• 16-20 Hours
    • 21-25 Hours
    • 26-35 Hours
    • 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

Estimated Time to Plat/100% Length: 100+ Hours

• Visit the Platinum Club for this game.
  • Visit the Collected Estimated Time Ratings thread.

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the Plat or 100%.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the Plat or 100%.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.
Edited by Viper

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at about 90 hours when the platinum trophy finally popped.

That said, I had the advantage of having played the game to completion twice back on the PS2 and I still remembered all of the tricks to make things as easy as possible for myself.

Edited by Kitsuna
Ten hours off correct time

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to get enough of this game at the moment, couldn't stop playing it on my ps2 either

but that said I'd have to put it down to a 100+, I've managed to hammer out the sphere grid on all of the party in around 55-60 hours along with the weapons but the arena, dark aeons and mini games keep whipping my ass

always did have problems with them in the ps2 era also

I voted for 76-100. My final completion time was 104 hours, but about 5 hours of that was mashing :cross: during an early boss battle to auto-level my characters while I was doing something else, and I'd wager at least another 5 was having the game on Pause while I checked this site or whatever. The clock never stops, so I think my true time was arond 95 hours.

This is from someone who played it extensively on PS2 and knows how everything works...I think it will be definitely over 100 hours for first time players.

Took me about 109 hours to plat, so voted for 100+

The only trophies that are time consuming are sphere grid related trophies, other trophies, especially those requires to beat extra bosses can be done quickly by just using Yojimbo. (if you have spend much money on him, which I did)

I also stuck few hours on those annoying games, especially lightning dodging and chocobo catcher minigames. Oh, how annoying!

I got the plat in 115 hours. If you played FF games before then you know what to expect. The game's trophy list asks you to complete the game pretty close to 100%.

Depending on how you set up your plans you might be able to get things done quickly but the real time builders are completing all sphere grids, capturing every monster and defeating the super bosses. But its all fun so enjoy. Its 100 hours well spent.

• 5 weeks later...

First: I have played the game on the PS2 some years back, but didn't do any of the optional stuff.

Second: I took my time reexperiencing the story and the atmosphere of the game. I also stopped from time to time just to look at the design of the areas.

Even with doing that, I got my Platinum in about 111 hours.

• 4 weeks later...

Voted in the 75-100 hour range for platinum.

My game save is at 79 hours and I only have two trophies left (lulu lightning dodge and killing yu yevon). I am shocked so many people voted for 100+ hours. For newcomers...don't be discouraged, if you go in with a plan this is actually an easier and shorter platinum than FF 13

Edited by TrippyPBA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...