Dark Yojimbo Problem

Kuja

Hey guys im trying to beat dark yojimbo but it looks impossible. my tidus rikku wakka are max stats ( 255 + 140 luck and auto-protect auto phonix and tidus has ribbon ) but he is doing nonstop wakazashi and im dying . i cant even attack him.

There is a trick or something i dont know ? :think:

You really should get auto-haste. Casting hasteaga is a very poor substitute since every time you die you need to waste another turn to reapply it. Plus the hasteaga spell itself comes with a significant delay for the caster's next turn.

Go to the monster arena, fight Machea and bribe 360,000. Repeat as necessary until all 3 characters have auto-haste.

yes i have all celestical weapon , but im doing hastega yes it wastes my turn but :whistle:

i will try to cheer right now. i hope it works :(

Yeah, you really should get auto haste on your characters and then put protect on them and cheer x5. That's pretty much the only way to survive against that. Also, auto-life is your friend.

i beated him on my 5th times. i think auto-life was the best thing :S and my luck he didnt do wakazashi so much just 3 or 4 times. and at least one charecter has to have BHPL.

and i should really take auto-haste i guess after dark yojimbo terrible experiment.

thank you so much for your all advices guys :dance:

• 4 weeks later...
I'm kinda having an issue with dark yojimbo as well. Is it possible to do with 9999 hp or do I need to break the limit? Also what's the recommended luck stat to take him on?

Yes, you want to have at least 120+ luck when fighting him. If you have maxed out stats except for Magic and Luck, you should deal 99,999 every hit with Quick Hit. However, I would recommend you get your main 4 maxed: Tidus, Wakka, Rikku, and Yuna. Whenever his turn comes around, switch out Tidus, Wakka, or Rikka for Yuna and let the Aeon take the hit.

Yes, you want to have at least 120+ luck when fighting him. If you have maxed out stats except for Magic and Luck, you should deal 99,999 every hit with Quick Hit. However, I would recommend you get your main 4 maxed: Tidus, Wakka, Rikku, and Yuna. Whenever his turn comes around, switch out Tidus, Wakka, or Rikka for Yuna and let the Aeon take the hit.

Or just save yourself time and max out 3 characters and use auto life but if they're done properly Dark Yojimbo shouldn't even get a turn. He died to auto haste quick hits before he even did anything to me each time.

Edited by Yuripasu

Or just save yourself time and max out 3 characters and use auto life but if they're done properly Dark Yojimbo shouldn't even get a turn. He died to auto haste quick hits before he even did anything to me each time.

Eh, Auto-Life is too much of a hassle, and I just wanted to get it over with. Sure I could have done it like that, or made my Aeon my Meat Shield - seems like there only purpose at that point in the game. Plus, I wanted to get the Sphere Grid done for Yuna as, well, I just wanted to get it done.

Eh, Auto-Life is too much of a hassle, and I just wanted to get it over with. Sure I could have done it like that, or made my Aeon my Meat Shield - seems like there only purpose at that point in the game. Plus, I wanted to get the Sphere Grid done for Yuna as, well, I just wanted to get it done.

Worth noting tho: His Overdrive (Zanmatou) negates Auto-Life and kills you 100% sure. You have to sacrifice an Aeon for it. For everything else it simply is not needed. 9,999 HP + Auto-Protect + 5 x Cheers should suffice (+max defense ofc). With that setup even Wakizashi was not enough to kill me.

Btw, i would advise to use Rikkus Ultra-Nul-All. It gives 5 x Cheers, Focus, Aim all at once.

Worth noting tho: His Overdrive (Zanmatou) negates Auto-Life and kills you 100% sure. You have to sacrifice an Aeon for it. For everything else it simply is not needed. 9,999 HP + Auto-Protect + 5 x Cheers should suffice (+max defense ofc). With that setup even Wakizashi was not enough to kill me.

Btw, i would advise to use Rikkus Ultra-Nul-All. It gives 5 x Cheers, Focus, Aim all at once.

Yeah that's true, but as I said, with auto haste, max speed and quick hits he died each time without having a turn.

• 1 month later...
What about def +20%?

I'm planning to use it along with auto-haste, protect and potion just to grind ribbon from him.

You can just do Auto-Haste/Protect/Ribbon/Phoenix. That is what I used, but everyone was hitting 99,999 expect maybe two characters. You should save Def +20% for Penance if you plan on fighting him legit.

Edited by x410xDragon

You can just do Auto-Haste/Protect/Ribbon/Phoenix. That is what I used, but everyone was hitting 99,999 expect maybe two two characters. You should save Def +20% for Penance if you plan on fighting him legit.

The problem is I don't have any ribbon right now. I've tried getting it from Dark Valefor, but no results. And I kinda tired of soft reset. Hehehe..

The problem is I don't have any ribbon right now. I've tried getting it from Dark Valefor, but no results. And I kinda tired of soft reset. Hehehe..

You can get 99 Dark matters from the Monster Arena guy for capturing x10 of all monsters in a particular area(s). :) You'll get it man!

Increasing luck to about 120 takes forever.

I used Aim 10-15 times which made up for it :D

Yeah, but you're already in the midst of a grind. So you're better off just getting the 120 luck. Though, I guess that is a better alternative....but you would be wasting turns, wouldn't you? :think:

Yeah, but you're already in the midst of a grind. So you're better off just getting the 120 luck. Though, I guess that is a better alternative....but you would be wasting turns, wouldn't you? :think:

Yeah that was true, but with Auto Haste, BHP limit and auto protect on all 3 characters with aeons as meat shields it didn't make much of a difference even missing turns, Wakizashi couldn't take out any of my party.

Yeah that was true, but with Auto Haste, BHP limit and auto protect on all 3 characters with aeons as meat shields it didn't make much of a difference even missing turns, Wakizashi couldn't take out any of my party.

Yeah, I could see that applied to if you had BHPL, but not happening if you did not and went with the 9,999 HP method like I did :rolleyes: :)