auto-Haste but that's out the window.

What customizations should I use based on these armors? I think Auto-Haste is out, since Hastega hits all (instead of Protect which only with one player) so it's easier to compensate for. After that I'm not sure.

Edited by Stork77

Auto-Haste is much better than Hastega will ever be if you want to fight the most efficient way.

Ribbon/Stone Wall

Auto-Haste

Auto-Protect

Defense +20%

Thanks

My question though is what remaining two traits to add given I already have:

1) Ribbon

2) Break HP Limit

From your answer it sounds like Auto-Haste and Auto-Protect (and hope the extra HP makes up for not having Def +20%). So not auto-phoenix or auto-potion?

What about if the two traits I already have are:

1) Break HP Limit

2) Auto-Regen

Ribbon of course, but Auto-Protect or Auto-Haste? Or not worth wasting Dark Matter on?

Thanks

My question though is what remaining two traits to add given I already have:

1) Ribbon

2) Break HP Limit

From your answer it sounds like Auto-Haste and Auto-Protect (and hope the extra HP makes up for not having Def +20%). So not auto-phoenix or auto-potion?

What about if the two traits I already have are:

1) Break HP Limit

2) Auto-Regen

Ribbon of course, but Auto-Protect or Auto-Haste? Or not worth wasting Dark Matter on?

You will not need Break HP Limit, as it is not needed. As Cetra mentioned in his post, you only need that particular setup for the Dark Aeons and for Penance, if you choose to fight him without using Yojimbo.

For Penance and all other Aeons expect Dark Bahamut :

1. Auto-Haste
  2. Auto-Phoenix
  3. Defense + 20%
  4. Auto-Protect

For Dark Bahamut:

• Auto-Haste
  • Auto-Phoenix
  • Ribbon(due to petrification)
  • Auto-Protect

You will not need Break HP Limit, as it is not needed. As Cetra mentioned in his post, you only need that particular setup for the Dark Aeons and for Penance, if you choose to fight him without using Yojimbo.

For Penance and all other Aeons expect Dark Bahamut :

1. Auto-Haste
  2. Auto-Phoenix
  3. Defense + 20%
  4. Auto-Protect

For Dark Bahamut:

• Auto-Haste
  • Auto-Phoenix
  • Ribbon(due to petrification)
  • Auto-Protect

Right, don't NEED Break HP Limit, but that's what the Dark Aeons gave me, so I'm wondering what's the best armor to make given the fact that I'm stuck with several Ribbon/BHPL armors. All Dark Aeons but Yojimbo are dead. By your recommendation Ribbon isn't a good trait either.

I've just gotten enough 3xAP weapons from One-Eye, so can finally start levelling up properly. So looking for armor to carry me through Monster Arena / Nemesis / DarkY. Will probably Zanmato Penance. I assumed Ribbon was good for that, maybe not?

Edited by Stork77

Right, don't NEED Break HP Limit, but that's what the Dark Aeons gave me, so I'm wondering what's the best armor to make given the fact that I'm stuck with several Ribbon/BHPL armors. All Dark Aeons but Yojimbo are dead. By your recommendation Ribbon isn't a good trait either.

I've just gotten enough 3xAP weapons from One-Eye, so can finally start levelling up properly. So looking for armor to carry me through Monster Arena / Nemesis. Will probably Zanmato Penance. I assumed Ribbon was good for that, maybe not?

Ribbon is good for Dark Bahamut since Impulse causes petrification which can be avoided, but I believe he can still be beaten with just counterattacks alone.

The best Armor is what I listed for Penance as you should be dealing 99,999 per hit if you have the Celestial Weapons fully maxed out, with maxed out stats, thus should have little to no issues with killing the Monster Arena battles Nemesis included.

The best characters to use against Penance are: Rikku, Tidus, and Wakka.

I've just gotten enough 3xAP weapons from One-Eye, so can finally start levelling up properly. So looking for armor to carry me through Monster Arena / Nemesis / DarkY. Will probably Zanmato Penance. I assumed Ribbon was good for that, maybe not?

I get where you are coming from... I got a BHPL/Ribbon drop for Wakka from DY, and put Auto-Haste and Auto-Phoenix on it.... I then customised the same armour for Tidus using a 4 slot BHPL drop, and made the same armour for Rikku, except used Auto-Potion instead of Phoenix...

My logic at the time was once you are breaking HP, unless you are using X-Potions or Trio of 9999 (a tactic I never even employed until Penance), potions were of little help to a revived character.. My logic at the time was that spells were better.. (in hindsight Regen may have been better)

Of course I really only did this so I had a Dark Aeon Ribbon set of armour, as I've never found BHPL to be advantageous... (I did find some alt strategies for a couple of monsters using it)

Generally speaking my all-round go-to armour for my characters was Auto-Potion/Haste/Phoenix/Protect... and just because I'm a little nuts when it comes to this stuff I also worked on a BHPL/Auto-Protect/Regen/Haste armour for my characters too once my stats were maxing.... (only so I actually had something that would show my high HP levels, and Regen seems more logical at high HP than potion..)

The only other 'ultimate armour' I made was unique to Rikku with Master Theif and Haste/Potion/Protect on it.... and the well publicised Penance armour with Def+20% on it, which combined with Rikku's mixes allows your party to withstand Penance's attacks..

There are all sorts of possibilities and there isn't really one 'ultimate' armour that works well against everyone... whereas there are no better attacking weapons than the celestials... what I would say is always put Auto-Haste on armour... I can't emphasise enough the benefit of Auto-Haste...

Ribbon is good for Dark Bahamut since Impulse causes petrification which can be avoided, but I believe he can still be beaten with just counterattacks alone.

There is safe way DB can be counter-attacked to death using a party of males with counter-attack abilities built in... but on the cheapness scale I'd say it ranks somewhere between using Zanmato, and separating the Dark Sisters and fighting them individually... :whistle:

There is safe way DB can be counter-attacked to death using a party of males with counter-attack abilities built in... but on the cheapness scale I'd say it ranks somewhere between using Zanmato, and separating the Dark Sisters and fighting them individually... :whistle:

I was told you could just counterattack him to death, but I used Zanmato against DB. It was not until after the fact that I realized you could just do the simple method of counterattacking. As for the sisters, I died the first time I fought them, but when I split them up it was a lot easier since they were piss when separated.

I was told you could just counterattack him to death, but I used Zanmato against DB. It was not until after the fact that I realized you could just do the simple method of counterattacking. As for the sisters, I died the first time I fought them, but when I split them up it was a lot easier since they were piss when separated.

I did watch some youtube vids and there is one where effectively you counter-attack him to death... very slow and boring, but apparently safe. There is a pattern to which he uses impulse, and I think I used a combination of move counting, pure luck, and scrambling for dear life, throwing in some T/W/R overdrives..

I will admit I was trying to fight the sisters separately, but I just couldn't seem to get them separated, lol.. Again, a combination of pure desperation, survival preservation and luck and I managed to eliminate Cindy (I think from memory)... once that was done I knew the fight was winnable, but it certainly wasn't my first attempt at both.... and I'd go as far to say that both these fights are the hardest in the game...

I get where you are coming from... I got a BHPL/Ribbon drop for Wakka from DY, and put Auto-Haste and Auto-Phoenix on it.... I then customised the same armour for Tidus using a 4 slot BHPL drop, and made the same armour for Rikku, except used Auto-Potion instead of Phoenix...

My logic at the time was once you are breaking HP, unless you are using X-Potions or Trio of 9999 (a tactic I never even employed until Penance), potions were of little help to a revived character.. My logic at the time was that spells were better.. (in hindsight Regen may have been better)

Of course I really only did this so I had a Dark Aeon Ribbon set of armour, as I've never found BHPL to be advantageous... (I did find some alt strategies for a couple of monsters using it)

Generally speaking my all-round go-to armour for my characters was Auto-Potion/Haste/Phoenix/Protect... and just because I'm a little nuts when it comes to this stuff I also worked on a BHPL/Auto-Protect/Regen/Haste armour for my characters too once my stats were maxing.... (only so I actually had something that would show my high HP levels, and Regen seems more logical at high HP than potion..)

The only other 'ultimate armour' I made was unique to Rikku with Master Theif and Haste/Potion/Protect on it.... and the well publicised Penance armour with Def+20% on it, which combined with Rikku's mixes allows your party to withstand Penance's attacks..

There are all sorts of possibilities and there isn't really one 'ultimate' armour that works well against everyone... whereas there are no better attacking weapons than the celestials... what I would say is always put Auto-Haste on armour... I can't emphasise enough the benefit of Auto-Haste...

Thanks, I appreciate the info regarding BHPL armour. I did go with the consensus (Auto-Prot/Haste/Phnx with an empty slot for now) for my main 3, and one BHPL/Ribbon with Auto-Haste/Phnx added for Auron as a comparison (and relatively cheap "ultimate" armour for him). BHPL seems to come in handy against Earth Eater's Flare counter - but only once and Auto-Phoenix is just as good. It seems worse against Greater Sphere's ____ Press counter. That's as much testing as I've done… and likely to do since I Zanmato'd most of the Dark Aeons a long time ago.

Even abusing Zanmato as I levelled up (I didn't want to backtrack for any spheres, so I needed to beat Earth Eater early on), it didn't seem like I was ever hurting for money so building the consensus ultimate armour from scratch wasn't bad at all. I thought it would be more of a pain than it was. Haven't missed Ribbon yet, but still have the BHPL/Ribbon armours if I need them.

Thanks, I appreciate the info regarding BHPL armour. I did go with the consensus (Auto-Prot/Haste/Phnx with an empty slot for now) for my main 3, and one BHPL/Ribbon with Auto-Haste/Phnx added for Auron as a comparison (and relatively cheap "ultimate" armour for him). BHPL seems to come in handy against Earth Eater's Flare counter - but only once and Auto-Phoenix is just as good. It seems worse against Greater Sphere's ____ Press counter. That's as much testing as I've done… and likely to do since I Zanmato'd most of the Dark Aeons a long time ago.

Even abusing Zanmato as I levelled up (I didn't want to backtrack for any spheres, so I needed to beat Earth Eater early on), it didn't seem like I was ever hurting for money so building the consensus ultimate armour from scratch wasn't bad at all. I thought it would be more of a pain than it was. Haven't missed Ribbon yet, but still have the BHPL/Ribbon armours if I need them.

Break HP Limit serves zero purpose due to the fact you have to replace your entire grid with HP spheres. You can beat Earth Eater easily with Death-Proof for whenever he does he Megaton Punch. Plus, if you have Wakka maxed out, you can go with Loner Overdrive charge, and Attack Reels for an easy win.